What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

Can you get in even a tiny bit of exercise each day? 15-20 minutes? I’ve felt quite a bit better since going vegan too. Something to consider.

I walk 10 to 15ks per day (also drink a similar number of beers) but yeah I'm missing going to the gym (currently closed due to covid. ) Time is my issue, I don't get home from work until midnight and I'm back to work most days at 1 or I have to start preparing for it by one. On my weekends off I spend most of it catching up with friends and drinking cans.

I walk 10 to 15ks per day (also drink a similar number of beers) but yeah I'm missing going to the gym (currently closed due to covid. ) Time is my issue, I don't get home from work until midnight and I'm back to work most days at 1 or I have to start preparing for it by one. On my weekends off I spend most of it catching up with friends and drinking cans.

Try to carve out time for yourself. Even on the weekends.

Try to carve out time for yourself. Even on the weekends.

Easier said than done bro, I'm back at school once a week on my days off with a work funded scholarship, plus i try to see my folks who i've been living away from due to covid, that's 3 of my days off a fortnight. leaves me with a two days a month, luckily I no longer have a partner so I no longer have to worry about her. Starting to feel like I exist to work, the trade offs you make with yourself, in two years time I could be qualified for my bosses job which puts an extra 50 to 60k in my pocket which is something I want to work towards. Just lacking the juice to power through at the moment.

Easier said than done bro, I'm back at school once a week on my days off with a work funded scholarship, plus i try to see my folks who i've been living away from due to covid, that's 3 of my days off a fortnight. leaves me with a two days a month, luckily I no longer have a partner so I no longer have to worry about her. Starting to feel like I exist to work, the trade offs you make with yourself, in two years time I could be qualified for my bosses job which puts an extra 50 to 60k in my pocket which is something I want to work towards. Just lacking the juice to power through at the moment.

Yeah, trust me I understand. Just try when you can. I’m just talking about a 20 minute walk here, a 20 minute there. And since time is so much of an issue, then just try to eat better. You’re a good bloke.

So guys i'm pretty much exhausted, got close to 30 weeks of leave if you count annual leave and long service combined. Basically cant get any leave approved, so burnt out im not sleeping. No idea how long i can keep this up, my flat looks like ****, my diet is ****ed, i feel so unhealthy

Sorry, man, that sucks. Hope you can get some leave so you can get over that burn out.

This notion that professional athletes and franchises need to be disrespected so that they get the special "chip on their shoulder" superpower.

Not that I should talk too much about alcohol consumption at all but I have a tight crew of guys that I regularly ride motorcycles and ski with and out of my crew of about 8 dudes there are three who I'm concerned about. We are all between 40 and 50-years-old and have been partying like pro's for a long time. The problem is three of these guys are drinking every single day, putting away huge amounts pretty often. They are functioning alcoholics but I can tell it's bringing them down. They're not happy about it, but we are full-throttle type dudes and they soldier on. I've made comments before about how we could probably stand to cut back but I almost think we need to make a pact not to drink for a month and see how it goes... if they can even quit without withdrawals at this point.

I have been in management for 25 years. I have been through every conceivable training regarding workplace relations, annually at the very least, and I have even written such training working with my HR managers. However, my new job requires a TWO AND A HALF HOUR training on sexual harassment. TWO AND A HALF HOURS!!!! Good hell!! This could be covered in 5 minutes if they just let me take the damn test up front. I am a pro at sexual harassment!

I've been accused of the melk and pellow thing and through concentration broke the habit. I'm sure I say plenty of other things in the Utah way.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app
This is a decent place for this. I love this guy's stuff, and at the very end of this he gets into this "milk" "melk" vowel shift in Utah.

By very end I mean like literally the last minute. Maybe a bit more.

Katy Perry's Dad is a living breathing pet peeve.

29266614-8392369-image-m-14_1591367911652.jpg

39451314-9272007-image-m-23_1613661685362.jpg

39424330-9272007-image-a-10_1613659091578.jpg

Of course he is a preacher.

Guys that randomly come and interrupt your workout at the gym to try and get you to join an MLM. Happened to me last night. Started the conversation under the guise of liking my headphones, evolved into what I do for work, ended with him telling me he knows a couple that retired at 35 and he just got in on their secret. God damn him.

Guys that randomly come and interrupt your workout at the gym to try and get you to join an MLM. Happened to me last night. Started the conversation under the guise of liking my headphones, evolved into what I do for work, ended with him telling me he knows a couple that retired at 35 and he just got in on their secret. God damn him.
That's a good one.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

So you joined then.

I think I would legit report him to the management. Using their space for your own commercial purposes has got to be against the gym rules.

I think I would legit report him to the management. Using their space for your own commercial purposes has got to be against the gym rules.
But it's an unbeatable opportunity!

Anybody know how to disable chrome's tab grid layout permanently? I'm going to have to find a new browser.

1. //flags doesn't work. First, it is set to default and when I disable it the layout is enabled after relaunch. Then, I switch back to default and for who knows why it will then disable even though it was enabled previously under default.

2. Changing flags is only good for one browsing session. I have to do the above every time.

The day we buried my wife’s brother one of her college room mates came to our house “to visit and catch up”. Her husband pitched us on his latest mlm business. It took everything in me not to physically throw him out of my house on his ***.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Anybody know how to disable chrome's tab grid layout permanently? I'm going to have to find a new browser.

1. //flags doesn't work. First, it is set to default and when I disable it the layout is enabled after relaunch. Then, I switch back to default and for who knows why it will then disable even though it was enabled previously under default.

2. Changing flags is only good for one browsing session. I have to do the above every time.
I hope someone knows because I hate it.