What's new

Stars Off the Schneid

I would think that it would be in our best interest to get him on an official NBA contract before somebody else does.
I suspect DL and Quin don't view him as a prospect. I think Willie Reed, Collinsworth, Bluiett, Mike Scott, Rodney Pryor are all in that category as far as coach and the front officer are concerned.

PS Maybe we need to sign Reed then, either one is an improvement over what Davis has been giving us.
I think the Stars have NBA talent including Haas, Reed, Bluiett, Collinsworth, Pryor but the trouble is that someone would have to be waived to bring one of them up and that ain't happening. It would cut into the profits. Reed has played in over 150 NBA games and Collinsworth about 40. The team tipped their hand when they signed Rayjohn Tucker and let him do pine.

I think the Stars have NBA talent including Haas, Reed, Bluiett, Collinsworth, Pryor but the trouble is that someone would have to be waived to bring one of them up and that ain't happening. It would cut into the profits. Reed has played in over 150 NBA games and Collinsworth about 40. The team tipped their hand when they signed Rayjohn Tucker and let him do pine.
Jeesh, Tom Steyer just invested half a billion of his own money on a failed Presidential bid because he believed and the frickin Jazz are afraid to swallow a couple million in a modest gamble for playoff wins and towards the ultimate prize.:(

Making a profit this way has always been the Jazz way of doing things. Doesn't make it the right way. Houston is bringing buys in like the junk yard dog and Jeff Green. I was surprised when they waived Green.

Stars with a 43 point 4th quarter to eke out the win. JWF with 30, Tucker 23, Morgan 19, Bluiett with 17 and Haas with 12 points 12 boards and the leading rebounder. Stockton with 22 points and 11 assists and South Bay is coached by George Karl's son. they played in the Jazz arena. 4th win in a row for the Stars. Willie Reed and his stat line was pretty meh but he got the Stars going with a hard foul.

This is a pretty cool stat but the Stars set a franchise attendance record last night with over 9,000 fans in attendance. When the team played in Idaho, neither arena was that large.

Stars beat Santa Cruz with another 4th quarter rally. Mike Scott lead the team in scoring and assists for the Stars. and had 20 points. Also in double figures scoring JWF and Tucker with 17 apiece but Tucker took a lot more shots getting there, Kyle Castlin with 13 and Isaac Haas with 11 to go with 13 rebounds which topped the Stars and tied Deyonta Davis for most in the game. 5th win in a row for the Stars. Willie Reed was solid off the bench. Juwan Morgan had 1 point in 30 minutes.

Stars beat Iowa by 4 and qualify for the playoffs. It was their 6th win in a row. Rayjohn Tucker had 22 points and JWF 20. Isaac Haas had a double double and lead the team in rebounding. Willie Reed had 14 points 9 boards off the bench on 6-8 shooting and Maliek Benlevi was the hero with a clutch 3 pointer with the game tied late and was also in double figures. Iowa had a dude with a triple double. Juwan Morgan gave his best Ed Davis impression again.

Check out some of these drives. Tucker's been picking up a bit from Donovan.

Those were some high flying plays. Iowa had a couple of players drafted in the last couple of years. Jared Vanderbilt from Kentucky was the guy with the triple double was a relatively high 2nd round pick and Omari Spellman was a 1st round pick of the Warriors and was involved in the Andrew Wiggins trade and played for Iowa tonight so he did this arguably against a better class of GLeaguers than normal.

Stars game vs. N. Arizona has been delayed. Oni and Brantley are scheduled to play and given their being with the team on the road last week with Rudy makes for a real dilemma.

Stars game postponed. Public health officials testing Brantley and Oni. Both teams could end up quarantined if the tests come back positive.