What's new

So who are the players we should offer max deals to?

unbelievable that fringe all stars are going to be in the high 20 mill range in the not so distant future. Insane. And I mean literally insane. Timing is everything but that's ridiculous.

Dragic is really the only reasonable one (fit), Butler, Leonard aren't likely to leave their teams I think Bulls and Spurs will have them as faces of their franchise and build around them.
Dragic can be had and fits our need (a solid PG!!), the ultimate question will be does Jazz FO see Exum as the man or not, otherwise Im now leaning towards resigning Slo Mo Joe three seasons, keeping Book
and we're done. Also pickup options on Cotton and Lil'sap...Gobert, Favors, Hood et all will be $$$ when they're up in the coming years

Before you ever get to that point, you bring over Tomic, trade up in the draft and then see what teams will want for these guys. The only way Utah gets one of them is to give up assets. I'd gladly pay for Leonard or Butler, but I doubt either guy gets moved.

Way more likely to nab a RFA next year at the deadline - just like what we saw this year. Just because teams have the means to extend or match their guys doesn't mean that they have the desire to do so. Even trading away next year's pick to move up, the Jazz should still have plenty of assets to make a move at the deadline if they want to.

After all, OKC got Kanter for a heavily protected future 1st, a foreign prospect, a D-league guy and a 2nd round pick. There's bound to be somebody's headache out there that the Jazz can steal.

ya. I think we need to start talking about it after we figure out about tomic

Dragic isn't leaving Miami, the #2 NBA destination behind LA, to come to Utah. Why would Dragic leave Bosh and Durrant to play with the Jazz?

I hope the Jazz just stay patient and they draft another player and bring Tomic over and with Burks return they should be set.

The Jazz are not going to be able to get Leonard or Butler, the two guys I would want. No to Dragic, he acted like Kanter once he left Phoenix. The next step the Jazz need to take is making the playoffs, another year playing together will also help the chemistry. Bringing in a guy who is making MAX could work but it could also mess up the chemistry. I think our wing position has enough talent especially with the return of Alec, the improvement of Hood and Ingles (he was playing a lot better after all-star break).

And SA won't sign/match Leonard to the max?

why would they just allow their best young player to walk for nothing? We are talking about the Spurs here not the Knicks or Queens.

Stop it all u inbred idiots. We have Burks and Hayward already making 10million+ with Hood who will command this once he finishes his rookie deal. U guys are like a bunch of kids in a candy store let's build a ****ing bench u Morans!!!!!!!!!

No high profile agents will be coming here and everybody knows that. Just like always, we'll build through the draft and add a bench vet or two.

No high profile agents will be coming here and everybody knows that. Just like always, we'll build through the draft and add a bench vet or two.

I don't know how much I believe this. I might have use to but money's going to win out for sure! If Knicks sign Montoe to a max and have 8 million left for Tobias Harris and Jazz offer Harris 12, I think he comes to Utah

Get a solid bench in place for now, and then let your young guys continue to develop. The Gobert/Favors combo looks like the identity of this team moving forward. This gives you a chance to see how the Burks/Hood dynamic will work moving forward. I'm betting that Milwaukee is pretty happy that they let Middleton develop into a starter instead of a 6th man - even though he's about to get paid big. The big step will be trading for a disgruntled All Star in a year or two once we see exactly how far this group can go. The Jazz need to save their future cap space for their star players next contracts. Don't want to find themselves in an OKC situation, where acquiring Kendrick Perkins cost them James Harden. The Jazz want to be on the other end of that dynamic.

Jazz will have a tough offseason in 2018. They have Exum, Hood, Hayward and Favors coming off the books, and will have Rudy on what will likely be a max contract at that point. They will have a lot of trouble paying them all after winning 3 straight NBA titles ;)

Stop it all u inbred idiots. We have Burks and Hayward already making 10million+ with Hood who will command this once he finishes his rookie deal. U guys are like a bunch of kids in a candy store let's build a ****ing bench u Morans!!!!!!!!!

Yes, Mr IQ. You are certain that Burks will definitely be her and Hood will definitely deserve 10 million. You are not only brilliant, but psychic too.

Look, I get the "stand pat" strategy and frankly kinda like the idea. But the notion that we should not consider alternatives is frankly just plain dumb. Listen to DL at exit interviews. But maybe you think Dennis is a liar or an inbred idiot, at least compared to you.

It is tempting to go out and splurge knowing the cap nearly doubles in four years. If we put a max player next to our core, along with internal development, we could be a top 5 seed instantly.
The problem is every other team knows the cap situation as well, so the only ones who have to be careful are those who are in danger of hitting the repeater tax penalties....and that's not many.

Not nearly max, but if no Tomic I'd be willing to overspend a bit on a guy like Bismack Biyombo to backup Rudy.

Yes, Mr IQ. You are certain that Burks will definitely be her and Hood will definitely deserve 10 million. You are not only brilliant, but psychic too.

Look, I get the "stand pat" strategy and frankly kinda like the idea. But the notion that we should not consider alternatives is frankly just plain dumb. Listen to DL at exit interviews. But maybe you think Dennis is a liar or an inbred idiot, at least compared to you.

So we should add a max contract to our deepest area on the wing where we already have Burks and Hayward under contracts for 3-4 years and Hood under team control for a long time. And I can't say Hood is going to demand 10+ million, but he sure as hell looks like he's headed in that direction. We bloody well don't need another core guy on the wing. Here's an idea. Let's look at what we do need to have a more well rounded team. Maybe a stretch 4 or a backup pg or a backup C. Why the hell do we need 4 high profile wings?!?! How many shots do u think are for this team? Christ! Let's use some of this money to resign Gobert who might command Hayward money after next season and if Exum reaches even half his potential then he's going to need to get paid, and Hood will be in the same boat if he builds off what he did late in the season. Hell! It's possible he could end up being better then Hayward.

I'm not psychic or specially brilliant, but I know how to trust what I see with my eyes. There is no reason to think Burks wont be here.

What I do see is that Hayward and Favors have three more years and are the table setters for this team. Burks and Hood will be here a long time and will probably both deserve to start, but both can't, so why in the **** do we need to sign a max wing in free agency? It will be hard enough keeping Both Hood and Burks happy if they both think of them selves as starters.

I do know the Jazz need a backup C and a pg and one more bench scorer. So where in the hell does another max wing player fit into the equation?

This has nothing to do with brilliance or foresight and everything to do with commonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So we should add a max contract to our deepest area on the wing where we already have Burks and Hayward under contracts for 3-4 years and Hood under team control for a long time. And I can't say Hood is going to demand 10+ million, but he sure as hell looks like he's headed in that direction. We bloody well don't need another core guy on the wing. Here's an idea. Let's look at what we do need to have a more well rounded team. Maybe a stretch 4 or a backup pg or a backup C. Why the hell do we need 4 high profile wings?!?! How many shots do u think are for this team? Christ! Let's use some of this money to resign Gobert who might command Hayward money after next season and if Exum reaches even half his potential then he's going to need to get paid, and Hood will be in the same boat if he builds off what he did late in the season. Hell! It's possible he could end up being better then Hayward.

I'm not psychic or specially brilliant, but I know how to trust what I see with my eyes. There is no reason to think Burks wont be here.

What I do see is that Hayward and Favors have three more years and are the table setters for this team. Burks and Hood will be here a long time and will probably both deserve to start, but both can't, so why in the **** do we need to sign a max wing in free agency? It will be hard enough keeping Both Hood and Burks happy if they both think of them selves as starters.

I do know the Jazz need a backup C and a pg and one more bench scorer. So where in the hell does another max wing player fit into the equation?

This has nothing to do with brilliance or foresight and everything to do with commonsense.

Yeah, I understand how your brain is working, your sense is certainly "common" and it is extrapolating the past and lacking imagination about the future.

Your scenario assume we keep both Burks at $10m per year and Hood in the case where we sign an elite wing. For example, in a scenario where we sign Kawhi you don't think we would parlay Burks into other assets (perhaps a backup C? or solid vet PG?)

Just because these are things that are beyond your imagination does not mean it is beyond "idiots" like DL. DL talks about strategies such as this on on a pretty regular basis.

1. If Utah had any chance at all to bring in Leonard, you don't turn that down because of Burks and Hood, no matter how much fans like those players. Player values are about to make a ridiculous jump, so any chance to add significant talent must be capitalized on immediately, regardless of any rotation issues, which can be worked out later.

2. Utah has no chance at Leonard, so I guess the point is moot.

Dragic isn't leaving Miami, the #2 NBA destination behind LA, to come to Utah. Why would Dragic leave Bosh and Durrant to play with the Jazz?

And yet, he's still a more realistic option than Butler, Middleton and Leonard.