What's new

Summer League Thread

He looks like an NBA player... as long as his maturity is not a problem.
That was always the question mark. . . but it’s worth the risk at #28. He’s a lottery talent that wasn’t mentally or emotion ready for the moment. . . but physically he’s pretty damn solid. I’d have taken him.

That was always the question mark. . . but it’s worth the risk at #28. He’s a lottery talent that wasn’t mentally or emotion ready for the moment. . . but physically he’s pretty damn solid. I’d have taken him.
He’s elite physically. People lost their damn minds. Like, everyone is really impressed with themselves for thinking a 6’ 10” dude that moves like that is meh.

Just noticed that Keegan Murray was playing in the Summer League..

Didn’t he just played in the playoffs?

Just catching up on the other games. GG played well, good for him. Especially impressed by his defensive effort. If he’s going to have a career he’s got to apply himself on that end.

JHS….looking slow as hell out there. Had a little bit more success going to the rim but he’s just not an athlete. No burst, no elevation. Hard way to make a living.

Jaime - Good at basketball

Miller had a much better second half after being in comatose during the first half. He’ll be fine….but he might just be “fine” at the end the of the day.

Totally agreed. So happy we got Keyonte.

I think the biggest thing with JHS is that he looks the part. Definitely has an NBA body frame wise, but I think that has led people to believe he is a better athlete than he is.

I think the biggest thing with JHS is that he looks the part. Definitely has an NBA body frame wise, but I think that has led people to believe he is a better athlete than he is.
In this day and age I think you need to at least be able to create separation … very tough league to be in if you can’t unless you’re an elite shooter and/ or passer.

The ease with which George got separation versus JHS struggling helped me feel pretty good about our choice. I did see some of the passing/ game management stuff though. Seems like a heady player… just not sure it will matter if he can’t shoot and can’t put a bunch of pressure on the paint.

The ease with which George got separation versus JHS struggling helped me feel pretty good about our choice. I did see some of the passing/ game management stuff though. Seems like a heady player… just not sure it will matter if he can’t shoot and can’t put a bunch of pressure on the paint.

I think JHS will ultimately find his way, especially if the defense is good. There are some mixed reviews from people who watched way more film on his defense than myself. But I didn't see the high potential that others saw in him because of his inability to get to the basket. I think he can "give out work" as @Tony Jones would say, but stars do more than take what the defense gives them and actually put stress on the defense. I feel like Keyonte has the tools to stress the defense at the rim, 3 point line, and get to the FT line which gives him that star upside.

Keyonte will have higher peaks and valleys....although I'm not certain that is entirely true. JHS had as many abysmal shooting games as anyone. Visually he's much more in control than Keyonte at this point though I'll give him that.

He was putting pressure on the paint though. Separation wasn't great, but he was getting to his spots. He has a great change of pace handle that will help him negate some of his weaknesses

He was putting pressure on the paint though. Separation wasn't great, but he was getting to his spots. He has a great change of pace handle that will help him negate some of his weaknesses
At times he got to his spots but he got to walled off a few times. The shot doesn’t look great right now… I see a potentially solid player someday if those things get smoothed out but I don’t see some high upside guy.