What's new

Summer 2015: FIBA games of Utah Jazz players

Looks like France steamrolled Serbia and Gobert seemed to have one of his better games (didn't watch).

15 points, 14 rebounds, and 3 blocked shots. 3/7 from the FT line though :(
Hell ya, nice bounce back

Spain has faced all the best teams to win the tournement so credit to them. But I didn't like the refereeing in their last two games. Gasol has been monumental all the tournement but I don't like his attitude to accentuate all the little contacts and asking for a foul at every shot that he misses putting continuous pressure on the referees. He is a extraordinary player and he does not need gits from the referees.
Today Valanciunas went in foul trouble very early and the chances for Lithuania to make a come back have diminished.

Anyway the tournement has been entertaining to watch.
Anyone noticed players with Nba potential?
In my opinion...Satoransky, Alessandro Gentile, Waczynski and Mindaugas Kuzminskas.

Last edited:
Spain has faced all the best teams to win the tournement so credit to them. But I didn't like the refereeing in their last two games. Gasol has been monumental all the tournement but I don't like his attitude to accentuate all the little contacts and asking for a foul at every shot that he misses putting continuous pressure on the referees. He is a extraordinary player and he does not need gits from the referees.
Today Valanciunas went in foul trouble very early and the chances for Lithuania to make a come back have diminished.

Anyway the tournement has been entertaining to watch.
Anyone noticed players with Nba potential?
In my opinion...Satoransky, Alessandro Gentile, Waczynski and Mindaugas Kuzminskas.

Satoransky definitely. Sounds like plan is for him to come over to Wizards in 16/17. I like Gentile for the most part as well. Rights held by Rockets. Kuzminskas kind of doubt it with him. A guy who really helped himself if he wants to give NBA try again is Vesely. Fes also looked like he might give the NBA try again as well.

lol. This team never gets credit. Last 4 major competitions they made to semifinals, won silver in last Eurobasket, yet some folks think they overachieving. Check FIBA rankings after this competition and see where Lithuania is ranked.

Repeat. This Lithuanian team definitely overachieved by getting to the finals. They were barely beating teams they should have dominated earlier in the tournament and getting beat by one of them.

Congrats to Spain. They looked shaky early on, perhaps due to their easy preparation schedule, but played big time when it counted. To bad the final was so lopsided, but very good tournament overall.

Repeat. This Lithuanian team definitely overachieved by getting to the finals. They were barely beating teams they should have dominated earlier in the tournament and getting beat by one of them.

Sounds like they just underachieved early.

Reactions: MVP

LOL. So whats good from Croatia if they beat some good teams early yet lost by 30 to Czech Republic in playoffs. And 3 teams from Lithuania group made to top 8 so maybe that group was not as bad as you guys think. Everybody can play now....
Again my point is that Lithuania is perennial basketball powerhouse since they started competing as independent country in 1992m no matter what roster they assemble they usually compete for medals ( with few exceptions) - should not be call overachievers after 20+ years of being one of the top 3 teams in Europe. Spain, France, Lithuania.... name me other team who won more in last 20 years?
And Spain lost twice in group stage...point in tournaments like that is to peak when it matters.

Gobert not even the tallest guy on French team.

CKhPrI2XAAAHfOE.jpg

Ajinca would make a good back up center for the Jazz. Played very well down the stretch.