What's new

Stock Picks

A recession is on a 16 month horizon. Watch for more Saudi cooperation with the Fed. It's not exactly explicit cooperation, but you can understand what happens to OPEC revenue when the dollar strengthens through tightening. They will front run this and induce inflation. That will be your signal. The market has already been in semi-stall mode over this for a couple years, and Saudi's lead for the increase last December already started the signal sending.

A lot of talk. Nothing real.

So the DJ is on a "record" level and considered somewhat a "bubble" pumped up by fed paper under Obama. The housing market is considered another "bubble". Some are citing the BRICA challenge to the petrodollar as a reason the dollar will lose value inevitably. Loosely, some oil is being traded in Chinese currency now. The gold bugs are citing huge reserves being accumulated in Russia, China, India. But hey, anybody sitting on big piles of anything is gonna hafta sell sometime, right???? And, really, the BRICA countries include Brazil, which has just come out of communism again on the self-immolation of a corrupt proponent... unlike Venezuela, I'm happy to say. Venezuela is gonna hafta be "fixed" and the oil there has gotta flow again. I expect some neighbors to supply some guns to locals soon. Russia wants higher gas prices, does not want to strung out on US printed money. Some say it's on the verge of collapse economically..... China wants cheap oil/gas, does not want to be strung out on US printed money....Some say it's on the verge of economic collapse, too. All these people want the US to get a budget. Trump wants a budget. Trump's gonna join BRICA and get the US in on the modern "Silk Road" which will advantage a lot of business over current trade barriers/costs.

We're gonna get a new wave of politicians who won't block this stuff, and we'll move forward without the stupid recession. Gold and silver will trade for the commodities they are, a little above production costs with oil prices stable a little below current levels, so gold at $1200 and silver at $12.

I put 10k into VOO for safe keeping, and I bought 1 Bitcoin for 5.5k. That's a risky investment, but I'm hoping BC keeps climbing. Maybe it'll hit 100k a coin? Come on BC, keep climbing buddy!

BC is at 6.6k BTW. So I'm up about twenty five hundred dollars in 2 weeks.

BC is at 6.6k BTW. So I'm up about twenty five hundred dollars in 2 weeks.

I don't follow that math. 1 BC purchased for 5.5k is now worth 6.6k = 1.1k more. Am I missing something?

I don't follow that math. 1 BC purchased for 5.5k is now worth 6.6k = 1.1k more. Am I missing something?

Bought another, as I mentioned in the post below the one I quoted.

Sold some of the stocks to buy another bitcoin. I already gained $500 on the first bitcoin in 48 hours. This **** will keep climbing.

I currently have 2 coins.

Looked at my account. I'm up $1940 dollars in 11 days since I bought them. That's still amazing. Fantasizing about how high it can go now preoccupies me. 10k? 50k? Who knows!

BC just broke 7k. You know what kills me about this whole deal? I've been aware of BC since 2011, back when it was worth a couple of dollars a coin. I remember my techie friends jumping on the bandwagon during its first "bubble" when it reached $30. I know someone who bought 20 coins just 2 years ago, when it was around $180 a coin. This guy now has 130k worth of BC profits, and counting.

I've always been skeptical since the currency was (is) mainly used for illicit activities, and I thought the fed would eventually crack down on it. It ****ing kills me!

BC just broke 7k. You know what kills me about this whole deal? I've been aware of BC since 2011, back when it was worth a couple of dollars a coin. I remember my techie friends jumping on the bandwagon during its first "bubble" when it reached $30. I know someone who bought 20 coins just 2 years ago, when it was around $180 a coin. This guy now has 130k worth of BC profits, and counting.

I've always been skeptical since the currency was (is) mainly used for illicit activities, and I thought the fed would eventually crack down on it. It ****ing kills me!

How much do you know about Bitcoin? Does the upcoming Segwit2x fork concern you at all? These next two weeks should be real interesting. I sold half of mine because of it, but the recent run has questioning that decision. Im baffled as to why it going up at all right now. I know the CME announced they were going to start doing ETF's and futures, but that still mean it should be going up right now. I think its going to be the investment of a lifetime. But still have to navigate through whats going to happen in the near future.

I heard about this way back in 08 or 09 when the financial crisis hit. What a missed opportunity that was not looking more into it. I got in early enough though. Started buying in at 2400, then at a bunch of different price points. Its been fun thats for sure.

Are you doing alt coins too?

So who uses BC? Drug cartels?

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

It would behoove you to do a litte more research on it. Might be something you look back on in 10-20 years and really regret not taking it serious. Just looking back a year should make you regret it already. If you would have bought when it first came out you could have put as little as 1000 dollars and you would be a multi- millionaire.

Bitcoin is the money revolution or its the biggest ponzi scheme ever. Regardless, its juts getting started. There is only a fraction of a percent of the money out there in it. Its increasingly being taken more and more serious. Its going to be adopted and widely accepted all over the world real soon. I think its here to stay. There is more to it than just whats on the surface too. Its not just digital money. Its also an emerging technology that is useful.

It would behoove you to do a litte more research on it. Might be something you look back on in 10-20 years and really regret not taking it serious. Just looking back a year should make you regret it already. If you would have bought when it first came out you could have put as little as 1000 dollars and you would be a multi- millionaire.

Bitcoin is the money revolution or its the biggest ponzi scheme ever. Regardless, its juts getting started. There is only a fraction of a percent of the money out there in it. Its increasingly being taken more and more serious. Its going to be adopted and widely accepted all over the world real soon. I think its here to stay. There is more to it than just whats on the surface too. Its not just digital money. Its also an emerging technology that is useful.
Yeah, so like, who uses it?

Yeah, so like, who uses it?

Its more a investment tool and a store of value right now. But its going to be used by everyone in the future. Things dont happen overnight. When email first came out it wasnt used by everyone. Now it is. Thats how these things work. You gotta see it coming.

But to more directly answer your question. Here are a few companies that already accept it. Overstock.com, Expedia, NewEgg, Dish. Just to name a few. Bitcoin ATM's are starting to pop up. Its slowly but surely being adopted.

And yes, criminals use it too. Criminals use cash too though. Not sure how that matters all that much. You and I can use it too.

How much do you know about Bitcoin? Does the upcoming Segwit2x fork concern you at all? These next two weeks should be real interesting. I sold half of mine because of it, but the recent run has questioning that decision. Im baffled as to why it going up at all right now. I know the CME announced they were going to start doing ETF's and futures, but that still mean it should be going up right now. I think its going to be the investment of a lifetime. But still have to navigate through whats going to happen in the near future.

I heard about this way back in 08 or 09 when the financial crisis hit. What a missed opportunity that was not looking more into it. I got in early enough though. Started buying in at 2400, then at a bunch of different price points. Its been fun thats for sure.

Are you doing alt coins too?

All other forks did nothing but increase the price of Bitcoin. We'll see how it goes. I have a coin on Coinbase, so I'll get one of the new coins.

/Shrug

Its more a investment tool and a store of value right now. But its going to be used by everyone in the future. Things dont happen overnight. When email first came out it wasnt used by everyone. Now it is. Thats how these things work. You gotta see it coming.

But to more directly answer your question. Here are a few companies that already accept it. Overstock.com, Expedia, NewEgg, Dish. Just to name a few. Bitcoin ATM's are starting to pop up. Its slowly but surely being adopted.

And yes, criminals use it too. Criminals use cash too though. Not sure how that matters all that much. You and I can use it too.
Idk why you think I care if criminals use it. I was just curious, don't get defensive of your coins.

All other forks did nothing but increase the price of Bitcoin. We'll see how it goes. I have a coin on Coinbase, so I'll get one of the new coins.

/Shrug

This fork is a lot different I think. I could be wrong, but thats what Im getting out of it. Unlike the last two forks it was always expected that Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold wouldn't take over being the main blockchain. At least not right away. BitcoinCash has that potential if this goes south though. Bitcoin Gold is as good as dead. But this new Segwit2x supposedly has 85% of the miners and exchanges on its side. See the New York Agreement. I heard its losing support, but still its going to have big support behind it unless its loses all its steam in 2 weeks. And thats gotta mean some sort of change or problems ahead.

I dont know. I just think FUD should override the optimism and FOMO right now there is a really bumpy road ahead.

Do y'all use Trezor?

No. He probably doesnt either. You can download your money to a wallet like that. Or you can keep it on an exchange. Both have some risk associated with it. Im choosing to keep mine on the exchange for now. I think he is too. Gotta keep it ready to move during these times. I would only keep a little in a wallet anyways and the rest locked up in a bank. But thats in the future. The safety and security around bitcoin still needs to improve. Its kinda risky to hold it anywhere.

No. He probably doesnt either. You can download your money to a wallet like that. Or you can keep it on an exchange. Both have some risk associated with it. Im choosing to keep mine on the exchange for now. I think he is too. Gotta keep it ready to move during these times. I would only keep a little in a wallet anyways and the rest locked up in a bank. But thats in the future. The safety and security around bitcoin still needs to improve. Its kinda risky to hold it anywhere.
Yeah, but Trezor has the best security. Seems like if you had a lot invested you'd want the best security.