What's new

Summer League Thread

FYI -- I'm overreacting to summer league with GG Jackson because it's part of my schtick. He's got a long road to actually get playing time on a team as deep as Memphis.

One of the prospects that I thought was similarish to GG was Ziaire Williams. Now that they're on the same team, it will be interesting to see how that pecking order shapes out. MEM has so many guys. Santi, Roddy, Ziaire, Laravia, Konchar.....It would be hard for any rookie to break into MEM's rotation. The G-League will be good for GG....but it will test his commitment. Playing well in the G-League as a leading player isn't the same as cracking an NBA rotation so he will have to focus on doing the right things.

Trey Lyles was amazing in Summer League after his rookie season. Also, Deron Williams was complete *** in his first Summer League.

I have 2006 RMR games recorded on video tapes where D-Will was so good they shut him down early (it was his 2nd year).

They weren't. It was literally a made up scenario by Cy . If I made up a scenario about you, can I then say you are gaslighting me if you said that wasn't true?

That's also not how Cy is using that term anyways lol. This is a direct quote:

We have a disagreement on the value of GG's shot creation. It's not about remembering or not remembering if this made up scenario was actually real. I don't consider GG's shot creation great "talent" because it doesn't amount to good offense. I would say something similar about Clowney's 3 point shooting, for example. I love Noah Clowney, but I am definitely not calling him a talented shooter because he happed to take a bunch of 3's and shot poorly. I think people can have disagreements on what constitutes talent without it being gaslighting.
images.jpeg

Can't remember a summer league game with this many shots falling. Everyone is on fire, sheeeesh.

GG's spot up jumper is really clean, definitely his most compelling skill. I wonder who could have told you that months ago.