What's new

Stephenson's on the trading BLOCK do we want him????

Stephenson's on the trading BLOCK do we want him?

• Total voters
Man Jordan Sucks as an FO executive!

The signing was great in a vacuum. None of the Hornet's pieces fit though. Not sure it's even possible to construct a worse team around Jefferson for his skillset.

That Kemba Walker signing though. Pretty much the same player that Burke is, just he gets higher usage. Imagine if we signed Burke to a $48/4 contract. Hornets are ****ed as a franchise for another few years.

The signing was great in a vacuum. None of the Hornet's pieces fit though. Not sure it's even possible to construct a worse team around Jefferson for his skillset.

That Kemba Walker signing though. Pretty much the same player that Burke is, just he gets higher usage. Imagine if we signed Burke to a $48/4 contract. Hornets are ****ed as a franchise for another few years.
Plus he's now 4th on the points list!!!

The last thing the Jazz need right now is a head case. If we were better/older/had more self confidence then sure. As is we should pass.

The last thing the Jazz need right now is a head case. If we were better/older/had more confidence then sure. As is we should pass.

Probably right. Stephenson probably isn't going to have much respect for any team that isn't winning.

I liked Stephenson a lot in Indy. However his play in Charlotte and his character make me wanna stay away from him.
His character was a problem in Indy. I did not want him at any cost this summer and I still don't. A 2nd round pick is too much for him on this roster. When we had Stock and Malone we maybe could have dealt with him, now no way.

Is he really a headcase? Or is it like calling Rondo a headcase just because of his intensity and high expectations? This is an honest question, I simply don't know much about his personality. But if he is manageable, then getting him for next to nothing is a no-brainer.

Is he really a headcase? Or is it like calling Rondo a headcase just because of his intensity and high expectations? This is an honest question, I simply don't know much about his personality. But if he is manageable, then getting him for next to nothing is a no-brainer.

Considering that one article suggested that the Hornets would have to give up an asset to get rid of him, I'd be willing to take a chance on him if the cost is low. I wouldn't give up ANY 1st round picks or young Core players to get him (including Burke - who I think needs to be traded eventually.) In business, you never pay more than you have to. This looks like a classic case of buyer's remorse. I'd happily take him on for 2nd round picks and/or players who don't figure into the short/long term future of the Jazz - Booker, Ingles, Evans, etc.

He's a head case, but he's also a dynamic player. And if he turns things around, he's a heck of an asset when looking to make a big move. If he tanks, you haven't payed anything more than they did for Williams, Jefferson or Biedrins. my only hesitation would be getting him and adding his salary to the cap if the Jazz are planning to go after a free agent in the offseason.

Lance has such a great rep that NO college.. NONE.. gave him a scholly offer (although he was considered a top5 talent) except Cinci..

He was an absolute cancer and toxic in any situation.

Sign Stephenson and his 210 pounds for Towns!

At this point I think he's in the "liability" column for them, meaning they probably need to get rid off him as much as or more than anybody would need to acquire him. Right now I wouldn't give up unprotected pick for him. Maybe a second or top 15 protected first(maybe the Warriors pick) + filling(expiring or non-guaranteed contracts) is the best I'd be willing to give them.

This.

Considering that one article suggested that the Hornets would have to give up an asset to get rid of him, I'd be willing to take a chance on him if the cost is low. I wouldn't give up ANY 1st round picks or young Core players to get him (including Burke - who I think needs to be traded eventually.) In business, you never pay more than you have to. This looks like a classic case of buyer's remorse. I'd happily take him on for 2nd round picks and/or players who don't figure into the short/long term future of the Jazz - Booker, Ingles, Evans, etc.

He's a head case, but he's also a dynamic player. And if he turns things around, he's a heck of an asset when looking to make a big move. If he tanks, you haven't payed anything more than they did for Williams, Jefferson or Biedrins. my only hesitation would be getting him and adding his salary to the cap if the Jazz are planning to go after a free agent in the offseason.

This.

Stephenson has worn out his welcome in 20 games. He may or may not have derailed a team last year that looked to be a contender. BS follows him everywhere. I wouldn't touch the guy with a ten foot pole.

To put it short - YES! He is toxic!

I just read several stories in the news and it seems like the talk right now is not about what the Hornets can get for him, but rather what they have to part ways with to get rid off him. Pacers are reported to want a draft pick to go with Lance' contract. So yah... this should tell you how bad of a headcase he is - if only 20 games into the season his new team would have to give up draft picks in order to trade him away.

3 pages and nobody has talked about what a Ball Stopper this guy is? Serious ball-stopping ******** with this guy.