What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
My wife is looking at getting a part-time job with the local school district as para-professional support staff. In the application process they requested high school transcripts. She provided her diploma, but transcripts? For a part-time role? Who the hell has their high school transcripts at hand 30 years later? Especially funny because they told her at the hiring even that like everyone else they are having a hard time finding people so she was basically hired and just had to complete an application as a formality. Another level of funny is that one of the people running the program has been one of my wife's closest friends for the past 6 years we have been in Cali. Ok then.

So she called and told them that she had attached her diploma and they said, great, just give us your transcripts and you're good to go! So now she is jumping through hoops with the state of Washington to get 36 year old high school transcripts. For a part-time job. That she already provided a copy of her diploma (and her degree, don't forget that, she has a college degree) for. But they just can't hire her until she comes up with her transcripts. She found out the state of Washington have only digitized the past 25 years of transcripts or so, and they had to go to the archives to find hers. So it could be a 2-week wait. So we have been digging through boxes to find them in the garage, as we are sure we have a copy somewhere.

For a part-time job, that they are having a hard time filling with enough people to support the needs of the schools. And she can start immediately! As soon as we have those transcripts.

But we can't trust a diploma, has to be the full transcripts.

Good hell. I get reminded every day how ****ing stupid our government is, in all facets, and at all levels.

I dont even know what high school transcripts are never even heard of those? What info do they contain? What classes she took and whatnot? Are they basically just report cards?
That is so weird

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
I dont even know what high school transcripts are never even heard of those? What info do they contain? What classes she took and whatnot? Are they basically just report cards?
That is so weird

Yeah they are the basic record of classes and grade, for each year of high school. Like all of the end of year report cards we used to get. In college it makes more sense as prospective employers might want to see what kinds of classes you took and what your grades were on classes the employer thinks are important. But high school? I get that it is just their basic requirement, but it is a stupid thing to delay hiring on imho.

Gameface

Stand With Ukraine
Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
That is so weird

It's what "they" meant whenever they told you that it would go on you permanent record.

Keefe

Welcome to my life of stretching every morning for an hour just to tie your shoelaces....

edit

In other news the ongoing issues complicating my affairs are in a holding pattern, who knows what will go on with that. Pretty sure I'll be the last person to know.

Yep, I do a stretching routine every morning and then a core strengthening routine to follow.