What's new

So what is the formula?

slc

After this finals how do you build your team?
To beat Lebron.
To beat Curry.
To beat Durant and OKC.
How?! :mad:

Defense. Efficient shooting both from three and the line. Rebounding.

We can do all of these well. Our defense and rebounding could each be really, really good. Elite maybe even. But I've said it a zillion times. We have to shoot better. Hayward needs to be a 39% shooter or better from three. Hood 40-42%. Exum even around 35% would be solid enough in just his second year. Burks around 38%.

1- tank to get a high lottery pick
2-pick a star
3- surround him with stable coaches and players

Hello Minnysotta.

If all else fails, the clock will beat all three of them.

Having superstars.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Been saying this for a long time. Best way to get a superstar? The draft.

Yep, that's why we tanked. Now we just have to hope Exum was worth it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Or trade a certain someone for another top pick. (No need to even tank with this course of action.... Some would say that would cause a tank but I think the remaining players + multiple lottery picks + free agent additions still makes the playoffs)

Two-way athletes with length who can shoot, defend, rebound, handle, pass, and play in a smart system.

That said, the Cavs won with one-one-one iso plays by Lebron and Kyrie.

I was going to say Father Time. Lebron and Durant aren't going to matter in a decade......

I think the jazz are building like the 1 exception to the rules. That was detroit. Elite defense with a solid team concept. The problem with this is it is the exception. It was lightning in a can.

I think the jazz are building like the 1 exception to the rules. That was detroit. Elite defense with a solid team concept. The problem with this is it is the exception. It was lightning in a can.
Had they picked Kawhi Leonard over Burks and the Greek Freak over Burke, I think there's a decent chance they could have done it. Those two would have given the Jazz 5 solid defensive players, who are smart and focus on team-first basketball on the floor together. Just needed to hire Chip Engelland to teach them how to shoot.

Lightning comes in bottles, not cans. But I agree, that's what we need.
620302.jpg

Had they picked Kawhi Leonard over Burks and the Greek Freak over Burke, I think there's a decent chance they could have done it. Those two would have given the Jazz 5 solid defensive players, who are smart and focus on team-first basketball on the floor together. Just needed to hire Chip Engelland to teach them how to shoot.
If if and buts were candy and nuts i would never have been born

Sent from my LG-D851 using JazzFanz mobile app

I think that their best hope would be to add an All Star caliber player and have them take a jump up in their development. Get somebody like DeMar DeRozan, who would be the #1 guy in Utah, and then have him do what he does (and what got him to the All Star game twice) as well as start shooting 3's at a high clip. All of a sudden, they have a legitimate franchise guy and the rest of the Jazz look pretty damn good with a guy like that.

I guess, the idea is that if you took the core of Gobert, Favors, Lyles, Hayward, Hood and Exum and then added a star to that group. . . that would be a pretty damn good team (as long as Burke, Withey and Johnson never have to see the court.) With a little luck, that would be a contending team. I like a team that can play defense at the end of the season much better than one that can score, but can't stop people.

Been saying this for a long time. Best way to get a superstar? The draft.

Then you'll be waiting along time ......as the Jazz will be climbing the Western Conference ladder quickly ,defense leading the way.But look for Hayward and Favors and Hood to become stars ,maybe not superstars but Jazz will compete with every team because they have top talent at every position which few teams can match .

Get somebody like DeMar DeRozan, who would be the #1 guy in Utah, and then have him do what he does (and what got him to the All Star game twice) as well as start shooting 3's at a high clip.

DeRosan wouldn't necessarily be a #1 guy in a lot of other teams.He shot 20 per game to average 20.9 ppg and is a Eastern Conf. all-star.Give Gordon Hayward 5 more shots again to get 20 spg like Derosan and he'd be averaging 23.7 ppg and called a "star".You think he'd be a Eastern Conf all-star too.

Okay so we have two options. First is KD he should be are number one target. Second is signing free agents to fill out the bench and starting rotation is set. Third is trading Exum Gobert Favors Hood or Lyles for a final piece but not more than one of them.

The new formula is ISO-ball + switching defense. I can't wait for the whole league to follow suit. And when you look at us - you got switching defense(when Exum returns) + 5-6 above average iso players(Hood's actually elite).

Oh.... I forgot... also... the formula includes a LeBron-like player. Good luck, Gordon.