What's new

Skylar Richardson Trial

I don't really get into these types of stories.

I think it's really a question of neglect... whether or not she killed the baby at birth nobody would know.. but could she have neglected the baby to the point of death and be convicted of the murder that way? i.e., not going to the doctor, not telling anyone during delivery.

If you really need me to explain why I find this thread to be a microcosm of his weirdness, you’re not half as smart as I thought you were.

What was going on in her home life that made her do something so desperate is far more interesting to me than whether she killed her child outright or by neglect.

What was going on in her home life that made her do something so desperate is far more interesting to me than whether she killed her child outright or by neglect.
Yeah that's the subplot... she's a cheerleader and her mom is apparently very concerned about her being a certain weight and not being pregnant... and she seemed really scared of her parents or her mother more specifically.

Also this was around the time of the prom and she was very concerned about being able to fit into her dress and going there with her boyfriend and not have him notice that she was pregnant.

All this lead to her giving birth in the middle of the night in a home with both her parents and a younger brother and a dog present without anyone ever noticing.

You're right it's very interesting.

Yeah that's the subplot... she's a cheerleader and her mom is apparently very concerned about her being a certain weight and not being pregnant... and she seemed really scared of her parents or her mother more specifically.

Also this was around the time of the prom and she was very concerned about being able to fit into her dress and going there with her boyfriend and not have him notice that she was pregnant.

All this lead to her giving birth in the middle of the night in a home with both her parents and a younger brother and a dog present without anyone ever noticing.

You're right it's very interesting.
So she went for a natural childbirth? That's awesome! No drugs to cloud the experience. No distractions. Just her and labor.

I think more women should give birth at home, alone, with their family undisturbed.

I bet she paid $0. Prove she didn't!

So she went for a natural childbirth? That's awesome! No drugs to cloud the experience. No distractions. Just her and labor.

I think more women should give birth at home, alone, with their family undisturbed.

Well it either resulted in a stillborn or she was so traumatised by the experience she ended the baby's life...

Either way I don't think it was all that awesome bro!!!

Well it either resulted in a stillborn or she was so traumatised by the experience she ended the baby's life...

Either way I don't think it was all that awesome bro!!!
But it was completely natural. Sometimes natural births have complications, but I give her points for sticking with it.

Indeed the paid $0. And now the taxpayers will cover the cost to the tune of what, $40k per year for 20 years or so? $800k for a home-birth seems excessive.

If you really need me to explain why I find this thread to be a microcosm of his weirdness, you’re not half as smart as I thought you were.

I don't know why you think it's weird. People are intrigued by crime, especially crimes that get reported on a national level.

He’s intrigued by celebrity/tabloid nonsense. Not any regular old crimes. Gossipy ones.

Um, no? I watched the Ashley McArthur's trial 2 weeks ago and I don't remember that being in the news all that much.

In that one she took the victim (her friend that she owed money to) to her family's farm and killed her point blank with a gun at the back of the head. She then went to HomeDepot the next day, bought concrete mix and potting mix to cover up the body. Funny thing is she was a former CSI agent so she should have known better than to go to HomeDepot that had a crystal clear video clip of her entering and buying both the concrete mix and the potting mix. I would have gone to a smaller hardware store instead. Also why wear a fitbit watch that tells the investigator you had walked 2,000+ steps during the time of the murder? Defense argued she had a bad back... um.. no?!?!

Also watched Michael Drejka trial the week before... ok maybe the Drejka one is a bit tabloidy but I do followed the ordinary ones as well as long as they're publicly streamed online.

2,000 steps is only about one mile... most of us do that at home over the course of about one hour. It’s not that much.

2,000 steps is only about one mile... most of us do that at home over the course of about one hour. It’s not that much.
Yeah it showed she took like less than 100 steps between 9am-1pm, then 2,000 steps between 1-2pm, then nothing after that. She was also the last person with the victim. She gave the detective stories about them going somewhere else together but the cell tower info said otherwise.

The next day she was seen in that HomeDepot video.

She was found guilty in less than 2 hours.