What's new

Source: T-Wolves Trying to unload Jefferson

I agree with Numberica. He is a black hole and is not a good defender. But you also have to look at who he is playing with. Nobody who can set him up to score. He has relied on him creating his shot. So his percentages aren't as high as Boozers for that reason.
Put Jefferson with Deron and Jefferson's percentages go up. And the Pick and Roll game is not hard to learn. He can learn that in training camp.
Jefferson is more athletic than Boozer and he is longer.
But when we say Jefferson is a black hole I see where people are coming from. But does Boozer pass that much more?

AK & 9th pick for Jefferson and the 4th is ridiculous. Anyone who thinks that the Wolves would do this is insane.

We would have to throw in the Memphis pick and 1-2 young players on our team. And its not because Jefferson is so great. Its because the 4th pick actually has value. 9th pick and AK do not.
Wolves can get a better offer than what we have to offer. Not even worth the discussion.

Seriously? Boozer's one of the best passing bigs in the NBA.

And there are a lot of nuances to the pick and roll game (knowing when to slip and when not to, seeing the seams in the D, having good and quick hands that can catch a pass and know how to finish given the scenario, knowing when to go for the jumper and being able to can it consistently to keep the defense guessing). Boozer is everything Jefferson brings and a lot more. He's a better post-player (when asked), better passer, better shooter, ambidextrous, and better rebounder. And he's been a winner for most of his career, whether you want to credit Duke, Sloan, KOC, or whatever. Jefferson has not been.

The only players I'd be interested in on the Wolves (that might be half-available) are Gomes and Sessions.

So does Minnesota. Only difference is the win total.

Uh no....... Flynn is a joke and has no idea on how to run a team. He is out of control. They don't have any consistent outside scorers. They don't have a real center. And nobody can create there own shot except for Jefferson.
Kevin Love is a real good player but they do not play him.

And they don't have any good role players.
Shane Battier, Bobby Jackson, Mike Miller, James Posey Eddie Jones was actually decent back than.

Can you even compare that to
Flynn, Brewer, Gomes, Milicic, Love (who doesn't play enough), Sessions (who should be starting),

The GM is either forcing the coach to play certain players or he is a moron. Because Sessions and Love are the best 2 players on that team.

I am not totally defending Jefferson. He is not where near Gasol. But there team sucks and it is not because of Jefferson.

I half-take back some of what I said. I was for the Jazz trading AK and #9 for Brand and #2. This is better than that. I still don't like Jefferson, though. All of my ranting about winning (or not) would apply to Brand anyway, regardless of the fact that he's a shell of his former self (and even though he always used to play the game the right way).

Uh no....... Flynn is a joke and has no idea on how to run a team. He is out of control. They don't have any consistent outside scorers. They don't have a real center. And nobody can create there own shot except for Jefferson.
Kevin Love is a real good player but they do not play him.

And they don't have any good role players.
Shane Battier, Bobby Jackson, Mike Miller, James Posey Eddie Jones was actually decent back than.

Can you even compare that to
Flynn, Brewer, Gomes, Milicic, Love (who doesn't play enough), Sessions (who should be starting),

The GM is either forcing the coach to play certain players or he is a moron. Because Sessions and Love are the best 2 players on that team.

I am not totally defending Jefferson. He is not where near Gasol. But there team sucks and it is not because of Jefferson.

And if you switch only Jefferson and Gasol on each roster, Minnesota wins a LOT more games and Memphis wins a LOT fewer.

Gasol plays team ball, he was on a **** team, though. But he has proven he is a winner time and again.

But he is not a super-star. Those are INCRRRRREDIBLY few.

ha ha you again have a short term memory.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MEM/2007.html

Sorry the team would look more like this. 22 wins maybe late 20's

Gasol is not a superstar. He is an all-star.

5-18 with him out.

17-42 with him in.

Quite the percentage difference. Definitely a bad year.

But look at the 49 win team the year before. Players with over 10 minutes a game + 50 games played.

Gasol.
Battier.
34 year old Eddie Jones. (Had a really bad year.)
Mike Miller.
Bobby Jackson.
Lorenzen Wright
Jake Tsakalidis
Dahntay Jones
Hakim Warrick
Antonio Burks

You really think that roster minus Gasol would sniff 50 wins? 40 wins? 20 wins? Love was better last year than any of those guys with the exception of maybe Miller. Gomes is an acceptable player. Brewer was better last year than Jones in 05-06. Sessions and Atkins were quite equal.

5-18 with him out.

17-42 with him in.

Quite the percentage difference. Definitely a bad year.

But look at the 49 win team the year before. Players with over 10 minutes a game + 50 games played.

Gasol.
Battier.
34 year old Eddie Jones. (Had a really bad year.)
Mike Miller.
Bobby Jackson.
Lorenzen Wright
Jake Tsakalidis
Dahntay Jones
Hakim Warrick
Antonio Burks

You really think that roster minus Gasol would sniff 50 wins? 40 wins? 20 wins? Love was better last year than any of those guys with the exception of maybe Miller. Gomes is an acceptable player. Brewer was better last year than Jones in 05-06. Sessions and Atkins were quite equal.

Your quote here isn't what i am arguing. I never said that the team would be anywhere close without Gasol. Your obviously missing what i am saying.
I am saying Gasol's teammates were a lot better than what Jefferson has. Its a joke to even consider Gasol making the Timberwolves the 4th to 6th seed in the playoffs like he did with Memphis. The Timberwolves suck really bad. They don't even have potential. Kevin Love is the only guy on that team that will get better. But there team as of right now is horrible and Gasol wouldn't fix there problems like you are suggesting.

Gasol plays team ball, he was on a **** team, though. But he has proven he is a winner time and again.

But he is not a super-star. Those are INCRRRRREDIBLY few.

Ya they are very few. But placing Gasol on the Timberwolves and going from high lottery to a playoff team would make him a superstar. Only Superstars can make something like that happen.

Your quote here isn't what i am arguing. I never said that the team would be anywhere close without Gasol. Your obviously missing what i am saying.
I am saying Gasol's teammates were a lot better than what Jefferson has. Its a joke to even consider Gasol making the Timberwolves the 4th to 6th seed in the playoffs like he did with Memphis. The Timberwolves suck really bad. They don't even have potential. Kevin Love is the only guy on that team that will get better. But there team as of right now is horrible and Gasol wouldn't fix there problems like you are suggesting.

And I'm not saying the records would be reversed either. There is a 30 win difference between the 05-06 Grizzlies and 09-10 Timberwolves with very similar team constructs. Switch Jefferson and Gasol and the Timberwolves' win total increases substantially, and the Grizzlies' win total decreases substantially.

Jefferson does not help his team win like a person of his stat production should.

And I'm not saying the records would be reversed either. There is a 30 win difference between the 05-06 Grizzlies and 09-10 Timberwolves with very similar team constructs. Switch Jefferson and Gasol and the Timberwolves' win total increases substantially, and the Grizzlies' win total decreases substantially.

Jefferson does not help his team win like a person of his stat production should.

Well i disagree that they are similar. Mike Miller and Shane Battier are light years ahead of any of the SG's and SF's that the timberwolves have. And i'm sorry stats don't show the whole story. Miller and Battier and very smart and good team players. They both could shoot from the outside and play defense and team ball. Nobody does that on the Timberwolves. That is where the comparison doesn't hold up.

I agree that Jefferson isn't the player Gasol. And Jefferson doesn't play team ball. But I think you are giving Gasol too much credit.