What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

prodigy

Man our medical system just sucks.
This reminds me, recently I have been trying to find a doctor for a physical exam. Good lord. Just finding someone that wasn't already booked through the year and was in network was a huge pain in the ***. It doesnt help that sometimes the people who answer the phone calls are clueless. I did finally get an appointment setup but it took way too long.

Keefe

I hate when people listen to their phones loudly in shared public spaces. Get some damn headphones jackass.

I hate this as well but am I guilty as charged when I do this while listening to The Rewatchables podcast while going for a walk through my neighborhood? Like does a neighborhood count? And tbh, I rarely pass people. And doubt you can hear it if you are 20-25 feet away or more.

Keefe

a5e919207b861a8378f24cc2f1bd7896--funny-images-funny-photos.jpg

No one will ever convince me that this is better for the environment than using paper towels from some tree, something we can simply plant again. The electricity, energy, metal that eventually becomes scrap. No ****ing way.

Gameface

Stand With Ukraine
Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I hate this as well but am I guilty as charged when I do this while listening to The Rewatchables podcast while going for a walk through my neighborhood? Like does a neighborhood count? And tbh, I rarely pass people. And doubt you can hear it if you are 20-25 feet away or more.
outdoors not so bad

Do you listen like that because you don't like having an earbud in your ear or safety or something?

In a work breakroom it's worthy of physical punishment.

JazzGal

Contributor
I have a lot of joint and nerve pain. At the beginning, I was given tramadol to take with Tylenol. And it worked pretty well. But then the powers that be decided that tramadol was a narcotic. After a year of being on it with no issues, no evidence of addiction, I suddenly felt like a druggie looking for a fix. So I have tried other prescriptions to help (Cymbalta, Gabapentin, Lyrica) which are not nearly as helpful and have more side effects for me. I'm going to have a serious discussion with my doctor about going back to tramadol and getting off these other pills. Can't wait to see how that works out.

Keefe

I have a lot of joint and nerve pain. At the beginning, I was given tramadol to take with Tylenol. And it worked pretty well. But then the powers that be decided that tramadol was a narcotic. After a year of being on it with no issues, no evidence of addiction, I suddenly felt like a druggie looking for a fix. So I have tried other prescriptions to help (Cymbalta, Gabapentin, Lyrica) which are not nearly as helpful and have more side effects for me. I'm going to have a serious discussion with my doctor about going back to tramadol and getting off these other pills. Can't wait to see how that works out.

Ugh, what condition do you have again? I know you’ve spoken about it some previously.

I wonder if I have some sort of nerve thing. When I wear tighter pants, it sets off my back pain. I’m realizing I need to buy a lot more dress pants about 1-2 inches bigger in the waist.

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
I got no relief from Tramadol at all. It is a narcotic or very similar, but as I understand, it has been formulated in a way to reduce the incidence of physical dependency and minimize tolerance so it doesn't require increasing dosages the way regular narcotics do. It also means it doesn't work for everyone or for all pain, the way regular narcotics typically work for most everything.

I have found relief with gabapentin. I have permanent nerve damage in my right leg, actually the sensory part of the sciatic nerve is damaged so it sends constant signals like my leg is on fire, and I mean real strong pain sensations, but I have reduced or no sensation in the leg and all the way half-way up my torso. It is weird because it makes a clean straight line up my back and abdomen of sensation on the left and no sensation on the right, so weird. But gabapentin minimizes the burning sensations and helps calm the restless leg. I find it to be a god-send for me in that regard, and it has a minor effect on my upper neck and back pain from my surgeries which is a small bonus. I take a relatively high dose (600 mg 3x per day), but gabapentin can go much higher in dosage and has almost a linear affect on most symptoms it is treating. Cymbalta and lyrica are supposed to work somewhat similar to gabapentin I believe, but did nothing for me at all. But man am I glad I got on gabapentin. I really feel it when I run out, or even if I miss a dose.

Crazy the crap that can happen to our bodies over our lifetimes. And how fragile we really are. It is a good thing we developed a big brain because we can't even survive naked and afraid for 21 days in nature.

Last edited:

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
Ugh, what condition do you have again? I know you’ve spoken about it some previously.

I wonder if I have some sort of nerve thing. When I wear tighter pants, it sets off my back pain. I’m realizing I need to buy a lot more dress pants about 1-2 inches bigger in the waist.
I can't remember if you talked about it, but how have you recovered from your surgery? Doing ok?