What's new

Summer League Thread

Yeah, I think at some point the quality of prospects drops to a level where the risk of betting on them is higher than the risk of betting on a super talented player, even if he's raw and/or has attitude/off-field issues. You just have to take the talented guy and try to get him straight.
The issue is that when you know a prospect is going to get picked past the 40s it's hard to have much faith they will make it. Teams just generally give you less shots.

Just catching up on the other games. GG played well, good for him. Especially impressed by his defensive effort. If he’s going to have a career he’s got to apply himself on that end.

JHS….looking slow as hell out there. Had a little bit more success going to the rim but he’s just not an athlete. No burst, no elevation. Hard way to make a living.

Jaime - Good at basketball

Miller had a much better second half after being in comatose during the first half. He’ll be fine….but he might just be “fine” at the end the of the day.
Lmfao

I think kqwin had him ranked higher than you... for whatever it's worth...

I think I had him above 28 on my final board. It was just a wild….two weeks? When people were saying he was a top 5 pick or whatever and then completely folded. My opinion of him didn’t really change much overtime.

And for the record I still feel the same way. I do not think he has a chance in hell to be a play initiator type in the NBA. If he transitions to being a role player I could see it. His shooting/ability to coatrack closeouts could get him somewhere.

I do not think he has a chance in hell to be a play initiator type in the NBA. If he transitions to being a role player I could see it.
So these two sentences don’t actually work with each other. This feels like revision, because the second point is one I made about a dozen times and you would just talk about what a worthless talentless loser he is. Your takes were wildly dismissive.

So these two sentences don’t actually work with each other. This feels like revision, because the second point is one I made about a dozen times and you would just talk about what a worthless talentless loser he is. Your takes were wildly dismissive.

You can go back and read all of my posts. I’ve been consistent on this. I never bought into the play initiation, dribble step back fading away stuff. To me that didn’t show talent because I don’t believe it will ever work in the NBA. I still feel that way and haven’t changed….especially not for one summer league game haha.

I have also been saying his glimmer of hope is to turn into a role player and utilize those skill sets. If you made the same point, show me where I dismissed it. What I did dismiss is this idea that he has superstar potential because he happens to have some highlights that make him look like a superstar.

I have no idea how those two sentences don’t work with each other. One is the dismissal of the superstar ****. The other is an alternative path, which specifically acknowledges that he can’t make it the superstar way.

You can go back and read all of my posts. I’ve been consistent on this. I never bought into the play initiation, dribble step back fading away stuff. To me that didn’t show talent because I don’t believe it will ever work in the NBA. I still feel that way and haven’t changed….especially not for one summer league game haha.

I have also been saying his glimmer of hope is to turn into a role player and utilize those skill sets. If you made the same point, show me where I dismissed it. What I did dismiss is this idea that he has superstar potential because he happens to have some highlights that make him look like a superstar.

I have no idea how those two sentences don’t work with each other. One is the dismissal of the superstar ****. The other is an alternative path, which specifically acknowledges that he can’t make it the superstar way.
The words in your second sentence appear to say that he has a chance in hell at being a play initiator and your first sentence says the opposite.

The words in your second sentence appear to say that he has a chance in hell at being a play initiator and your first sentence says the opposite.

Oh lol, well that is definitely a typo my bad. Let me make this clear. I think he has NO chance in hell to become a big time initiator.

lmao, we would post a clip of GG doing some insane footwork move that he missed the shot and Kqwin would be like "this is worthless because he missed the shot, no talent".

Now the clips where GG did make the insane dribble combo step back....yeah I do think that's worthless when you realize he's making 25% of those shots. I'll stand by that. I do not care how cool something looks if it happens to lead to abysmal offense. You don't have to invent fake scenarios, I've said these things over and over for months and I'm saying them again because I believe in them.

What I did find promising is his shooting numbers, specifically his spot up shooting, and I think @Ferguson_Mellochill had some fair points about him being a much more defensive minded player before SCarolina.

People seem to agree with me this is what happened.

What say you @Ferguson_Mellochill ?

You can ask your conspiracy theory buddy, or you can prove it lol. Are you guys still under the belief that DX had it out for GG?

I said my peace on GG. If all the crazy dribble moves lead to **** offense, I do think it's worthless. I just said it again in this thread. I've probably said it 100 times in the draft thread. If GG makes it, he will not make it in the superstar mold that people were gushing about.

You can ask your conspiracy theory buddy, or you can prove it lol. Are you guys still under the belief that DX had it out for GG?

I said my peace on GG. If all the crazy dribble moves lead to **** offense, I do think it's worthless. I just said it again in this thread. I've probably said it 100 times in the draft thread. If GG makes it, he will not make it in the superstar mold that people were gushing about.
lmao, you gave up trying to gaslight us pretty quickly.

I’m not going to necro-bump the draft thread right now but with hindsight (of how the draft order played out) I would’ve drafted Cason with the first pick (trading down or not), Whitmore with the second, and GG with the third.

(Cason is there to balance out the knuckle-headedness and bridge to the good of the culture that’s here)

lmao, you gave up trying to gaslight us pretty quickly.

You literally made up a fake scenario in your head. I'm telling you that even if your fake scenario is better (as in GG actually made the shot) it doesn't matter to me because I know how often those shots actually go in. You're acting like it's a bad thing to consider the rate at which a shot goes in is a bad thing.

You caught me, I do care about the amount of times a shot goes in.