What's new

Super-Big Lineup

Honestly I'd be more interested to see if Hayward can play spot minutes at the 4. Experiment with Exum, Burks, Hood, Hayward, Gobert for short stretches.

Or favors in that lineup. They could switch the entire floor defensively, and play extremely fast. They would be pretty damn great in transition.

Yep.

I look at Lyles stature and, with some P3 work, could totally see him playing the 3. He's not slow and if he can improve his latera; quickness some, would have a length advantage on any 3 not named Durant. In short, I think his body lends itself better to the 3 than it does the 4 where he can get bodied down low quite easily. On offense, like others have said, he wouldn't really have any advantage. And that I suppose is one of the biggest things holding us back. Favors lack of floor spacing.

He can play the 3 on offense but not on defense and I could never see him playing the 3 successfully except in spot minutes and you would have to go Zone. He lacks the lateral quickness. He is kinda a tweener but that's not so much of a knock on a player as it used to be. Some are just plain ball players and not defined by a position.

That's what I'm hoping. The kid is super young and has some swag to him. If he can legit get quicker on both ends of the court, he could be a sick guard at the 3. Espcially when we have Qi dropping bombs at the 4.

Lateral quicknbess is one of the things that doesn't really change on a player.. Players can get stronger and develop a jumper but get quicker? Doesn't usually happen unless they were overweight and shredded some pouinds off. In Lyles case he needs to get stronger. Sometimes I question if you even know anything about hoops, Honestly not trying to be mean and all but I am wondering.

Or favors in that lineup. They could switch the entire floor defensively, and play extremely fast. They would be pretty damn great in transition.

For spot minutes yes it would be fun to watch but they would have to rebound as a team. Hayward would get owned on the glass by a lot of 4s. aslong as he boxed his guy out though and the guards and wing rebounded then it could work in small doses

Are u not the one who negged me during the season for this? Maybe it was [MENTION=1988]Stoked[/MENTION]

I can promise you it wasn't me [MENTION=4486]Boris[/MENTION]. I don't neg.

Did it once early in my posting history and decided not to do so again. Any possible neg since then, if there are any, was a mistake and was meant to be a pos rep.

You could do this, but making your SF 6'10" instead of 6'8" isn't a big deal, unless your 6'10" player is really special. It's more important that your wings be quick and explosive rather than just big.

The problem with switching Gobert out for favors in that lineup is that once a wing comes out you're probably going to want to replace him with a big and the center, be it Favs or Rudy, is going to have to come out at the same time or soon after. Favors/Lyles lets us keep our foot on the offensive gas pedal more than Gobert/Lyles. I think going 4 wings with Rudy and then bringing in Favs and Lyles may allow us to put the defense on their heels for a longer stretch.

Both DL and Quin have stated that Lyles is more likely to play 5 than 3. I don't see it... he doesn't have the lateral quickness to defend most 3s in the league.