What's new

Sounds Like Favors is Coming Back

To
In a Tony Jones written article on Clutchfan, it sounds like DL and the Jazz are picking up Favs option. There were no new quotes but it sounded like Favs is in SLC for the next year.

Tony writes for the athletic.

His quote if Lindsay says nothing new.

Read tony on Twitter, you’ll get the real story.

If they can upgrade by not signing favors they will.

Oh ok. There’s an Atlantic piece dated 6/15 but I’ve seen it in my timeline for a week. Hadn’t realized it hadn’t come out yet.

If you’re talking about the Athletic piece, it’s just kind of PR talk. Like “Favors wasn’t the problem, he’s part of the solution” and “we’d love to have Favors back.” If they can bring in a Conley, Russell, Harris type of player, Favors is gone.

If we have a shooting PG Favors and Gobert can play together well. But I see it more likely we move him. If we could somehow keep Favors and sign D-Lo that would be great. I dont think the money is quite there though. I would still like to see a couple moves after that such as using the MLE and trying to make some other trades.

If you’re talking about the Athletic piece, it’s just kind of PR talk. Like “Favors wasn’t the problem, he’s part of the solution” and “we’d love to have Favors back.” If they can bring in a Conley, Russell, Harris type of player, Favors is gone.

I’m assuming that’s what the OP is referencing as I see nothing else. I’m not an Athletic subscriber.

Last edited:
The Jazz have won 50 games on average over the last 3 seasons. It works a little bit, at least.
It's barely above average. If that's the goal then great. If you really claim to be attempting at getting a championship it obviously isn't good enough.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

tony-jones.jpg

is this a man you would trust?

It's 9 games above average seeing as the average is obviously 41. Exceeding the average by 22% is hardly "barely."
Making the playoffs yet not getting home court puts you in the slightly above average category. It's time to fix the roster and not keep trying to pound the round peg in the square hole.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It makes sense. Favors could either be A) a useful piece for the Jazz, or B) A positive value trade chip, or C) represent cap space. A and B both require we resign him, and if you can find a team that values him more than cap space then B>C. I think a team like Sacramento would pay more for Favors than simply getting cap space. There are probably over 5 teams in the league that would rather have him than straight salary relief.

So, this move seems to just be a sensible one. Either we get and use Favors, or get more value out of him than we would if we cut him.

Eh maybe we get better matchups and some luck and we go much farther.
The raptors don't make is past the 2nd round this season if not for one of the luckiest bounces in the history of the NBA against the sixers in game 7.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Maybe but the Jazz have not been anywhere near optimizing a lucky bounce or two when in the second round. They've been absolutely destroyed in every series they've been eliminated in over the last ten years. It's startling at just how utterly noncompetitive the Jazz is in the second round. That gap is going to have to shorten significantly if they're to position themselves like Toronto has.

Maybe but the Jazz have not been anywhere near optimizing a lucky bounce or two when in the second round. They've been absolutely destroyed in every series they've been eliminated in over the last ten years. It's startling at just how utterly noncompetitive the Jazz is in the second round. That gap is going to have to shorten significantly if they're to position themselves like Toronto has.

We were not absolutely destroyed in our playoff elimination game this year. We lost the first 2 games. But then lost on a game that was anyone's game on a last second shot. We won the next game and barely lost the last one. All that despite being on a huge cold steak shooting as a team on wide open shots.

But I also know you want to be negative so have at it.