What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

Why can we not build and maintain a nice smooth road in this state?

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz
The trick is getting no one to drive on it and no water to every fall on it, let alone freeze on it. Take care of those 2 things and you have no problems!

Oh except for the sun. That kills roads everywhere.

The classic Utah pronunciation of lots of words is irritating. You get that same effect with the word "Lay'uhn" for Layton. "Rill" for real is another one, generally pronouncing any long "e" and a short "i". "Melk" for milk. The list goes on and on.
So I was watching a YouTube videos about dialects, a guy I really like, and he hit in exactly this from this conversation.

I tried to clip the relevant part. See if it worked. Otherwise it's at about the 13 and a half minute mark.

Ok so it won't let me embed media from YouTube with a specific time stamp, so go to the 13:15 mark.

Got a plumbing problem at my flat, called the estate agent no call back, now i've frittered the morning away, its now too late to have breakfast before work. Idiot!!

People who drive extra slow in front of you but then blatantly blow through stop signs or red lights.

Had another one at work last night. Guy in the break room watching video on his phone with the volume way up. I just don't understand how anyone thinks that's ok.

So in a new building at work, and this one has another bathroom-talky-guy. What the everloving **** is up with guys that want a nice little chat whilst pissing? He kept looking over, laughing, talking about the most banal **** you can imagine. Kept waiting for a response. But he underestimated my ability to sustain an awkward pause. I should be allowed to shoot those people, tbh.

I have a whole list of people I should be allowed to shoot. Time to get Trump back in the white house so I can get this approved!!

Clipping fingernails in public. Had a guy do it behind me in line at Rite Aid (probably clippers of the store meant for sale). Asked him to stop, he didn't. When one of his clippings hit me I turned and told him if he didn't stop I was going to kick his ***. He finally stopped.

Also, people that hold up TSA security. It isn't that ****ing hard people. Don't bring a drink or weapon. We've had these enhanced protocols for a decade. No excuse to be a security line idiot anymore.

Clipping fingernails in public. Had a guy do it behind me in line at Rite Aid (probably clippers of the store meant for sale). Asked him to stop, he didn't. When one of his clippings hit me I turned and told him if he didn't stop I was going to kick his ***. He finally stopped.
I carpool with collegues from work sometimes when we work in another city. Once it was my turn to drive and somewhere on a way I heard clipping sounds coming from behind. Woman sitting in the back of my car was clipping her nails keeping hands above the purse.. I wanted to murder her.

So in a new building at work, and this one has another bathroom-talky-guy. What the everloving **** is up with guys that want a nice little chat whilst pissing? He kept looking over, laughing, talking about the most banal **** you can imagine. Kept waiting for a response. But he underestimated my ability to sustain an awkward pause. I should be allowed to shoot those people, tbh.

I have a whole list of people I should be allowed to shoot. Time to get Trump back in the white house so I can get this approved!!

So you've reached the age where you've become a pervert. Im sure its not easy for you and you're probably disgusted with yourself. However here at jazzfanz we can help. You're toilet trading buddy is engaging you in some mundane perverted script. I believe they call it a beat. How is the weather? It's great im looking to bbq some sausage. Before you know it you'll be experiencing knee trembling ectasy in a cubicle. Its a brave new world you've entered.

So you've reached the age where you've become a pervert. Im sure its not easy for you and you're probably disgusted with yourself. However here at jazzfanz we can help. You're toilet trading buddy is engaging you in some mundane perverted script. I believe they call it a beat. How is the weather? It's great im looking to bbq some sausage. Before you know it you'll be experiencing knee trembling ectasy in a cubicle. Its a brave new world you've entered.
You know waaaay too much about that.

This is as much a PSA as a pet peeve.

If you are in a car accident that DOES NOT involve anyone needing emergency medical attention then go ahead and get your ****ing cars out of the middle of the road. I know, I know, you've just had a car accident, and you're very special and the police will probably dispatch their top of the line CSI team to come do a forensic analysis of your fender bender so you don't want to disturb the crime scene.

But actually, that's not going to happen. The very first thing the police officer is going to do when they get there is to tell you to move your ****ing car out of the road. They don't care about whatever story you want to tell. They are not going to investigate the scene. They will provide you with a form that you will use to make a statement and they'll likely give a ticket to one or even possibly all of the drivers involved. The insurance companies will figure out which one is going to pay for the damage.

TL;DR
If you're in a fender bender move you car out of the road.

If you are in a car accident that DOES NOT involve anyone needing emergency medical attention then go ahead and get your ****ing cars out of the middle of the road. I know, I know, you've just had a car accident, and you're very special and the police will probably dispatch their top of the line CSI team to come do a forensic analysis of your fender bender so you don't want to disturb the crime scene.

But actually, that's not going to happen. The very first thing the police officer is going to do when they get there is to tell you to move your ****ing car out of the road. They don't care about whatever story you want to tell. They are not going to investigate the scene. They will provide you with a form that you will use to make a statement and they'll likely give a ticket to one or even possibly all of the drivers involved. The insurance companies will figure out which one is going to pay for the damage.

TL;DR
Agreed, but take pictures/video first to protect yourself.

TL;DR
I was going to ask if your were on my commute the other day. Everything backed up and I was lucky it was just after the exit I needed, like 20 feet. And what was it? 3 cars that had obviously tapped each other lightly, sitting in the 2nd lane people standing around looking at their phones, doing basically nothing. Thousands of cars backed up trying to get around them, and a huge shoulder literally 15 feet away with nothing in their path. ****ing morons. Should be a cite-able offense imo.

Just to be clear Halloween is TODAY.

Don't know what the heck people were up to last night but they don't seem to understand how calendars work.