What's new

Stephen A. Claims Jazz are "no contender."

He sucks, has probably watched about 3 Jazz games in the past 5 years. However, he only talks about NBA and boxing on his show, so if I am driving around, I'll listen when the other sports channels are talking about baseball, hockey, or UofA women's basketball. . .

I like Steven A. but he probably ranks Stockton about 5th best point guard in NBA History when everyone in town knows he's 1st or 2nd at worst! Steven A. favors hoppers rather than fundamentally sound teams that set picks and screens.

.364 compared to .311.

But to be fair i bet it is significant enough teams will gaurd Conley, where they chose to leave Rubio and dare him to shoot.

Yeah, plus you have to compare that most of those 3s from Rubio were with a defender no where around. Conley was shooting much more closely guarded 3s. It will make a huge difference for a team when your PG needs to be guarded.

Jazz lost the MLE

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/02/early-mid-level-bi-annual-projections-for-201920.html

I dont think we did. I think we gained a bigger MLE. Unless we waive Favors for some dumb reason.

Edit: I am wrong here. We get an MLE no matter what its just a matter of whether its the full MLE or the room MLE. I think we can manuever to get the full MLE but as it stands when the trade goes through we will get the smaller room MLE.

Last edited:
.364 compared to .311.

But to be fair i bet it is significant enough teams will gaurd Conley, where they chose to leave Rubio and dare him to shoot.

Not to mention Conley is a career 37.5 shooter from 3.

Here's an interesting fact for all of us Jazz fans. During the Rocket series we had an average of 22 wide open threes. We obviously didn't make close to any of them but with conley, we won't have 2 defenders on our great shooters while Rubio or Favors shoots 22 wide open threes.

Here's an interesting fact for all of us Jazz fans. During the Rocket series we had an average of 22 wide open threes. We obviously didn't make close to any of them but with conley, we won't have 2 defenders on our great shooters while Rubio or Favors shoots 22 wide open threes.

So Rubio produced wide open 3's at a higher rate than conley?

They just thinned out their already thin bench, and eliminated the possibility of being a FA player for .050 percentage better 3pt shooting from the pg spot.

If this is the only move they make he is right.

Lol nice selective use of stats

So Rubio produced wide open 3's at a higher rate than conley?

Yes he did. Houston dared him to shoot and he chocked hard. But that created a clogged paint.

Rubio had the 3rd most wide open shots per game in the playoffs. He shot 22% from 3 on his wide open attempts. Even though he is a bad shooter normally if he had just hit his season average it would have changed the series quite a bit.

Our team also creates a lot of open shots as well though our system and because of how good Favors and Gobert are at the pick and roll and demanding a lot of attention. Conley will thrive on those shots! He shot 43% on those shots last year which is 10% better than Rubio.

He's a giant racist. Jazz could sign every all star and he'd still hate.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk