What's new

Stars Lose 2nd in a row

homeytennis

by 4 to Santa Cruz. Brantley with 23, Bluiett with 20 and JWF and Haas in double figures. Haas had a double double. Oni out for awhile with a hamstring. NWG played with the flu. Really poor coaching by the Stars staff. They let two huge leads evaporate. Santa Cruz couldn't handle Haas and he didn't play the 4th quarter.

I watched this game and other Stars games. Don't see what the FO sees in NWG at all. He isn't even good at the G-League level. We need to find a taker on him if at all possible.

I watched this game and other Stars games. Don't see what the FO sees in NWG at all. He isn't even good at the G-League level. We need to find a taker on him if at all possible.
I don’t think his next 2 seasons are guaranteed. They could just waive him if they want.

I don’t think his next 2 seasons are guaranteed. They could just waive him if they want.
The announcer said he played with the flu tonight and he appeared to get worse the more he played. JWF and Brantley didn't exactly shower themselves with glory late in the game either.

Pure garbage signing. I’d have signed Jose Calderon or some other extremely experienced player on a minimum deal without blinking over NWG (saying nothing of players with any potential that the Jazz waived like Howard). If such a player never plays a meaningful minute in an NBA game in a Jazz uniform, their salary in a trade and their presence on the sidelines, in the locker room, and in practice would be worth more than Lindsey’s pet-signing.

I saw some of the game. Guys on the Stars weren't playing hard or cohesively, just going through the motions for the most part.

Pure garbage signing. I’d have signed Jose Calderon or some other extremely experienced player on a minimum deal without blinking over NWG (saying nothing of players with any potential that the Jazz waived like Howard). If such a player never plays a meaningful minute in an NBA game in a Jazz uniform, their salary in a trade and their presence on the sidelines, in the locker room, and in practice would be worth more than Lindsey’s pet-signing.
I know this is kind of a silly complaint in the scheme of things but having your out-of-rotation players bring any value is nice, as is having more salary to send out as ballast in a theoretical trade.

I don't get it either. The Jazz have released far better players.

True. But it would be nice to get something out of him. Even just a second round pick
If they add him to a trade with Ed Davis, they can take ~ $10 million back incoming salary.

Hopefully that’s what happens (especially if they keep Conley and Mudiay).

Also, it wasn’t much of a game. Stars got big leads, have them up. They weren’t trying too hard tonight at all.

Basically NWG was brought on board so they could dump Neto after the signing of Davis and Green and the trade for Conley and the signing of Bogey. I guess he is giving us what Marcus Paige and Ty Wallace gave us.

He was pretty great in Europe which is miles better than G-League.

I think Europe COULD be better in some ways than g league and is PROBABLY NOT more athletic. So NWG might shine in less athletic, but more structured environment.

I was exactly that type of player. I think Europe has a lot of those players.

Last night Santa Cruz put some players out there with a lot of NBA experience like Andrew Harrison, Jeremy Pargo, Jared Cunningham, Deyonta Davis, the Ws first round draft pick Jordan Poole and it's like they just waited around for the Stars to implode which they did.

They arent nearly as good if Morgan isnt playing. That combined with Howard leaving has hurt their depth.