What's new

Super-Big Lineup

Keefe

Exum
Hood/Hayward
Lyles
Favors
Gobert

Possible? If Lyles has in fact gotten stronger, can he play some 3?

I don't think strength is going to be the issue with Lyles. The question will always be if he has the speed and lateral quickness to guard 3's in the NBA. I think his better role is as a stretch 4, where he becomes harder to defend on the perimeter - especially with his ability to drive or pass the ball.

Exum
Hood/Hayward
Lyles
Favors
Gobert

Possible? If Lyles has in fact gotten stronger, can he play some 3?
I think Lyles could play some three but be prepared to get bashed.
Triple k brought up the idea and got shredded for it

I think Lyles is only a three in spot situations.

Think about how big the lineup is without lyles though, or with lyles in place of favors. Still big at every position excepting the Small Forward and Hayward is by no means below average size for a 3 man.

We have length and strength at every position, and can switch so much.

When we have lyles and Favors on the floor at the big spots, we can pretty much switch 1-5. This team is going to be an awesome defensive team for a long time.

Yes and we learned just how hungry Randle is. Lol. Where'd he go?
Did randle play the three in college? Is randle a great three point shooter?

No and no, but don't u remember that year's draft thread discussion with at least 100 pages of kkk claiming he could play sf because of how hungry he was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True. And honestly his shooting at the 4 position is where his value mostly lies

I think Lyles is only a three in spot situations.

Think about how big the lineup is without lyles though, or with lyles in place of favors. Still big at every position excepting the Small Forward and Hayward is by no means below average size for a 3 man.

We have length and strength at every position, and can switch so much.

When we have lyles and Favors on the floor at the big spots, we can pretty much switch 1-5. This team is going to be an awesome defensive team for a long time.

Yep.

I look at Lyles stature and, with some P3 work, could totally see him playing the 3. He's not slow and if he can improve his latera; quickness some, would have a length advantage on any 3 not named Durant. In short, I think his body lends itself better to the 3 than it does the 4 where he can get bodied down low quite easily. On offense, like others have said, he wouldn't really have any advantage. And that I suppose is one of the biggest things holding us back. Favors lack of floor spacing.

I think Lyles could play some three but be prepared to get bashed.
Triple k brought up the idea and got shredded for it

I think he could play the 3 but it doesnt make any sense. We already have a huge pacing problem because our team is slow at every position, why do we want to compound that even more by playing an average athletic PF at SF?

I think he could play the 3 but it doesnt make any sense. We already have a huge pacing problem because our team is slow at every position, why do we want to compound that even more by playing an average athletic PF at SF?
My thoughts exactly

I don't think its a terrible idea to try this lineup out, but it's definitely not a lineup you go to for long stretches of a game.

If he could reach to a Melo or KD level speed at 3 I would sacrifice hottiekay to the basketball demons.

That's what I'm hoping. The kid is super young and has some swag to him. If he can legit get quicker on both ends of the court, he could be a sick guard at the 3. Espcially when we have Qi dropping bombs at the 4.

I don't think strength is going to be the issue with Lyles. The question will always be if he has the speed and lateral quickness to guard 3's in the NBA. I think his better role is as a stretch 4, where he becomes harder to defend on the perimeter - especially with his ability to drive or pass the ball.

Favors can guard the three and Lyles the four. Kind of like how OKC keeps putting our Durant on Curry.

Honestly I'd be more interested to see if Hayward can play spot minutes at the 4. Experiment with Exum, Burks, Hood, Hayward, Gobert for short stretches.