What's new

Start Hayward.....use Favors more

Jazz need to switch from the "win-now" mentality they had under Jerry Sloan, which generally meant playing vets who were a little or slightly better over young guys with more upside, but who needed playing time to develop. Bell is not the future, nor is Elson. So I agree, give Hayward and Favors plenty of time the remainder of this season - win or lose. There is no excuse (other than 6 fouls or lack of effort) to not give each AT LEAST 20 mins/per. And I'd say even increase it to 25-30 as Beantown mentioned. The Jazz future is really dependent on Favors developing into an all-star caliber player. No better time to start than the present.

Can't argue with that. Hell, even with a win now mentality I'd rather see Hayward/Favors get way more burn.

Jazz need to switch from the "win-now" mentality they had under Jerry Sloan, which generally meant playing vets who were a little or slightly better over young guys with more upside, but who needed playing time to develop. Bell is not the future, nor is Elson. So I agree, give Hayward and Favors plenty of time the remainder of this season - win or lose. There is no excuse (other than 6 fouls or lack of effort) to not give each AT LEAST 20 mins/per. And I'd say even increase it to 25-30 as Beantown mentioned. The Jazz future is really dependent on Favors developing into an all-star caliber player. No better time to start than the present.

Good point. I'm wondering how well Favors and Jefferson can play together.

You guys know how I feel or have felt about hayward, but the kid is tough...there is no denying that. I want to see him get more burn.

Oh also, Price is great in spot minutes. Not at regular minutes. Talk to YB.