What's new

So who is going to win the NBA Championship Heat or OKC?

Who will win championship?

• OKC

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • HEAT

Votes: 16 45.7%

• Total voters
Thunder are too soft.

The play that stuck with me from tonight's game was Shane Battier taking it to the rim with Durant guarding him and lowering his shoulder into Durant, getting a wide open layup. Durant really needs to up his defense to make the next step.

They did beat a fantastic Spurs team in a 7 game series. Sorry, but you can't overlook something that impressive.

Time to give credit where credit is due. Miami absolutely deserves credit for being champions.

Yeah, the Spurs are a finesse team though. The Heat displayed a lot of toughness with the way James played.

Credit to Miami. OKC not ready.

I thought OKC looked lost and tenative.

How about bad back Miller? That kinda killed OKC too

Thunder are too soft.

The play that stuck with me from tonight's game was Shane Battier taking it to the rim with Durant guarding him and lowering his shoulder into Durant, getting a wide open layup. Durant really needs to up his defense to make the next step.

He needs to develop a post game like Lebron did to make the next step.

They did beat a fantastic Spurs team in a 7 game series. Sorry, but you can't overlook something that impressive.

Time to give credit where credit is due. Miami absolutely deserves credit for being champions.

About time I agreed with you. In this game the Heat and LB in particular just took that Thunder team apart. This is the same team (OKC) that completely overwhelmed a nearly unbeatable looking Spurs with 4 straight wins. I personally do not wish LB anything well but he in particular was greater than anything else that's worth talking about. He was almost perfect. That was greatness. LB performed on a level that didn't just win but completely dismantled the opponent. OKC was completely out of the game with every player making terrible mistakes by the middle of the 3rd.

And this was due to Miami doing it right along with LB just flat out being better. You know what, if the pass is right on the numbers that 3pt should go in. Great passes matter. I've seen lots of LB passes being off kilter and the dude misses. Not as much tonight. I rooted against LB but he earned it tonight.

So Cheers to Harp and anybody else rooting for LBJ and the Heat. LBJ just earned his chops in a very undeniable way.

There sure are a lot of people passionate about making sure that as many people as possible respect, like, love, and praise LeBron.

He got lucky, and had some help from the refs.

Two things...

#1 Nice job whoever just in the last few hours voted for Miami. Way to go out on a limb.... I'm going to predict that in game 5 some cripple named Mike Miller is gonna go off for 7 threes. Probably beat his total for the entire playoffs in one game. Isn't it interesting that when he made bad plays he always limped around or grabbed his back yet was ALWAYS ready to throw up the rock? Hmmm...
#2 What is stopping Miami from doing this again and again and maybe even again? Unless they suffer injury, no one in the east is gonna touch them. The best the East had to offer was Boston and Chicago. Boston isn't getting any younger and Chicago has Boozer... Nuff said... No one wants to touch that guy's ridiculous contract.

In the west? Unless Dallas, LA, or SA make a big move, they aren't going to get out of the west with OKC hanging around. But we just saw what OKC can do to the Heat....

So yeah.... I know repeats are hard to do. But..... I guess the real question is, what are the other elite teams going to do to make themselves better? As most of the elite teams are either aging fast or already maxed out when it comes to salary cap stuff and unable to make a huge splash in the FA world.

Well if KOC would get off his but and shore up this team, we have a good chance at competing for one.

But ya, I wouldnt be surprised if Heat go off for a few chips. Same with OKC. Anyone see Durant crying after? I get the feeling he is going to be on a mission to win a few too. I wouldnt be surprised to see these two teams in the finals for the next few years.

There sure are a lot of people passionate about making sure that as many people as possible respect, like, love, and praise LeBron.

He got lucky, and had some help from the refs.

Cmon Northeasy, enough with the Lebron hate. He didnt get lucky. Refs didnt decide this.

Best player in NBA wins title. That is not luck, and its not a surprise.

Well if KOC would get off his but and shore up this team, we have a good chance at competing for one.

But ya, I wouldnt be surprised if Heat go off for a few chips. Same with OKC. Anyone see Durant crying after? I get the feeling he is going to be on a mission to win a few too. I wouldnt be surprised to see these two teams in the finals for the next few years.

To be honest....

I saw Lebron being more determined and focused throughout...

But it was mostly his teammates that stepped it up.

Against Dallas, it was Lebron and Dwade vs Dallas.

This Finals? Chalmers, Battier, and Mike Miller really stepped it up. Who could have seen Chalmers going off for 20+ and making key shots while Lebron cramped up? Not me. Battier had what... Like 10 3 pointers in the first 2 games? Ridiculous! He increased his 3 point percentage by like 20-30 percentage points in those first few games, didn't he? And the final game, Mike Miller with 7 3 pointers? HUH???????????????

had Miami received this type of contribution last year then they would be repeat champs right now. There's no way Dallas could have overcome a 7 3 pointer performance from Mike Miller. No way.

Kevin Durant needs better teammates. Even if he comes out next with with vengeance, more muscle, a post game, and averages 40+ points per game next year... What does it matter if they have no bigman with no offensive game? Is Perkins suddenly going to develop a post move? Is Ibaka finally going to become an offensive threat? What about sefolosha?

I think OKC needs to add an offensive minded big in order to beat Miami. Whether that's hooking up with KG (have no clue that's even possible but I know he's a FA) and hoping that he has enough gas left or drafting someone. I'm not sure...

But I think it's obvious that OKC has two keepers who stepped it up... Westbrook and Durant.

They lost because no one other than those 2 showed up this series. No one else was worth guarding. Harden, Fisher, Perkins, Ibaka, etc literally gave them NOTHING this series. NOTHING. And that ain't gonna change unless trades are made. Fish ain't getting younger and the rest of those players have either maxed out/aren't offensively minded.

On the bright side... Maybe OKC can get Harden at a bargain after that embarrassing final?

I do think that OKC needs to look at adjusting their system. Right now it's too based on individual talent beating other talent. They depend on Westbrook, Harden, and Durant beating their guy 1 on 1 and creating for others. I think sometimes, you run into a good team/individuals that can contain that talent (like Miami). I think it also wears yourself down since you have to create everything by yourself.

I hope that OKC adjusts its' system to help get those guys easier and better looks rather than rely on isos.