What's new

Steve Kerr

I think once the rumors came out that Phil Jackson was interested in hiring Kerr to coach the Knicks...everyone assumes that everything Phil Jackson touches turns to gold. Thus the sudden popularity and 15 minutes of fame for Steve Kerr...

Regarding Kerr...Colin Cowherd interviewed Tim Legler this morning and asked which job would be most attractive to Kerr between NY, LA, GS, and Utah. Interview went something like this:

After talking about the GS, NY, and Laker jobs...
Legler: And Utah just doesn't have the talent
Cowherd: But what about that young Burke kid...
Legler: Minimal talent in the Western Conference, and a team that's going to be very difficult to ever attract big time free agents.

I think the rest of the league just doesn't understand Utah's rebuilding process and doesn't want to think about it. Yes, the Jazz need 1 or 2 more good players, but they're in a position to draft for one and possibly trade for the other.

Lets see where we stand a year from now when we've rebuilt the bench, brought in a lottery pick and made a move or two.

He seems to have proven enough to the people that matter since he's such a hot commodity. Furthermore, I see no logic in your attempt at using his playing career to disparage his coaching ability.

First, I recognize that he's a hot commodity, my point was that I can't see why. The "experts" who ultimately decide to hire him may or may not be right, but my money is on him being a flop who is fired within two years. The real point is that I simply don't care what happens to Kerr and am quite pleased that he will never be our coach. Hated him as a player, hate him as an announcer and would probably hate him as a coach.

Second, I was referring to Legler's playing career, not Kerrs, when responding to Legler's comments. Legler was and always will be a scrub. Who cares what he thinks.

First, I recognize that he's a hot commodity, my point was that I can't see why. The "experts" who ultimately decide to hire him may or may not be right, but my money is on him being a flop who is fired within two years. The real point is that I simply don't care what happens to Kerr and am quite pleased that he will never be our coach. Hated him as a player, hate him as an announcer and would probably hate him as a coach.

Second, I was referring to Legler's playing career, not Kerrs, when responding to Legler's comments. Legler was and always will be a scrub. Who cares what he thinks.

You referenced Kerr's playing career as well.

It's not so much that I hate Kerr...it's just that I think Messina is the right choice.
Utah would get worldwide media attention. And I think a lot of Euro players would give serious consideration to signing with Utah as FA's.

It's not so much that I hate Kerr...it's just that I think Messina is the right choice.
Utah would get worldwide media attention. And I think a lot of Euro players would give serious consideration to signing with Utah as FA's.

When Kerr was star for the Bulls he went on the Tonite Show and talked about how Gonzaga offered him a scholarship out of high school and when he went to sign the coaches suggested he scrimmage with some of the fellas. One of those guys was Stockton that lit Kerr up enough that the Gonzaga coaches decided to withdraw the sholie offer. If I remember he went to a California JC before ending up at Arizona.

When Kerr was star for the Bulls he went on the Tonite Show and talked about how Gonzaga offered him a scholarship out of high school and when he went to sign the coaches suggested he scrimmage with some of the fellas. One of those guys was Stockton that lit Kerr up enough that the Gonzaga coaches decided to withdraw the sholie offer. If I remember he went to a California JC before ending up at Arizona.
Awesome story.

he better stick to acting.
he was brilliant on that show called "How I met your mother".
played a playboy called Barney Stinson, AFAIK.

Well, report out today is that Kerr is likely to receive an offer from NY this week and Utah was never a consideration.
WHEW...we dodged that bullet!