What's new

Smart moving to top of the board?

He is the best value at 5, IMO. I'll give you guys that.

I'd love drafting Smart and flipping Burke + #23 for a pick 10-15. There's some good wings on the board there, or we could reach for another big (I like Payne or Capela).

These sources need to quit playing games with my mind....

It would make sense to take him if we can get in on the back end of the PF run and get one of the 7-10 picks by using Trey. Otherwise I don't love it.

What's happening with Sacramento's 8th pick? Anyway, Jazz can offer Kanter and take a bad contract for it?

Oh god I dont know anymore. At this point no matter who they pick I'll convince myself he was the best choice. Smart would be the only dude on the team willing to throw down if necessary which I guess adds some value.

could be a smokescreen to deflect their interest in Embiid.

OK State was on TV, it seems like every week. Got to see Smart often. A couple of times, I saw him take over games, but more often, they kept talking about how great he was, but i just didn't see it.

Smart scares me.

I saw Gordon quite a bit too, and he seemed to be in the middle of everything every game... even when he didn't shoot well, he seemed to dominate.

Not scientific at all, but it certainly influences my perceptions and hopes.

If they draft Smart then Burke will be gone by the end of the night.

If they draft Smart, my money is that they have a deal ready before the pick is submitted. DL likes to shake things up. Let's say he ends up turning that GSW pick into Burke and then Burke and a pick into Smart. That's good asset management. And I'm not even a big fan of Marcus Smart, but I'm smart enough to realize that he would have gone #1 overall last year. You don't pass up a chance to upgrade when possible. . . especially if you can do so at a reasonable cost.

Smart may end up being the best player of this draft class. I believe DL may take him but I also am not sure how this info has been leaked. I mean it's very unusual of Jazz FO.

If they draft Smart, my money is that they have a deal ready before the pick is submitted. DL likes to shake things up. Let's say he ends up turning that GSW pick into Burke and then Burke and a pick into Smart. That's good asset management. And I'm not even a big fan of Marcus Smart, but I'm smart enough to realize that he would have gone #1 overall last year. You don't pass up a chance to upgrade when possible. . . especially if you can do so at a reasonable cost.
Admittedly I have put down a few, but I just can't figure out what you're saying here.

What's happening with Sacramento's 8th pick? Anyway, Jazz can offer Kanter and take a bad contract for it?

If they're picking Smart at either 5 or 8, it would be better to keep Kanter and deal Burke. I'd be more than happy to see the Jazz come out of the lottery with Aaron Gordon, Marcus Smart, Derrick Williams, whatever other salary trash needs to get added to make the deal and only give up cap space, Trey Burke and maybe the 23rd pick.

He is the best value at 5, IMO. I'll give you guys that.

I'd love drafting Smart and flipping Burke + #23 for a pick 10-15. There's some good wings on the board there, or we could reach for another big (I like Payne or Capela).

If gordon is still on the board at 8, which could happen if we take smart, then we could flip burke for the 8 and a bad contract. Might have to give up 23 but probably not.

If Smart is available at 8 then Sac takes smart so we have to take him first to make this trade happen.

If we got Smart and Gordon with only losing burke and 23 that would be a great draft.

We need to offer him a Delta flight for a quick workout in SLC to make the rumor complete.

If gordon is still on the board at 8, which could happen if we take smart, then we could flip burke for the 8 and a bad contract. Might have to give up 23 but probably not.

If we got Smart and Gordon with only losing burke and 23 that would be a great draft.

I'd be very happy with this.

Smart may end up being the best player of this draft class. I believe DL may take him but I also am not sure how this info has been leaked. I mean it's very unusual of Jazz FO.

I truly believe they have been quite on him because that's how we do things. Not appearing interested was our smokescreen. He is an obvious upgrade to our team. Not sure anyone else could be as impactful as him. We need a leader. We could take him and move Burke, 23, and 35 for 8 and grab Gordon there. I think draft express is right that if we don't take Gordon at five he falls to 10.