What's new

Stupid Pet Peeves

Agreed.

Not the same as a rice and bean burrito with a little meat easter egg hunt side quest, but along the lines of the asada at Betos/Rancheritos, they put that **** on a flat top and get it hot and juicy before they serve it to you. I went to a *****ly Mexican place recently called Maria's Mexican Grill, the one on the east side. I waited about 2-3 minutes for someone to come over with my water and chips and salsa, which is great. When they dropped it off they took my order which was three street tacos, Chicken, Asada, Al Pastor. Seriously less than one minute after that the lady was setting my plate on the table. Instead of Chicken they gave me Carnitas. All the meet was dry and barely above room temp. The Asada and Carnitas had next to no seasoning on them at all and the Al Pastor was cut into these little dog food looking niblets and was coated in what was clearly a packet of dry seasoning. It was clear that every single thing on my plate was scooped out of little warmer bins (that were too cold) and nothing was prepared fresh. Worst Mexican food I've had in years.
**** them.

I kid you not, pastor done right is the ****ing food of the gods. I could drown in that **** and die a happy man.

Parked in my car park at my flat, think the ****ing genius that did it was after my neighbours car (all his tyres are slashed) and did mine by mistake. ****ing ****
That sucks bad. Funny if it was like he starts slashing your tires and his partner in crime was like "No, you ****ing ****, not that car, this one!"

That sucks bad. Funny if it was like he starts slashing your tires and his partner in crime was like "No, you ****ing ****, not that car, this one!"

Im guessing that's exactly what happened, my neighbour is a drug dealer, haven't seen him in a couple of weeks, guessing he's locked up and owes people money.

**** like this happens you have 4 or more kids. The give a **** factor decreases.

Meh. Not for me. I give a **** more when **** like this starts up and make it known they better stop and behave their little butts off. Obviously four is tougher than three but it’s not like I’m dealing with 1-2 kids. In short, I can’t rationalize ******** behavior.

I drove from Salt Lake to Vegas today. I think I passed more people on the right than on the left.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz
This is the american way.

1. Get on the freeway.
2. Go as far left as possible.
3. Stay there until 1/4 mile before your exit - getting pissed off at everyone that comes up behind you and flashes their lights then passed you on the right with the audacity to actually *gasp* get in front of you!
4. Once you see your actual exit off-ramp, force your way through traffic to get off barely in time.
6. Profit

People who brag about their state's unpredictable weather. I've lived in 7 states so far and in every state there are people who think they have the craziest weather. "That Indiana weather, never know what you are going to get. One day it's nice, the next day it's rainy. " Uh, that's just called weather.

People who brag about their state's unpredictable weather. I've lived in 7 states so far and in every state there are people who think they have the craziest weather. "That Indiana weather, never know what you are going to get. One day it's nice, the next day it's rainy. " Uh, that's just called weather.
There are places with generally more consistently good weather, like many parts of California.

Places like Kansas, Missouri, and to a lesser extent Indiana do have weather than can and often does change in an instant. From sun to baseball sized hail or tornados in minutes.

People should not brag about this. This is one thing that makes those places awful. That would be like bragging that you have Crohn's Disease.

You have Crohn's Disease you say?

oh-impressive-julius-cain.gif

There are places with generally more consistently good weather, like many parts of California.

Places like Kansas, Missouri, and to a lesser extent Indiana do have weather than can and often does change in an instant. From sun to baseball sized hail or tornados in minutes.

People should not brag about this. This is one thing that makes those places awful. That would be like bragging that you have Crohn's Disease.

For what it's worth Colorado had the craziest weather of any place I've lived. A combination of the altitude, having the great plains to the East and Rocky's to the west, created some crazy weather. Also dry places have larger temperature swings than humid places. Indiana would be middle of the pack for places I've lived.

Relatedly it bugs me when my news App has news stories about snow storms, like they are news worthy. It's called winter in a large portion of the United States.

One person's awful is another person's interesting. How long has it been since there was a serious drought in Kansas, Missouri, Indiana, or Illinois?

Whenever I am watching a basketball game and hear "that will get the crowd going" or something in that sense. Like you need to be entertained to make you cheer for your team. I grew up following mostly european soccer where it's obvious that you support your team during the match no matter how they play and even more when they're losing.

Okay this one is up there with the stupidest pet peeves I have but here it goes.

So I like sausage McMuffins. Not Sausage and egg, just the plain sausage with cheese and a muffin. Sometimes I make them at home with those frozen sausage patties, some muffins and cheese. But sometimes I buy frozen sausage biscuits or whatever to save some time. Thing is you can buy a sausage biscuit with no cheese or you can buy a sausage egg and cheese biscuit. Sometimes I buy the sausage egg and cheese ones and then take the frozen egg puck off and throw it away and sometimes I also buy sliced cheese and put that on after it's cooked. These do not cook well at all with egg in them. The egg stays frozen well after the sausage is turned to leather.

So that's it. I just wish they made a frozen sausage and cheese biscuit. So yeah, it's a pretty big deal.

Okay this one is up there with the stupidest pet peeves I have but here it goes.

So I like sausage McMuffins. Not Sausage and egg, just the plain sausage with cheese and a muffin. Sometimes I make them at home with those frozen sausage patties, some muffins and cheese. But sometimes I buy frozen sausage biscuits or whatever to save some time. Thing is you can buy a sausage biscuit with no cheese or you can buy a sausage egg and cheese biscuit. Sometimes I buy the sausage egg and cheese ones and then take the frozen egg puck off and throw it away and sometimes I also buy sliced cheese and put that on after it's cooked. These do not cook well at all with egg in them. The egg stays frozen well after the sausage is turned to leather.

So that's it. I just wish they made a frozen sausage and cheese biscuit. So yeah, it's a pretty big deal.
Just make a bunch and wrap them in paper and throws them in a tupperware container and freeze them. Same with breakfast burritos (these warm up fine w eggs). They stay good for about a month until they don't warm up as well.

Frozen egg pucks are always awful. At Mcds I always ask for a fresh egg instead of the nasty premade and warmed scrambled squares. Store bought frozen rice based entrees are also awful.

Lol yep.

In at least 3 different places I have lived, Washington State, Reno NV and now California, the locals told us exactly the same thing "one thing about living in X, if you don't like the weather just wait 5 minutes". Hilarious.

Everyone wants to feel like the place they live is special. I guess that's one way to do it.

This is the american way.

1. Get on the freeway.
2. Go as far left as possible.
3. Stay there until 1/4 mile before your exit - getting pissed off at everyone that comes up behind you and flashes their lights then passed you on the right with the audacity to actually *gasp* get in front of you!
4. Once you see your actual exit off-ramp, force your way through traffic to get off barely in time.
6. Profit

So the day after I made that post we drove from Vegas to Long Beach for our cruise. Yesterday we drove the whole way home. How in the hell do people actually drive in SoCal everyday? 10:00 on a Saturday morning and over an hour long delay? And even better…no wrecks or anything. Just an hour to go 6 or 7 miles. On I15. WTF?!?
And the entire way until we hit Nevada we had assholes going under the speed limit in the left lane. Middle of nowhere California and we couldn’t even hit the speed limit because of these assholes. Holy ****, I couldn’t live there and have to drive in that place. The next time I drive in California will be never if I have anything to say about it.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz