What's new

Spida Questioning Jazz front office moves?

I think the Durant decision is the big block to fall prior to any other trades. MIA wants KD or DM.

I think It is time to trade DM45 to the knicks for Toppin, Reddish, and Fournier (Salary Reasons) and their first-round picks in 2023 (Pick swap), 2025, 2027, AND 2029.

That will give the Jazz at least 3 first-round picks in those 4 years. That way, if a player they are in love with the organization can potentially trade up and get them.

Toppin is a great pick up IMO
I am a huge fan of reddish.

Knicks

Brunson
DM,
Barrett
Randle
Mitchell

To Mitchell's point he wants to win a championship and thus far this team has taken a major step backwards as far as the next season or two. This current roster might squeeze into the playoffs but is more than likely another first round exit.

This season and the next to retool then Don is on his last year of his contract. Unless we do something drastic Dons final 3 years will be rebuilding. Rumor has it he was going to ask to be traded if we have another first round exit and we did. One could speculate he doesn't care to have another, and another...if that.

To Mitchell's point he wants to win a championship and thus far this team has taken a major step backwards as far as the next season or two. This current roster might squeeze into the playoffs but is more than likely another first round exit.

This season and the next to retool then Don is on his last year of his contract. Unless we do something drastic Dons final 3 years will be rebuilding. Rumor has it he was going to ask to be traded if we have another first round exit and we did. One could speculate he doesn't care to have another, and another...if that.
Really he needs to be traded so he can chase the ring. We will not be competitive at that level for at least 3 seasons, more likely 5, and that is even with good draft picks and maybe some great development of young guys. DM is clearly a strong #2, but cannot carry a team to victory, so he needs to find the Batman to his Robin. We might get that in the draft with all of our draft assets, but odds are anyone like that won't contribute at that level for 2-3 seasons anyway, so the timeline for Mitchell in Utah is bad. Will be 4-5 seasons before we are strongly competitive again. So for Mitchell's own good, and our more rapid turn-around, the best thing we can do is to trade him for the most assets we can get.

If we stick with Don, the front office's goal should be to build a playoff contender this year. A team that just gets there. Next summer, we gotta add a max free agent type guy through either a trade or a signing. We add another "star" type guy.

That, my friends, is the best chance we have to be a contender. It's not through the draft with picks that might not even be out of the 20's. It's building around known quality with a bunch of defenders and hope that you strike gold with a young player or signing or a player acquired via trade.

Las time I cheched DM was a Jazzman and all NBA stars were usually talking on their wish to find ways to win it all.
I guess that makes DM a normal/common NBA star with a regular/commom behaviour.
I see no problem with any of this.
Don is a Jazzman star (a darn huge one) I'm a Jazz fan, everything's just fine.

The thought of a 5-7 year rebuild (people hyping NYK 2029 picks at this point) is grinding me down.

I guess with this new information, the door saying DM is in charge has been closed. I think these are legitimate questions. I think Rudy was right when he said he got traded because the Jazz feel the window to win a championship was closed in Utah so they did what is best for the franchise. Rudy seems fine with it He has better chance in Minnesota than Utah. I wouldn't blame DM for wanting out if there is a full tank going on. If the franchise can do what is best for them why cannot the player. Personally, if the Jazz front office really believes the window is closed then they should trade DM and get as much value back to start the rebuild.

I guess with this new information, the door saying DM is in charge has been closed. I think these are legitimate questions. I think Rudy was right when he said he got traded because the Jazz feel the window to win a championship was closed in Utah so they did what is best for the franchise. Rudy seems fine with it He has better chance in Minnesota than Utah. I wouldn't blame DM for wanting out if there is a full tank going on. If the franchise can do what is best for them why cannot the player. Personally, if the Jazz front office really believes the window is closed then they should trade DM and get as much value back to start the rebuild.
Just because that window closed doesn’t mean you can’t try to open up a new one. Make a few moves to be semi-competitive this year, while still creating enough cap space to chase a FA next year AND gather assets to go after a disgruntled star. Basically what the Clippers did a few years ago. Give yourself a big 3 and hope the change in leadership puts you into contending status.

Until we see the finished product of next years roster, our current franchise player has every right to ask those questions. Good on him!

Don’t fall for the media trying to dramatise every move Donovan makes. Their dream is for him to get traded. Gives them something to talk about.

Just because that window closed doesn’t mean you can’t try to open up a new one. Make a few moves to be semi-competitive this year, while still creating enough cap space to chase a FA next year AND gather assets to go after a disgruntled star. Basically what the Clippers did a few years ago. Give yourself a big 3 and hope the change in leadership puts you into contending status.
Would much rather play the lottery odds next year than play the odds any meaningful free agent is going to choose Utah.

Davion, Barnes and two unprotected 1sts from the Kings. Is that too much? Too little? Would Barnes help us win too much?

Davion, Barnes and two unprotected 1sts from the Kings. Is that too much? Too little? Would Barnes help us win too much?
I think its a little too little. But close

I am fine with Donny asking questions and I have some of the same questions he does. And I am actually glad he wasn't in the middle of the decisions and conversations. We didn't get much short term talent in exchange for Rudy so if I were Donny I would be wondering if it makes sense to be here. Time will tell what we turn those draft picks into, hopefully some of it in the next few weeks.

I would consider this trade
Two unprotected firsts from Kings
Two lottery picks
Davion and Barnes sound good