Stupid Pet Peeves

Wes Mantooth

I’ve driving to St. George from my house in Davis County a lot lately. A LOT. It’s ~ 4 hours. That’s getting old.
On a related note, I understand time is money for truckers, but does the semi going 65.5 MPH really need to pass the semi going 64.75 MPH at the exact moment I’m 10 yards behind in the next lane going 85 MPH?

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app
Pass on the shoulder.

Beer

Pass on the shoulder.
Ha ha, cuts off the passenger car going 90 off by taking a hard swerve into their lane but then takes about 10 minutes to actually get past the truck it is passing. And often times just gives up and slows down and gets right back behind the truck they were going to pass. Happens so often it has to be taught in their training.

LogGrad98

Contributor
Changing the momentum of a big truck is a bear, and costs a lot of fuel. So I get why they want to keep moving at their current speed even if it is only slightly higher than the guy in front of them. Still that is one of the most irritating things you can encounter on a highway.

Jazzmix

Stores "selling" Christmas/Easter/whatever way before the actual date. Last year my local store was selling Halloween products from the end of September and something like a week before 31 October all those articles were already put somewhere aside and Christmas things were already on display. Kills the magic and anticipation of it.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
Stores "selling" Christmas/Easter/whatever way before the actual date. Last year my local store was selling Halloween products from the end of September and something like a week before 31 October all those articles were already put somewhere aside and Christmas things were already on display. Kills the magic and anticipation of it.
Whats just as bad and contributes to your pet peeve is people purchasing those products way early. If there wasnt demand then the stores wouldnt put put the supply.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

bigb

Free at last!!!
Contributor
Home Depot has had their Christmas trees out for two weeks. Pisses me off.

One Brow

My wife leaves the TV remotes on my side of the bed. It's very annoying (mostly because I would prefer to have no TV on at all). I have been known to hide them once or twice when she does that.

bigb

Free at last!!!
Contributor
My wife leaves the TV remotes on my side of the bed. It's very annoying (mostly because I would prefer to have no TV on at all). I have been known to hide them once or twice when she does that.
My six year old carries it around with him. We’ll randomly find it in his bedroom, or in a drawer in the bathroom. We even found it out on the back deck once.