What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

When the flavors for things, sno cones in particular this time, aren't named after the actual flavor. Names like Zombie Virus, Zombie Anti-Virus, Brain Freeze, etc .... don't help me in deciding what I want.
Been to a dispensary lately? I hadn’t smoked weed in approx 30 years and am getting back into it. There are so many names of strains and mediums to consume it’s mind boggling. Thankfully the young lady at the weed store got me up to speed for the most part.

The Hope of America pageant performance thing that happens every year in Utah. Not sure if its national or not. 5th graders wasting probably 20 hours of school time to learn an hour's worth of indoctrinating songs about how the USA is the best and every other country is ****. They all felt a little like Hitler's youth songs. Then the parents have to sit through a painfully long hour performance. Just the stupidest thing ever.

You know you can drop them off at a firehouse, no questions asked. I'd start with telling them this. Tell them that is what happened to their oldest sibling. It might make them think twice.

That’s funny as hell.

I frequently remind them that of the other 7 people living in my house, I only chose one of them.
Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

One of my neighbors has decided to take it upon themselves to create a neighborhood directory. She has handed out a 2 page info sheet that she wants filled out (names of everyone living in the house, dates of birth, ages, etc) and then wants to take a picture of each family standing in front of their house. We recently had a neighbor who's house caught on fire and this person thinks it would be good for everyone to have this info.

I have lived in this house for 25+ years, know the neighbors I want to know and we have each other's contact info. Nobody needs to know who lives under my roof, what their ages are or their birthdays. Certainly nobody needs a pic of me standing in front of my house.

I have told her I am not interested but she is relentless.

One of my neighbors has decided to take it upon themselves to create a neighborhood directory. She has handed out a 2 page info sheet that she wants filled out (names of everyone living in the house, dates of birth, ages, etc) and then wants to take a picture of each family standing in front of their house. We recently had a neighbor who's house caught on fire and this person thinks it would be good for everyone to have this info.

I have lived in this house for 25+ years, know the neighbors I want to know and we have each other's contact info. Nobody needs to know who lives under my roof, what their ages are or their birthdays. Certainly nobody needs a pic of me standing in front of my house.

I too would say no

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

That would be a hard pass from me as well.

The Hope of America pageant performance thing that happens every year in Utah. Not sure if its national or not. 5th graders wasting probably 20 hours of school time to learn an hour's worth of indoctrinating songs about how the USA is the best and every other country is ****. They all felt a little like Hitler's youth songs. Then the parents have to sit through a painfully long hour performance. Just the stupidest thing ever.

Somebody should have told this little **** about the Russian winter, would have taken the pep right out of him.

Im guessing she's an annoying church type?

Two ways to handle this really, tell her point blank to **** off and its none of her business, in fact you're a little creeped out by it.

Or!

Ask her if she like you and your wife are into the lifestyle.

Where was she the night of the fire? She sounds ******* crazy.

I've been meaning to post this one for years.

FoodSaver

I've owned several different FoodSaver models over the years. I replace them thinking that this new one must fix the issues of previous models. Usually they are worse.

So all of them basically force you to waste your expensive bag roll. Not one I've owned makes it easy to seal close to where the contents are wet or not. My current model for some ****ing reason needs you to press on both sides of the device to start the vacuum, so you have to press two spots about 14" apart. Why? Is this akin to launching nuclear missiles? No, it just means that you cant hold the bag and press the button at the same time. It's not easy to press, either. If you were to just press both sides the foodsaver will slide across the counter. So not only do you have to press in two spots 14" apart but you have to hold the foodsaver down so it doesn't slide. So you can't easily control where it will seal the bag so you have to use 2-3" extra bag to make it work right.

I could keep going with trying to seal even slightly moist food but I'm done. I will never buy another food saver. I will buy a vacuum sealer but it will not be a foodsaver model ever again.

People who insist on having phone conversations on speaker phone. And then blaring their music from the speaker on the phone. Buy some damn headphones.

Yeah a few people sit in the break room at work and watch movies or have loud conversations on their phone's speaker. I seriously want to get them a $20 set of earbuds just so they stop annoying me.

People who insist on having phone conversations on speaker phone. And then blaring their music from the speaker on the phone. Buy some damn headphones.

This.
People will be watching a movie or listening to a blog in the break room with their phone turned up so everyone in the break room has to listen as well.
Dicks

Yeah a few people sit in the break room at work and watch movies or have loud conversations on their phone's speaker. I seriously want to get them a $20 set of earbuds just so they stop annoying me.
Do it!

Got the 2nd covid-19 shot today. Feel like I got run over by a truck.