What's new

So who would of you picked?

Beantown

I can see there is alot of people that are angry. I have faith the Jazz tried all they could for trading up or trading down. My opinion is they selected the best player available, it just wasnt a sexy pick. So who would of you guys selected?

I can see there is alot of people that are angry. I have faith the Jazz tried all they could for trading up or trading down. My opinion is they selected the best player available, it just wasnt a sexy pick. So who would of you guys selected?

Hayward was NOT the best player available.

If the Jazz wanted a wing player, George or Babbitt would have been better picks at #9. They are taller, more athletic, and have more upside.

If the Jazz wanted a wing player, George or Babbitt would have been better picks at #9. They are taller, more athletic, and have more upside.

Well sir, that is your OPINION. How exactly do you claim to be an expert on the subject? The Jazz worked out all of the supposed players that you claim to be "better pick at #9" than Hayward. They obviously don't agree with you. Of course, they only have years of experience and actual involvement in the process on their side. But you must be SO much better at scouting talent than they are, right?

I really like the pick after thinking about it. I would have picked Babbitt or Aldridge. I didn't like George or Davis. But I am really excited that they picked hayward. I have no clue who the second rounder is.

Well sir, that is your OPINION. How exactly do you claim to be an expert on the subject? The Jazz worked out all of the supposed players that you claim to be "better pick at #9" than Hayward. They obviously don't agree with you. Of course, they only have years of experience and actual involvement in the process on their side. But you must be SO much better at scouting talent than they are, right?

So Kris Humphries was a better player than Al Jefferson? I mean they worked them both out so they must be right...

Um, MTC, much of what is on message boards is opinion.

It is nice when people back it up, but I didn't see that cyclo was lacking in that department any more than anyone else.

Unfortunately, Utah hasn't always been spot on in these crucial draft picks, and it's easy to speculate that Utah is more wrong than they oughta be, and that this pick is suspect. That being said, with a bit of info, I'm less down on it than I was immediately after the pick was announced.

I'll be more comfortable when he shows that he can defend more than a John Deere tractor and hit more than a broad side of the barn at 29'5".

Wasn't a fan of any of the remaining players. It was Udoh, Monroe, then Aminu for me. Henry probably would have been my choice.

So Kris Humphries was a better player than Al Jefferson? I mean they worked them both out so they must be right...
Boom

Cole Aldrich, this draft was pretty weak I would be happy with a Joel Przybilla like player at #9. Little asked for on offense, just come in block shots, rebound your position.

Nobody is disputing Hayward being a good kid. We are disputing whether he was the BPA and he certainly wasn't. We still have a glaring weakness at the 5 spot and we again have a lot of undersized guys. This is not a good combination. At least if we lose Boozer and AK gets injured as usual we will have another lottery pick next year.

I would of me tooken Henry or Patterson. I'll give Elder Hayward a chance, though.