What's new

Start Dante for Rubio

Just one caveat about Dante's numbers in the combine, that was ages ago. He was a kid straight out of Aus high school. He obviously has gotten a lot more athletic with 5 years of professional training and conditioning. He has nice first step burst of speed, but I don't think he's much of a jumper, and he's not good at changing his speed on the fly.

Of course there are. Sprint speed, jumping ability, lateral quickness, etc. It can all be measured. It's not supernatural.
Those are measurements of speed and power. Those measurables combined with whatever else you want to test for help PREDICT someones athleticism. There is no finite value attached.

MVP seriously probably Neto and Rubio over the first step and short bursts I would say they might just be more explosive than Dante. It's close though. What u reckon?

If you truly believe Exum is an average athlete, then explain how he does such a good job getting into the paint.

Because every defender knows he cant shoot and he won't shoot off the dribble, yet he still gets there. If he is just an average athlete with a weak body, there must be some other quality allowing him to be such a great paint attacker.

I've watched Grayson play in the NBA and G-League. The guy does nothing but shoot 3's. He drives sometimes, but he struggles to get by anyone and he cant stay in front of anyone on defense. Yeah, he jumps high in space, but he rarely gets that chance.

Just one caveat about Dante's numbers in the combine, that was ages ago. He was a kid straight out of Aus high school. He obviously has gotten a lot more athletic with 5 years of professional training and conditioning. He has nice first step burst of speed, but I don't think he's much of a jumper, and he's not good at changing his speed on the fly.
Also some people run faster in different situations.
I know that some football players are really fast at the combine but not so fast on the field.

I know I'm much faster running from the police than I am on a track being timed.

Maybe that's Dante. He needs to be on the court to get to the top end speed of his top gear.

And as I have said before.... Maybe Dante just had an off day at the combine. It can happen. Dude obviously has elite speed if you watch him enough on the court.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

No doubt Dante is quick, I just wished his dribble was tighter.
There's plenty of hope for that from his last few games, he's been far more in control of his dribble and I can't think of a single turnover in his last few games where he just lost it off the dribble like he seemingly did once a game during that November stretch as well as in the playoffs.

There's plenty of hope for that from his last few games, he's been far more in control of his dribble and I can't think of a single turnover in his last few games where he just lost it off the dribble like he seemingly did once a game during that November stretch as well as in the playoffs.
This is true. But it’s also true that he’s yearrrrs behind as far as tightening that handle is concerned.

Dante has elite acceleration and first step. If he had anywhere close to the ball control Mitchell has, he would be unstoppable. Hell, he's close to unstoppable when it comes to him breaking the paint even now. The question is what he does once he gets there. Mitchell is quicker with the ball in his hands when he has to put on a move, or use of nuanced ballhandling, but Dante is obviously faster in straight line IMO.

I still consider Dante one of the better athletes on this team.

This is true. But it’s also true that he’s yearrrrs behind as far as tightening that handle is concerned.
Agreed, I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried about his future as a NBA point guard during November primarily because he couldn't dribble into traffic without coughing it up half the time.

I could go on and dug up numbers again or post videos, or pictures or whatever other evidence and what that will change? This guy thinks Dante jumps higher than Mitchell of one foot - same like some idiots believe that Earth is flat....Not worth my time and effort.

All I’m talking about is you think he’s not that fast which is dumb