What's new

Summer Poker League 2016

You don't understand anything in a normal way.

I thought it was a joke similar to "sausage fest". I thought GF was saying that you didn't need to be on JFC or someone's bro to go to the card night -- but instead of making a reference to sausage, he made a joke about yogurt flinging. FML I'm sick.

I emailed back and fourth with Gustavo a bit and we're gonna meet tomorrow to get this solidified.

The 21st of May is the confirmed first game. So plan on that.

He had an interesting idea from his last league. The league players would vote on when to have the next game. Obviously within the next calendar month, but the specific weekend was up for a vote. Thoughts on that?

I also think we're gonna have a deadline of May 9th to pay the league buy-in. Past that date and it's first to pay gets in. Before that date and everyone who's indicated interest has a saved spot. We want to have all league players paid before the first game.

If there are empty seats non-league players can fill them. Since there is nothing withheld from the tournaments for the league winners it'll be pretty straight forward for them, just like any other tournament.

I'll have a few more details tomorrow.

Is anybody going to explain the Dannon connection?

Yeah, it's simple.

I hosted poker tournaments through Jazzfanz and fishonjazz came to a couple of them. He mentioned he worked at Dannon and that they pay well and have good benefits. I asked him if I could use him as a reference when I applied. He said yes. I applied and got hired there. A lot of the people on my shift (swing shift) hang out occasionally going out bowling, to a bar, night fishing, house parties, etc. So I invited several of those people to the last poker game and a few of them came. Also, my new(ish) boss happens to be crazy for poker and he came as well, so about half the players were from Dannon and about half were from Jazzfanz.

It'll be my boss and me organizing and hosting the poker league.

I just want to throw out there that this is not really an exclusive thing. You don't have to be on Jazzfanz or work at Dannon to be in this league. If any of you know anyone who might be interested or someone who's been a +1 before might be interested, send them my way.

If you need extra players for any game let me know. TBH, I only show up to support the community and you. A couple times I showed up after having an average of 2 hours of sleep per night for a week.

I always have a great time and never regret it, but I'm so damn busy all the time that committing to something like this is hard.

Anyway, if it's flexible and you need a seat I'd love to come but I can't do a league.

If you need extra players for any game let me know. TBH, I only show up to support the community and you. A couple times I showed up after having an average of 2 hours of sleep per night for a week.

I always have a great time and never regret it, but I'm so damn busy all the time that committing to something like this is hard.

Anyway, if it's flexible and you need a seat I'd love to come but I can't do a league.

Awesome. I will.

I understand.

So I should have time to get out the final details and be ready to start accepting league buy-in tomorrow. But I have a couple other things going on so I might slack off a bit and be ready on Monday.

May 9th will be the due date for league buy-ins. That doesn't mean you can't buy-in afterwards, but it does mean that if you've committed right now, but don't pay the buy-in by the 9th that anyone else who pays the buy-in before you will get what's left of the available seats.

The goal is to have 20 league members. It will be preferable to have the league buy-in paid and all 20 spots filled before the first game.

Anyway, final details tomorrow or very soon thereafter. But for anyone following along, what I've outlined is still the outline.

So no final details just yet. Will happen soon (tomorrow).

I don't have a solid number but my fuzzy number is that there are more than 14 and less than 18 people who have verbally committed. Still some room if you're interested.

Gustavo mentioned that in his last league if players couldn't make it to a game they often bought-in anyway so that they would get some points for that game.

The way that would work would be that you pay the buy-in and then you get a stack of chips. Cards will be dealt to the empty stack and then immediately folded. The empty stack cannot win a hand, even if all-in. Blinds will be taken from the stack when they come around. He said it's common for the empty stack to last longer than at least a few players, and the points awarded to the player will be however far the empty stack goes.

Can I paypal you the entry fee?

Yes, I can accept entry fees via paypal. Anyone choosing to do that, please make sure I know who it's coming from before you send it and I will confirm when I get it.

Summer Poker League 2016

20 players

$50 league buy-in

6 Tournaments, one per month May-Oct

Best 5 scores count towards total, lowest score dropped.

$20 Tournament Buy-in

Top-5 Points earners paid: 1st 50%, 2nd 20%, 3rd 15%, 4th 10%, 5th 5%

Saturday evening games

First game May 21st In Daybreak neighborhood.

League buy-in due before 1st game. First to pay gets in, league spots cannot be held.

If interested please contact me vie email (jaredbyoung@gmail.com), PM or in person.

Please ask if you have any questions!

The email above can be used to pay via paypal, but please contact me before sending payment.

There are three players who are bought-into the league:
Gustavo
Me
Siro

17 spots available.

While I mention spots will not be held, that applies after the 9th for anyone who has specifically indicated that they intend to participate. So please don't be concerned if you cannot pay right away. If paying by the 9th will be a problem please just contact me. If you're someone who has participated in several of the poker games I've hosted we can work something out.

Can I paypal you the entry fee?

Only if you agree to get way stoned and say more than 3 words at the table next time.

Highlight of last game:

Siro: You're franklin?
Me: yeah
Siro: I thought you would be 50 years old...

I don't know why but random thoughts make me laugh.

Reminder, league buy-ins have started! Please pay or contact me by the 9th in order to secure your spot.