What's new

Taylor Hendricks Hype Thread

I think the way we've handled TH's minutes/role this season has been....odd to say the least. Whether you want to say that is what actually helped him or held him back, I don't really care. What's important that he's firmly arrived and I don't think they will pull him back once we are not tanking. Defensively, I still think I need to see more. Not in a bad way, but it's hard to tell when we're so overmatched every night. But he's very becoming the player I thought we had when we drafted him. He probably won't be a star, but there's a very strong chance he's going to be a $100 mil, 3 FRP value kind of guy. His role is simple, but valuable.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of contract Pat Williams gets this summer and also if Pat is even going to be better than TH next year.

I think the way we've handled TH's minutes/role this season has been....odd to say the least. Whether you want to say that is what actually helped him or held him back, I don't really care. What's important that he's firmly arrived and I don't think they will pull him back once we are not tanking. Defensively, I still think I need to see more. Not in a bad way, but it's hard to tell when we're so overmatched every night. But he's very becoming the player I thought we had when we drafted him. He probably won't be a star, but there's a very strong chance he's going to be a $100 mil, 3 FRP value kind of guy. His role is simple, but valuable.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of contract Pat Williams gets this summer and also if Pat is even going to be better than TH next year.
I think Williams is interesting. Its weird he doesn't shoot more threes. He also seems maybe a bit too mellow. The injuries have really sucked for him. Was gonna say Taylor is already a better shooter but Williams shoots 41% from three for his career. Just doesn't shoot enough. Not sure if its a slow shot or just not willing to let it fly.

There is just something off with Williams.

I think Williams is interesting. Its weird he doesn't shoot more threes. He also seems maybe a bit too mellow. The injuries have really sucked for him. Was gonna say Taylor is already a better shooter but Williams shoots 41% from three for his career. Just doesn't shoot enough. Not sure if its a slow shot or just not willing to let it fly.

There is just something off with Williams.

Yeah there's definitely something off about him, I feel like he should be better than he is. I'm sure some team will believe in him and give him a big contract though. Like if we are able to move JC or JC this summer, would we be a team that offers him the big deal? I give him a C+ and B+ for the 3&D respectively, but that might be worth $20M a year. Someone is going to think it is anyways.

Yeah there's definitely something off about him, I feel like he should be better than he is. I'm sure some team will believe in him and give him a big contract though. Like if we are able to move JC or JC this summer, would we be a team that offers him the big deal? I give him a C+ and B+ for the 3&D respectively, but that might be worth $20M a year. Someone is going to think it is anyways.
I don't think we would. I also didn't think we would trade for Collins (without compensation) either. Williams seems like a Detroit Piston to me.

I don't think we would. I also didn't think we would trade for Collins (without compensation) either. Williams seems like a Detroit Piston to me.

Collins is very unlikely, but Clarkson I could maybe see it (or with small compensation). Dumping either gets us to similar opportunities.

Collins is very unlikely, but Clarkson I could maybe see it (or with small compensation). Dumping either gets us to similar opportunities.
If you have Lauri, Hendricks, Williams, Collins, Kessler on the roster I think its a bit crowded. So I assume Collins would have to go if they went Williams. I don't think we dip our toes in that water unless we move one or two frontcourt pieces. Not that its ever stopped us before lol.

If you have Lauri, Hendricks, Williams, Collins, Kessler on the roster I think its a bit crowded. So I assume Collins would have to go if they went Williams. I don't think we dip our toes in that water unless we move one or two frontcourt pieces. Not that its ever stopped us before lol.

I think part of the appeal of guys like Hendricks at Pat is that you can never have too many of them.

Okoro is the guy I’d be targeting though. Would have been nice to have Simone on a tiny cap hold :/

I think part of the appeal of guys like Hendricks at Pat is that you can never have too many of them.

Okoro is the guy I’d be targeting though. Would have been nice to have Simone on a tiny cap hold :/
I hear that... but I also think you can have too many lol. We could likely manage it for a while but its not necessarily ideal.

Okoro is one we should make an offer on and its a two pronged attack. Make sure he is not cheap for the Cavs or that he leaves. Make their life just a little harder as we own their draft.

Okoro is cool, but the Jazz should be looking to add players who don't have glaring offensive or defensive limitations that make them hard to play or insert into lineups, like Simone Fonteccio from Detroit....

I'm still salty about that trade and I get more upset as time goes by. If you don't have Simone....you start thinking about giving Okoro/Pat $15-20M+ and you realize you should have just kept Simone.

I'm a FO believer and apologist, but I still think that's a super weird move.
This.
I'm almost always glass half full in jazz related things (I'm a homer) but I hated the Simone trade.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

I'm a FO believer and apologist, but I still think that's a super weird move.
The reasoning of conserving space made me furious as those that were calling John Collins "free" on twitter were also caping for the front office saving space by moving Simone as smart.

His caphold was manageable either way and if you really wanted to use cap space this summer don't effing go get a 27M PF/C