What's new

Taking no satisfaction in being right

We shoot a fair amount of threes, but don't make them at a high percentage... good teams can take away the paint... if we shoot well we win... if not we lose.

I think shooting threes is the right call doe... we suck in mid range. We just need a few more shooters to space things out or convert the shots when teams pack it in.
I'm not sure I would describe our struggles as being against "pack-the-paint" style defenses. We struggle against elite perimeter defense. And, once we're beat on the perimeter, we can't set up our actions that generate paint points.

The blueprint for beating us is to explode our primary action on the ball. Once we start to scramble, we can be forced into a late-clock three or a highly difficult shot from Donovan. We don't seem to make either shot at a high rate.

Right so I guess Jokic gets zero credit for the Nuggets holding onto the 1/2 seed the entire year even though he lost basically every other starter at some point during the season, and at one stage had like 3/5ths of his starting lineup out.

Jokic gets zero love because he isn't flashy but the dude has been a top 10 player this season. Advanced metrics love him, his counting stats are good to great across the board, and he's been winning despite having plenty of injury excuses not to win. The only real knock on his game is defensively but even then he's improved to be decent enough on that end.
but he looks like he has really bad breath.

Until I see Jokic do something in a big playoff game that matters, I'm not sold that he is some elite player. Sure he is an all purpose big and he's valuable, but Donovan has shown that he can take games over. He was our best player as we beat a good OKC team last year and beat Houston one time even though we didn't have our PG.

Jokic is surrounded by loads of players who spread the floor for him and allow him to work. Put him on a worse scoring team, and he isn't as impactful. Put Donovan on the worst team in the NBA, and they are relevant.
Cool, dude. That's a lot of words and posturing for a dude who seems to not have watched the Nuggets play basketball.

GS built slowly but made moves and got lucky along the way...

Traded Monta for Bogut...

Signed Iggy (they struck out in a couple other guys... they weren’t a contender at this point)

Realized Green was better than David Lee and made the change to the starting lineup.

Swapped out some role players along the way and avoided making some mistakes (like trading Klay for Love)

KD and Boogie kinda fell in their lap but their original build was incremental trades and improvements as opportunities presented themselves.
And what, 2 high level picks that turned into generational talent? Incremental improvements, after winning the literally and proverbial lottery TWICE. Sounds like a good model. That's my retirement model BTW, I should be golden!

Seems more of a sweaty bad BO kinda guy to me tbh
thats-racist.gif