What's new
  • This thread contains opinions and information that likely IS NOT ACCURATE. Do your own research on such an important topic on a site other than JazzFanz.com, please.

Steals, deflections & defensive strategy

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
Where is the poll? I vote we have more of all of the above.
I meant to ask if anyone had a meme from like 2008 or something where it’s a South Park-like cartoon of Scott Layden saying “maw deflections!”

Jazzmix

I really hope we will improve in this areas and it's not just an effort which they give in preseason but once the season goes on and we play more athletic adversaries the laziness and relaying too much on Rudy will return.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I meant to ask if anyone had a meme from like 2008 or something where it’s a South Park-like cartoon of Scott Layden saying “maw deflections!”
If only there were some basketball super geniuses who notice how few deflections and steals we got and said "hmmmm maybe we should adjust that?" Has anyone been on here screaming into the internet about this?

Spoiler... there have been many.

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
Remember the front office and coaching staff saw us give up 40 points to a scrub that ultimately rolled us from the playoffs. And a pretty scrubby scrub at that. And mainly because not a single person could stay with this person on the perimeter. No one. Which is also primarily why we lost the series. We couldn't stay in front of anyone to the point where we comically expected Gobert to cover every 3 point shooter AND cover the rim. To the point that many railed against his inability to be actual Dr. Manhattan on the court. And still they decided we didn't need improved perimeter D. Or really much improved D at all. So apparently there is something we are all missing because we are obviously all stupid.