What's new

Start Hayward

It would be nice to have a SG that looks to score in the paint or at least pretends to be a threat and look to catch the ball when setting a pick/screen in the paint and one that will post up a PG (last night Conley is wat 6' 180?) when the SG is guarding DWill.

Hayward isn't any worse on defense than AK.

How many more times do we need to see AK driven on, backed down under the basket, or faked out? The kid has never seen a scouting report in his life. If he can't just steal the pass he's basically useless on defense. Poor fundamentals, no discipline, and rarely does he have an impact out there anymore.

I'd much rather have Hayward recognizing his weaknesses and just "try" and stay in front of his man and rotate well on defense than watch AK just completely destroyed. Just because he was once a good shotblocker 7 years ago doesn't mean he's a good defender TODAY.
I know nothing I say will matter to you and wont recognize how well AK played D on Gay last night but using your own example you could say the same thing about Millsap, how many times has he played against Randolph, how many times has he read the scouting report make him go right, well guess how many times Zach went left last night.

For the record I loves me some Sap it's just Randolph is a beast offensively.

Via Locke's twitter:

"Last 8 games Gordon Hayward is shooting 49% is 5 of 13 from three, 16 of 19 from the line, has 21 rebs and 18 ast - Jazz are +23 with him in"

He seems pretty comfortable with starters and seems to have learned and progressed within system quicker than I expected.

Locke does have a point here. Hayward seems to have adjusted from initial shock. Does that mean he is going to be be great from here on out? Of course not, he is just a 20 year old rookie. But Matthews certainly had a pretty decent season when Jerry was forced to start him after KOC dumped Brewer, and Wes has done well most of the time. Why not give Hayward a chance. It's not like our current SG starter who is nearly double Hayward's age is doing very well. At least Hayward has a chance to improve. Wes did to the point he kicking major butt in just his second year. Maybe Hayward will too. Of course in order to do that KOC needs to trade Bell, right?