What's new

Stock Picks

BTW, is anyone else playing this slight correction then push channel? The "interest rates might increase so let's finally correct but not really" play has been the most obvious play ever. It's getting close to being over, but I doubt any rate hike will do anything to derail this bull other than very short term. Any rate hike will be puny and meaningless, likely for several years. Demographics (world) and all the other factors against it here are way too strong for bonds to start competing again.

Where's ThePearl gone? I need advice on OAK. My last calc had them about $500mm under their 2.5 billion-ish book value when you add in the earned but not accounted for returns on invested funds (they're roughly 7 year duration bonds htm so price volatility shouldn't be an issue in the end). It's best of breed with an incredible track record, and still relatively small at $90 billion with plenty of room to grow and apparently some momentum.

I don't know the space and can only guess the low price is estimating future payouts that will likely shrink in the short to mid term???

2.24-15

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Rodgers View Post

She's a good girl.

Loves her momma.

Loves Jesus.

And America too.

We have long days living in Reseda, a freeway running through our yard. But she deals with it well.
That was brilliant.

Maybe we should put together a Jazzfanz fund.
I don't do stocks.. Well, very rarely.

I am doing hard money lending with the following criteria;
- Maximum 30% LTV (actual value, not some ******** appraisal) against debt-free real estate.
- First Trust Deed
- I net fund everything. Meaning, I hold back an entire year of interest up front. This creates a 12 month prepayment penalty, if you will, as well as dramatically increases my effective IRR.
- charge no less than 14% interest.

Example:
I just loaned $500k on a piece of property that is worth (forreal) $2.5MM. I charged 18%. However I net funded the deal so I actually only came in with $410k.. But am receiving 18% interest on $500k.

I am doing a half dozen deals or so like this and it's way easier money than working for a living or playing the market.

- Maximum 30% LTV (actual value, not some ******** appraisal) against debt-free real estate.
- First Trust Deed
- I net fund everything. Meaning, I hold back an entire year of interest up front. This creates a 12 month prepayment penalty, if you will, as well as dramatically increases my effective IRR.

Example:
I just loaned $500k on a piece of property that is worth (forreal) $2.5MM. I charged 18%. However I net funded the deal so I actually only came in with $410k.. But am receiving 18% interest on $500k.

I am doing a half dozen deals or so like this and it's way easier money than working for a living or playing the market.
Not knowing anything about this... Are those good terms for the borrower and/or do they have a reason for taking sup-prime terms?

Not knowing anything about this... Are those good terms for the borrower and/or do they have a reason for taking sup-prime terms?

They are awful terms for the borrower. They have varied reasons as to why they are willing to pay abusive rates, but overall I don't get into it much as long as the criteria is covered.

- First Trust Deed

Example:

There are situations where it is smart to do business with you.

You sure you're not my brother who lives in St. Georgr? That's pretty close to the terms he does, and no he doesn't punch a clock at a job, either. It's been years since he took a case as a lawyer, too.

There are situations where it is smart to do business with you.

You sure you're not my brother who lives in St. Georgr? That's pretty close to the terms he does, and no he doesn't punch a clock at a job, either. It's been years since he took a case as a lawyer, too.

You caught me bro.

Example:

I don't understand. You lent 500k for a property that appraised at 2.5mm? So where did the other funds come from?

I don't understand. You lent 500k for a property that appraised at 2.5mm? So where did the other funds come from?

The borrower owned the property debt-free..

Only needed $500k loan.

No need to come up with anything add'l.

The borrower owned the property debt-free..

Only needed $500k loan.

No need to come up with anything add'l.

Ahhhh, ok. That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying. How long does the approval process usually take? Are your underwriters in-house? How long have you been doing this?

Ahhhh, ok. That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying. How long does the approval process usually take? Are your underwriters in-house? How long have you been doing this?

Approval takes little time.. it's just me. I have my atty look over the PR and assure I have clear collateral and then I pull the trigger. Not shy about a 24hr close as long as the asset is secured properly.

I do not underwrite my own stuff, I use a title company. Been doing this stuff regularly since about 1993.

A recession is on a 16 month horizon. Watch for more Saudi cooperation with the Fed. It's not exactly explicit cooperation, but you can understand what happens to OPEC revenue when the dollar strengthens through tightening. They will front run this and induce inflation. That will be your signal. The market has already been in semi-stall mode over this for a couple years, and Saudi's lead for the increase last December already started the signal sending.

I put 10k into VOO for safe keeping, and I bought 1 Bitcoin for 5.5k. That's a risky investment, but I'm hoping BC keeps climbing. Maybe it'll hit 100k a coin? Come on BC, keep climbing buddy!

Sold some of the stocks to buy another bitcoin. I already gained $500 on the first bitcoin in 48 hours. This **** will keep climbing.

Check out my portfolio.

if35va.jpg

38% annual return. I'm amazing at investing!

I invest mostly in precious metal miners like norilsk nickel

Top palladium producer on the planet, also big players in many other metals rare and common, always undervalued due to being former soviet assets. Paying me over 10% divy

I like to stay away from latin america, look in nevada or canada for gold miners like klondex. Goldmoney another one of my gems they are a bitcoin exchange also

Sold some of the stocks to buy another bitcoin. I already gained $500 on the first bitcoin in 48 hours. This **** will keep climbing.

Check out my portfolio.

if35va.jpg

38% annual return. I'm amazing at investing!

Nice dude. I've always been too conservative or slow to be a great investor. I beat the market overall but my hesitance has left so many multi-baggers off the table. My biggest miss was hesitating 2 days on $10k on GGP before Ackman took control when it was on the pink sheets. Such a no brainer.