What's new

Steve Kerr

If only there were a master "head coaches search" thread on this forum where every idiot can post their ideas on who should be the next head coach...sigh.

But then you have to wade through pages upon pages to find comments about one specific guy...kind of like the draft thread. I don't mind a new thread made for each person who is seriously linked to the HC job.

But then you have to wade through pages upon pages to find comments about one specific guy...kind of like the draft thread. I don't mind a new thread made for each person who is seriously linked to the HC job.

I with you.
More threads > one humongous thread that i cant possibly follow and keep up with

Hornacek's success with Phoenix has definitely elevated Steve Kerr's possible coaching stock. Without Jeff, Kerr probably wouldn't have any interest.

Hornacek's success with Phoenix has definitely elevated Steve Kerr's possible coaching stock. Without Jeff, Kerr probably wouldn't have any interest.
Hornacek at least had some coaching experience. Kerr's comp is more along the lines of Kidd. After a rough start, Kidd has settled in and is viewed as decent. Had Brooklyn not righted their ship, maybe Kerr fever is not as great.

I could see Kerr going to NY to be mentored by Phil Jackson, a bit like Eric Spoelstra working under Pat Riley.

The Warriors are a possibility, but they're capped out with contracts to Bogut and David Lee, both of whom are digressing as players. Their bench has very little, and I think they've plateaued for now.

I think the Jazz are the team best off in terms of young talent and cap flexibility. I say that looking ahead to the draft. Kerr would also probably get the most job security and latitude in Utah.

So how many coaching jobs are open? Knicks, Warriors, Lakers and Jazz ?

Locke says earlier in the year Kerr was describing the Jazz as a great head coaching opportunity. Locke never said anything because Corbin was still the coach.

Regarding Kerr...Colin Cowherd interviewed Tim Legler this morning and asked which job would be most attractive to Kerr between NY, LA, GS, and Utah. Interview went something like this:

After talking about the GS, NY, and Laker jobs...
Legler: And Utah just doesn't have the talent
Cowherd: But what about that young Burke kid...
Legler: Minimal talent in the Western Conference, and a team that's going to be very difficult to ever attract big time free agents.

Objectively, have to agree with Legler. That would be the perception of anyone looking at Utah and the season they just had.
Young guys didn't take the huge leaps we all wanted/expected. WE hope some of that was due to coaching.

I wouldn't say "minimal talent," though. Add a top-5 pick and a couple of other decent rotation players, take away the 15-game stretch when we had two YMCA PG's running the show and the Jazz are going to make a big leap in the Win column.

If his announcing is any indication of what he will be like as a coach, thank God he's not interested in us. Plus, was an overrated, one dimensional player. No idea why anyone thinks he might be a good coach. All the hype is annoying. He hasn't proven anything, yet several teams seem to be interested in him. Let them hire him and fire him in a year or two. It will happen. I hope we hire someone more interesting.

Regarding Legler, who cares what he thinks. He's about as good of an analyst as he was a basketball player.

If his announcing is any indication of what he will be like as a coach, thank God he's not interested in us. Plus, was an overrated, one dimensional player. No idea why anyone thinks he might be a good coach. All the hype is annoying. He hasn't proven anything, yet several teams seem to be interested in him. Let them hire him and fire him in a year or two. It will happen. I hope we hire someone more interesting.

Regarding Legler, who cares what he thinks. He's about as good of an analyst as he was a basketball player.

He seems to have proven enough to the people that matter since he's such a hot commodity. Furthermore, I see no logic in your attempt at using his playing career to disparage his coaching ability.