What's new

Take Robert Upshaw

franklin

Don't know why for thread, sounds like a solid upside. Killer combine measurements. Hitching horse.

https://books.google.com/books?id=z...v=onepage&q=upshaw upshaw rah rah rah&f=false

Rah_Digga_New_Hoes.jpg

c429550886189654fbc8b0c1151b2371.jpg

632120507_3723aee893.jpg

6779.jpg

Fishon original:

tat-4-450x514.jpg

The forgotten man. Athletic freak. Measurements freak. Get him KOC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHUV54UoT9k

Not sure on him. Absolutely agree on him being a great prospect, but worried about the "character issues". Anyone know why he was kicked from both those teams? If they are past then I could see a late first for sure. If they are still cloudy then I prefer Jaiteh in around the same range.

Not sure on him. Absolutely agree on him being a great prospect, but worried about the "character issues". Anyone know why he was kicked from both those teams? If they are past then I could see a late first for sure. If they are still cloudy then I prefer Jaiteh in around the same range.

He reminds me of Robert Whaley when we took him in the 2nd round.

With #54 sounds good (nbadraft.net has him at #58). 7 feet and 260 with a late second round pick for a team that needs size off the bench seems like a no-brainer.

We should also sign Larry Sanders... He's a free agent.

FYI ups have won't go in the first round if teams are smart... You know what doesn't help guys with drug issues... Lots of money. I wouldn't draft him in the second round... We don't need a rim protector that much. There aren't just maturity issues like with whiteside. Dude has major problems. I'd pass.

FYI ups have won't go in the first round if teams are smart... You know what doesn't help guys with drug issues... Lots of money. I wouldn't draft him in the second round... We don't need a rim protector that much. There aren't just maturity issues like with whiteside. Dude has major problems. I'd pass.

lol

I'd take him in the first in a heartbeat if we didn't have Gobert. It's worth the risk.

Chad Ford said teams found out that he has major character issues at the combine.

Anybody heard anything on what these issues are? Usually if I hear this much negative junk about a guy I'm expecting assault or something, but all I've ever heard is 'violated team rules' in the reports. And I guess I just don't know what to think about that.

He sounds pretty well spoken in his interviews. I think he just like drugs and partying a little bit too much.

Anybody heard anything on what these issues are? Usually if I hear this much negative junk about a guy I'm expecting assault or something, but all I've ever heard is 'violated team rules' in the reports. And I guess I just don't know what to think about that.

He got kicked out of 2(TWO) different college teams. According to some reports one of the reasons was drug use and repeated violations of team rules(whatever that means). In an interview at the combine he said he let the big talk about him get to him and he let the crowd he was involved with influence his decisions in a bad way. He also said he was a changed man now. The problem is... he said similar things to the media 1 month before getting kicked out of Washington, too... Here's the quote: ""I made some bad choices. What happened is done and I can't change that, but I learned from it. I'm not doing it now. I'm definitely not doing it now. I'm in a better stage of my life. Basically, I just had to grow up."

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaa...led-nba-prospect-robert-upshaw-013702065.html

I am all for giving people second chances, but if we are drafting him, I'd be extremely cautious. I honestly wouldn't mind if we combined the 2 seconds for a late first and got him (if available). I think the risk is worth it and if it doesn't work out his contract is small enough for us to be able to absorb it.

lol

I'd take him in the first in a heartbeat if we didn't have Gobert. It's worth the risk.

I might consider it in the late first round if we didn't have Gobert... This is a story that seems to end the wrong way every time. This guy may get it together, but it won't be on his rookie deal.

Might be bad for team chemistry too.

I'm trying to think of the last time a guy with a serious substance abuse issue turned it around... Chris Anderson? Would likely be a distraction.

If we drafted him I'd have gobert follow him everywhere and slap the bad stuff out his hands when he is trying to use... Mutombo style in that Geico commercial.