What's new

So who is going to win the NBA Championship Heat or OKC?

Who will win championship?

• OKC

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • HEAT

Votes: 16 45.7%

• Total voters
You never know for sure whether teams will improve or degrade year to year.
Whoever wins always look great when they do it, but then things change year to year.
OKC has players that still have room to improve , while LeBron and Wade are only going to get older.

So...Miami got bailed out by themselves? Their bench is part of the team, believe it or not.

The difference in this series is that the Miami shooters were hitting. Battier started it and was the most consistent. If you look at this season stats he went from 5 per game to 12 per game and with the games as close as they were his points were the difference. Also let's talk about Battier's defense on KD. Battier took a bunch of charging calls that got KD into foul trouble in almost every game which was huge. LeBron wouldn't of one a championship without Battier, Miller, and Chalmers. They were the difference in the playoffs not LeBron.

Plus the Harden no show is 7 more points that OKC needed but didn't get. That's like 14 a game, it would of been a totally different series even if LeBron played the same.

Two things...

#1 Nice job whoever just in the last few hours voted for Miami. Way to go out on a limb.... I'm going to predict that in game 5 some cripple named Mike Miller is gonna go off for 7 threes. Probably beat his total for the entire playoffs in one game. Isn't it interesting that when he made bad plays he always limped around or grabbed his back yet was ALWAYS ready to throw up the rock? Hmmm...
#2 What is stopping Miami from doing this again and again and maybe even again? Unless they suffer injury, no one in the east is gonna touch them. The best the East had to offer was Boston and Chicago. Boston isn't getting any younger and Chicago has Boozer... Nuff said... No one wants to touch that guy's ridiculous contract.

In the west? Unless Dallas, LA, or SA make a big move, they aren't going to get out of the west with OKC hanging around. But we just saw what OKC can do to the Heat....

So yeah.... I know repeats are hard to do. But..... I guess the real question is, what are the other elite teams going to do to make themselves better? As most of the elite teams are either aging fast or already maxed out when it comes to salary cap stuff and unable to make a huge splash in the FA world.

Dude, he was clearly hurt. It's easy to suck it up for those 2 seconds it takes to catch and shoot the ball. I highly doubt he was faking or exaggerating.

The difference in this series is that the Miami shooters were hitting. Battier started it and was the most consistent. If you look at this season stats he went from 5 per game to 12 per game and with the games as close as they were his points were the difference. Also let's talk about Battier's defense on KD. Battier took a bunch of charging calls that got KD into foul trouble in almost every game which was huge. LeBron wouldn't of one a championship without Battier, Miller, and Chalmers. They were the difference in the playoffs not LeBron.

Plus the Harden no show is 7 more points that OKC needed but didn't get. That's like 14 a game, it would of been a totally different series even if LeBron played the same.

The difference was one team made shot and the other team didn't? That is a basketball first.

Miller might have been faking / exaggerating injury to throw off the opposition. Oldest trick in the book. No way to tell for sure.

Miller might have been faking / exaggerating injury to throw off the opposition. Oldest trick in the book. No way to tell for sure.

He looked terrible against Boston too. I don't think he was faking anything though. He's been injured pretty much his entire two seasons with the Heat.

No way to know. I am not saying he was never injured in the last 2 years. I am saying maybe he felt confident in his shot this series, but gave a little extra grimace sometimes to deceive the competition.

Battier and Miller both somehow shot the ball very well all of a sudden.

This argues against the Jazz philosophy of playing your hardest every minute of every game.
You want to be able to step it up when it counts most.

I checked the stats. Miller's 3% went down in the playoffs.
He's been great at 3s all year -- strange that a guy fighting injuries shoots .453 for the year.

Battier did step up his 3 point shooting in the playoffs.

I checked the stats. Miller's 3% went down in the playoffs.
He's been great at 3s all year -- strange that a guy fighting injuries shoots .453 for the year.Battier did step up his 3 point shooting in the playoffs.

You realize that he only played in 39 of the Heat's 66 games this year, right? He's played in 54% of the Heat's regular season games the past two years. I'm pretty sure he's pretty banged up. While anything is possible, you're definitely reaching with the thought that maybe he was overplaying his injuries.

You realize that he only played in 39 of the Heat's 66 games this year, right? He's played in 54% of the Heat's regular season games the past two years. I'm pretty sure he's pretty banged up. While anything is possible, you're definitely reaching with the thought that maybe he was overplaying his injuries.

I just said it was strange. That is a fact. I never said or implied that he wasn't banged up.

He might have been using his injuries to his advantage to do what he could to help his team win. You don't know. Why wouldn't he?

Last edited:
I did not say he was, I just said it was possible, and you don't know otherwise, the only person who knows is Miller.
I never suggested he did not have injuries.

You're right - the only person who knows is Miller. Which kind of makes it pointless to bring up the point that he might be overselling his injuries in the first place.

This makes me think of the single play that irked me most in this series. When LeBron was out with cramps, and then came back on, the defense slacked off of him, and gave him an open 3 pointer which he hit. They should have been all over that 3 point shot, because if he tried anything else he might have collapsed again.

You're right - the only person who knows is Miller. Which kind of makes it pointless to bring up the point that he might be overselling his injuries in the first place.

Pointless? Maybe the Jazz will emulate the Heat and win a title someday because of it. Are you saying bringing a title to Utah would be pointless?

This makes me think of the single play that irked me most in this series. When LeBron was out with cramps, and then came back on, the defense slacked off of him, and gave him an open 3 pointer which he hit. They should have been all over that 3 point shot, because if he tried anything else he might have collapsed again.

Well, I'll finally agree with you on something. LeBron was obviously having trouble with his leg, so OKC should have forced him to drive. Just one of several late-game errors the Thunder made throughout the series.

LeBron wouldn't of one a championship without Battier, Miller, and Chalmers.

*have

*won

Seriously, though, trying to come up with a bunch of excuses just makes you look stupid. er. Lebron has answered all the haters by beating a very good OKC team. Nobody expects people to stop hating, but you don't get to keep yapping about how he disappears and will never win a title. He did win. Get over it.

Nobody here said the things about Lebron that you are talking about, so what are we supposed to get over and deal with? Who are you talking to?