What's new

Start Dante for Rubio

The only reason I would consider this (and I love Dante), is if there really is something 'great' about Gobert and Exum playing more minutes together. Exum and Favors is a good combo... wonder if Gobert would deep down like to roll the dice on playing more minutes with X.

The Mitchell /Rubio tandem is getting serious eyes upon their play and their not getting a free pass anymore. Exum is forcing a reevaluation of whether Rubio/Mitchell tandem is good enough to win more than 50% of the games this season. Maybe Exum would do the same with his minutes if he played Rubio type minutes.But clearly theirs a different ceiling in their play. Snyder obviously favors Rubio as the starting PG but can this override a .500 playing squad that looks as if that's the ceiling with Rubio running the offense.

The Mitchell /Rubio tandem is getting serious eyes upon their play and their not getting a free pass anymore. Exum is forcing a reevaluation of whether Rubio/Mitchell tandem is good enough to win more than 50% of the games this season. Maybe Exum would do the same with his minutes if he played Rubio type minutes.But clearly theirs a different ceiling in their play. Snyder obviously favors Rubio as the starting PG but can this override a .500 playing squad that looks as if that's the ceiling with Rubio running the offense.
No matter who started and starts at PG from now on, the Jazz weren't going to be above .500 up to this point, and are going to be way over .500 the rest of the way. It's called strength of schedule.

[edited] watch the games Jazz were smoked many games ,this is not contender quality play and strength of schedule is a poor excuse. Shame when a tough schedule is used forgetting your *** was kicked bigtime. Jazz didn't have an "A" game when they loss fair and square.Rubio has demonstrated a ceiling and Exum is showing he just might have a ceiling we haven't witnessed since DWill.

Last edited by a moderator:
This team's ceiling is the 2nd round of the playoffs until proven otherwise. That's not .500. At this point we are in a better position than we were last season. Our schedule has been brutal, it's a fact.

Bullsh*t watch the games Jazz were smoked many games ,this is not contender quality play and strength of schedule is a poor excuse. Shame when a tough schedule is used forgetting your *** was kicked bigtime. Jazz didn't have an "A" game when they loss fair and square.Rubio has demonstrated a ceiling and Exum is showing he just might have a ceiling we haven't witnessed since DWill.
Imagine still thinking the schedule hasn't been a crucial factor in the Jazz' record so far when iirc they play 25 of their 41 away games before the half way point of the season and the combined records of the teams they played against so far is still by far the highest in the league lol.

I love this forum, but man, it's Dante Exum all day every day. Based on the amount of comments he gets (more than any other player including Donovan or Rudy), he must be the 2nd coming of Michael Jordan and Quin Snyder doesn't see it.

So, after getting this out of my system, the fact that Exum is playing well is so good for this team. At the very least this should push Rubio much more, since at times he's looked a little too confident he's the guaranteed starter.

Also, I want to remind you Rubio has had a pretty good month of december and he tends to turn a corner every 2nd half of the season, so you know Quin is going to respect that. That means we all should take a deep breath and enjoy the fact that both PGs are probably going to be instrumental in the Jazz going in a huge run to end the season with a high seed. Enjoy the ride.

Dante is the Gold/Blue dress.

I love this forum, but man, it's Dante Exum all day every day. Based on the amount of comments he gets (more than any other player including Donovan or Rudy), he must be the 2nd coming of Michael Jordan and Quin Snyder doesn't see it.

So, after getting this out of my system, the fact that Exum is playing well is so good for this team. At the very least this should push Rubio much more, since at times he's looked a little too confident he's the guaranteed starter.

Also, I want to remind you Rubio has had a pretty good month of december and he tends to turn a corner every 2nd half of the season, so you know Quin is going to respect that. That means we all should take a deep breath and enjoy the fact that both PGs are probably going to be instrumental in the Jazz going in a huge run to end the season with a high seed. Enjoy the ride.

Finally a voice of reason and not this “my boy is better than yours, I was right hahaha you suck!” nonsense.
The best scenario we could ask for is Dante knocking on Rubio’s door for the starting position. I saw Rubio cheering on a couple of good plays of Exum’s last night, he probably wants him to succeed more than all these fanbois..

Finally a voice of reason and not this “my boy is better than yours, I was right hahaha you suck!” nonsense.
The best scenario we could ask for is Dante knocking on Rubio’s door for the starting position. I saw Rubio cheering on a couple of good plays of Exum’s last night, he probably wants him to succeed more than all these fanbois..
Yep, you and @RRJazz are correct. This whole debate is getting old.

When we get to the summer, there wont be a massive market for veteran non-shooting PGs. Due to one guy's fit and another guy's potential, we all need to get used to the idea of Rubio and Exum for a bit.

If we all want to contend for a title, we should be rooting for both guys because we will need them.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

[edited] watch the games Jazz were smoked many games ,this is not contender quality play and strength of schedule is a poor excuse. Shame when a tough schedule is used forgetting your *** was kicked bigtime. Jazz didn't have an "A" game when they loss fair and square.Rubio has demonstrated a ceiling and Exum is showing he just might have a ceiling we haven't witnessed since DWill.
This is comedy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bullsh*t watch the games Jazz were smoked many games ,this is not contender quality play and strength of schedule is a poor excuse. Shame when a tough schedule is used forgetting your *** was kicked bigtime. Jazz didn't have an "A" game when they loss fair and square.Rubio has demonstrated a ceiling and Exum is showing he just might have a ceiling we haven't witnessed since DWill.

Lol, is this guy fo real?

I'm down.
I think X still mostly sucks but so does Rubio.
One day you'll learn how to watch a game of basketball and see the subtleties. Well, maybe you will. Here's a hint: don't just watch the ball; let your eyes go kinda loose and watch more action.

Rubio is terribly inconsistent at shooting. He's great at a most of the rest of the game. He may not be the right player to re-sign, but saying that he sucks is just stupid. Like, straight-up dog-**** stupid.

Dante has always had a low turnover rate. BIG reason to play him more since Ricky and Don have been TO machines.

I'm down to start Exum. Not because he played well in one game against a bad team but because... what do we have to lose? We have a losing record this season. Is it going to get much worse if we start Exum over Rubio? I doubt it. We need to change something. Trading for Korver provided a little spark. Maybe changing up our lineups and rotation would do the same.

Dante is so damn fast! He gets to the basket at will. If he gets the floater it's all over. Think about it. If the centre stays with our centre. Dante has a floater or a layup or the dunk. If the centre goes to Dante he throws the alley Oop or pass to gobert or favors. He could be great if he gets stronger improves his floater and layup

No he doesn't. Several times last night he tried and failed, picked up his dribble and pivoted around looking for a pass out. Remember that spin move he did with zero confidence to finish after?

Not really why we should play him. Dante rarely attempts anything, his TO numbers are down because he isn't mostly in a position Rubio and Mitchell are in.

Exactly. An Exum lead squad is going to face a whole lot of short clock situations and probably average a little over 90 ppg against most teams.

Not really why we should play him. Dante rarely attempts anything, his TO numbers are down because he isn't mostly in a position Rubio and Mitchell are in.
Nah, I think his lack of turnovers is legitimately impressive considering how many lobs he throws. That's not easy to do. Those are high risk plays.