What's new

Source: Utah is Negotiating with Brewer

God I hate this franchise sometimes. WTF do we want Brewer. I get Mathews cost too much but why do we want Brewer back. We don't need a bunch of wings that can't shoot, don't play man to man defense and hurt our offense like Brewer does.

I will have lost all respect for this FO if they decide that trading Brewer was a mistake just because Mathews is getting seriously overpaid.

Brewer is not the answer. He's not a starting quality wing player. And he's a huge liability on BOTH ends of the floor. They should have went after Childress (too late now). They could still go after quite a few other players with their TPE's.

Signing Brewer is basically giving up on getting a real starting quality wing.

Arrgh I hope Chicago signs him.

No, it's not giving up. If we lose Matthews, then I'm guessing we start CJ at SG and AK at SF. Brewer and Hayward will get mins. as reserves. Hopefully Gordon earns 15-20, allowing AK to slide over to PF when Millsap rests. If CJ gets 30-35, that means Brewer gets no more than 18 mins. Maybe Price/Gaines even gets some burn in a 2 PG set.

Brewer is a decent stop-gap, and it will make Deron happy. And we need to keep Deron on our side. No panic. KOC can pay Brewer $3M and still have $4M left for a PF, if needed. Then we still have the TPE's and AK's expiring at the deadline or, in the case of Boozer's, until July 2011.

I for one hope we resign Brewer. I think his jump shot obviously needs improvement. Hopefully he's been working on it this off season. Besides he's a good defender, just not as good as Wes. Extremely athletic and we all witnessed how much Deron liked him.

Ya can write Brewer off. Boozer, da Looza, is workin 24/7 talkin Chicago into payin Ronnie 3 times what he's worth from alla that "under the cap" money they gotz. For a 33% kick-back from Brewa, of course.

"Boozer, considered one of the best post players in the game, also recommended Ronnie Brewer, who according to the two-time All-Star has excellent ball-handling skills and can assert his presence under the boards."

Read more: https://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7019239448#ixzz0tWJkjgIB

Last edited:
I for one hope we resign Brewer. I think his jump shot obviously needs improvement. Hopefully he's been working on it this off season. Besides he's a good defender, just not as good as Wes. Extremely athletic and we all witnessed how much Deron liked him.

Matthews may be a tighter man-2-man defender, but as anyone who plays basketball knows, length is really the most important thing on D. Players cant just rise and pop J's over Brew as easily they can Wes.

Working on his jump shot this off season? Was that a joke... yes? Brewer has 'worked on' his jump shot every off season since he came into the league. Sorry, but as far as Brewer's shooting, it is what it is, and what it is is a major liability on both ends of the court.

Working on his jump shot this off season? Was that a joke... yes? Brewer has 'worked on' his jump shot every off season since he came into the league. Sorry, but as far as Brewer's shooting, it is what it is, and what it is is a major liability on both ends of the court.

It can always get better, maybe never where we want it, but there is always room for at least marginal improvement.

Why all the Brewer hate? The difference between him and Wes is that Wes has a jumpshot. Brewer is bigger, longer, and more athletic.

The irony of this situation is Wes may have been a better alternative to Brewer when Brewer had the 3.2 million dollar QO and was (uninjured) heading into his RFA year. The thought was Wes could probably give us similar production with a different skillset for far less money. Now Wes is the guy who has the outrageous contract, but Brewer is suddenly not even worth half what he is, or is even half the player. More than that, it's like Brewer should have to pay his own money to play in the NBA.

Brewer is a good defender. Maybe Matthews is a bit better, but Brew is solid.

No he's not. Brewer was a terrible defender who only went for steals. He gambled far to often and did not guard his own man. He's acted afraid to put a body on anybody and could not keep guys from going right at him or around him. Don't let the steals stat fool you. Because it's all he had defensively.

The irony of this situation is Wes may have been a better alternative to Brewer when Brewer had the 3.2 million dollar QO and was (uninjured) heading into his RFA year. The thought was Wes could probably give us similar production with a different skillset for far less money. Now Wes is the guy who has the outrageous contract, but Brewer is suddenly not even worth half what he is, or is even half the player. More than that, it's like Brewer should have to pay his own money to play in the NBA.
Isn't it ironic, dontcha think?

Matt Barnes opted out to try and get a big contract or go to another contender

Matt Barnes has opted out 3 different times now trying to get a big contract. History proves he won't get the deal he wants.

We are in a good position to get him if we let Matthews go.