What's new

Ssd's

Finally took the plunch into SSD's

wanted to take it earlier but my financial situation would not allow it.

SSD'S are awesome
got me a 25gb samsung 840 ssd.

EPIC.

what say you how many of you already are runnign on ssd's.

if not run to you nearest bestbuy and get 1

Finally took the plunch into SSD's

wanted to take it earlier but my financial situation would not allow it.

SSD'S are awesome
got me a 25gb samsung 840 ssd.

EPIC.

what say you how many of you already are runnign on ssd's.

if not run to you nearest bestbuy and get 1

I've been running an SSD for about 4-5 years. I have 4 of them.

They are amazing.

I've been running an SSD for about 4-5 years. I have 4 of them.

They are amazing.

any recent ones.
cus the 4 year old ones where fast as **** compared to hdd's.
but the new generation is even faster with higher sequential read.
and way more iops

I read that with STD replacing SSD and it was much more entertaining.

Although I don't think you can get an STD at Best Buy. But I could be wrong.

I read that with STD replacing SSD and it was much more entertaining.

Although I don't think you can get an STD at Best Buy. But I could be wrong.

1202813248_1.jpg

25 GB? So you're only using it as a boot drive? I have several larger SSDs as I'm a bit of a gamer.

the speed difference did ont seem much.
until i plugged my old hdd back in. to get some files. and started it up. it seemed way slower then i remembered

Yes, I suspect that would be the case for me, too. I've had that happen with previous upgrades.

I will say one thing that was super nice, is that shortly after I got the drive I had a serious issue with Windows conflicting with my wife's phone software (Microsoft, go figure).(*) I had to reinstall Windows literally about 10 times in a row while on the phone with Microsoft tech support. The reinstalls went SO MUCH faster than any of my previous Windows installs it was amazing.

(*) turned out to be a conflict between Windows and a video card driver update that had happened the day before, if you care (which you shouldn't)

Yes, I suspect that would be the case for me, too. I've had that happen with previous upgrades.

I will say one thing that was super nice, is that shortly after I got the drive I had a serious issue with Windows conflicting with my wife's phone software (Microsoft, go figure).(*) I had to reinstall Windows literally about 10 times in a row while on the phone with Microsoft tech support. The reinstalls went SO MUCH faster than any of my previous Windows installs it was amazing.

(*) turned out to be a conflict between Windows and a video card driver update that had happened the day before, if you care (which you shouldn't)

lol i had to reinstall it 3 times. because it kept freezing after i download a file in firefox and chrome or tried to upload a file to my nas.
also a driver issue

25 GB? So you're only using it as a boot drive? I have several larger SSDs as I'm a bit of a gamer.

i'm also a gamer but dont need much space. i ussually uninstal games.
and reinstall them when i want to play them again. recently reinstalled cod4:mw.
removed one of my splintercell.
thats how i do it i sometimes. I dont play a particular game for months. untill i miss i then play i again.
ofcourse i'm keeping my save games and config files