What's new

So glad we don’t have to deal with this anymore ……

Ant is very good... so if he pops just a bit more they could be a conference finals team... if you can get to the conference finals then you are a sprained ankle away from a potential title. McDaniels is also quite good and improving. If they got something for KAT and Rudy didn't fall off a cliff they are in pretty good shape in the immediate term.

He’d have to pop far more than a bit more. He’d have to be a top 5-7 player. That speculation could be said for a dozen or more teams.

Right now, they’re not even close to being in this discussion. They lost in the first round this year, Rudy is now 31 years old, and they basically have no leadership. If Ant pops some, maybe they’ll win a playoff round. Maybe not.

He’d have to pop far more than a bit more. He’d have to be a top 5-7 player. That speculation could be said for a dozen or more teams.

Right now, they’re not even close to being in this discussion. They lost in the first round this year, Rudy is now 31 years old, and they basically have no leadership. If Ant pops some, maybe they’ll win a playoff round. Maybe not.
They lost to the Nuggets and a dude in the Nuggets asid they were their hardest matchup..

IDK man he's pretty good. He takes a leap (last year was his age 21 season) and he is like an efficient 27-28 ppg with 5 assists and is a good defender. McDaniels takes a leap and doesn't punch a wall... With how much parity there will be going forward I could see them making the conference finals if things broke well. If Rudy regresses they are in trouble. If KAT doesn't net a good return eventually then they are in trouble, but I see a decently high ceiling in a West that is good but not impossible. Cavs I don't see a huge ceiling for... IDK I just think Ant is the player with the most potential on either team.

They lost to the Nuggets and a dude in the Nuggets asid they were their hardest matchup..

I’m aware. Means nothing. Guys give out compliments to teams or players like that in sports all the time. And at the end of the day, the Wolves were never in the series, winning just game four.

IDK man he's pretty good. He takes a leap (last year was his age 21 season) and he is like an efficient 27-28 ppg with 5 assists and is a good defender. McDaniels takes a leap and doesn't punch a wall... With how much parity there will be going forward I could see them making the conference finals if things broke well. If Rudy regresses they are in trouble. If KAT doesn't net a good return eventually then they are in trouble, but I see a decently high ceiling in a West that is good but not impossible. Cavs I don't see a huge ceiling for... IDK I just think Ant is the player with the most potential on either team.

Perhaps you’re right. Time will tell. However, I also think it’s very tough for a franchise that has a history of always losing and has not won in the playoffs with their current core to all of a sudden just win it. Basically no teams do that unless you got Lebron. So if they win a series or two this year, the the year after it’s a possibility I suppose.

I just don’t see it though. They are completely void of leadership.

Perhaps you’re right. Time will tell. However, I also think it’s very tough for a franchise that has a history of always losing and has not won in the playoffs with their current core to all of a sudden just win it. Basically no teams do that unless you got Lebron.
Did you like miss this year's playoffs or something?

Maybe the biggest obstacle too is maturity for lack of a better word. There generally takes years of losing in the playoffs to develop a certain mettle needed to win a little more each time, overcoming certain hurdles in the process. Jordan, Lebron, Giannis, almost all of the guys encounter this. Jokic just did.

Edwards is 21 now. The odds that he gains all this in the next three years by age 24 to overcome said obstacles and win it all is slim to none imo. Sorry, but he’s not Lebron or Jordan. He’s not even Giannis or Durant who we knew had unquestionably unique abilities for their size. And by age 24, Gobert is 34 and likely slowing down. So their timelines just don’t matchup imo.

Jokic had won in the playoffs before. They’d been to the conference finals before.
2015 Warriors didn't have much playoff success before winning it all.
2021 Suns made it all the way to the Finals after over a decade of not winning a playoff game.

2015 Warriors didn't have much playoff success before winning it all.
2021 Suns made it all the way to the Finals after over a decade of not winning a playoff game.

They have a transcendent player, another top five shooter of all-time and a coach who many think is a top five coach all-time.

The Suns have a guy who many think (I don’t) is a top 3 pg all-time.

Listen, AE can take a leap. That won’t be enough to get them to the Finals. He needs to make a major leap. And even then, that doesn’t guarantee anything. Just ask Harden and others.

They have a transcendent player, another top five shooter of all-time and a coach who many think is a top five coach all-time.
Going into the season, nobody would have said any of those things about the Warriors. Those narratives come after a team wins, not before.

The Suns have a guy who many think (I don’t) is a top 3 pg all-time.
He wasn't even their best player...

Listen, AE can take a leap. That won’t be enough to get them to the Finals. He needs to make a major leap. And even then, that doesn’t guarantee anything. Just ask Harden and others.
If AE takes a leap and they have better health, I don't see why they wouldn't be in the conversation.

Personally I still believe in the Wolves but I wouldn't bet on them because of their history of failing expectations, but I still think they have the talent of a 50+ win team.

Personally I still believe in the Wolves but I wouldn't bet on them because of their history of failing expectations, but I still think they have the talent of a 50+ win team.

That’s a completely reasonable take. I agree with it. I think they have the talent to win 50 games no doubt. But I just don’t believe in them for a multitude of reasons. The first 20 games is huge for them. If they can get out to a 14-6 start or something, all bets are off.

I don’t think so at all.

I do. I’m not a Gobert fan but he’s elite at what he does. Towns is sort of elite and Edwards could be or close.

Mobley isn’t Gobert. And Garland isn’t as good as Towns. Mitchell and Edwards are sort of a wash.

I do. I’m not a Gobert fan but he’s elite at what he does. Towns is sort of elite and Edwards could be or close.

Mobley isn’t Gobert. And Garland isn’t as good as Towns. Mitchell and Edwards are sort of a wash.

I'm surprised that people still think Cleveland is better than MN after watching the playoffs. The Wolves looked good!

Back