What's new

TBH I'm worried about where the Jazz will end up in the playoffs

Overall though I'm not worried about our seed or the outcome of these playoffs. I'm more focused on one, two, three years down the road and how the Jazz FO builds a champion. I could give a s*** about playoffs. Let's think bigger.

I just want a competitive team, top 4 west team, like we've had so far. I doubt we win any championships in the near future. Heck OKC with Durant and Westbrook only got to one final.

I think it would be nice to host the warriors for two games. They'd probably still rest Durant don't you think?

I think it would be nice to host the warriors for two games. They'd probably still rest Durant don't you think?

We played Golden State extremely close last season (no Durant) in our two home games, we should've won at least the second meeting. So yeah, we might have a chance to at least win a game I would think.

Even though the demonstration does not promise too many things, I would not like to take the regular season performance a 100% accurate indicator. I believe a deep squad full of hungry players for success can achieve great things in post season.

For example, the Blazers werre the 5th seed during 2014 playoffs and their matchup Rockets were 4th seed. Rockets led the season series against them 3-1. But they have lost the playoff series 4-2. These things can always happen. I am not saying Blazers competed for the ring that season but it is the unforeseen consequence of differring motivation levels and focus of the teams in playoffs, accompanied by their level of fatigue.

So always expect surprising performances from young, deep and hungry rosters.

I post, therefore I am.

Regardless if we finish 1st or 8th, there are no easy match ups in the West. We've made significant progress this year, thats clear for anyone to see. Gaining playoff experience this year is ESSENTIAL!

I'd prefer to drop a seed or 2 if it meant Hill can get healthy and return to his early season form. No point running him into the ground to protect home court only to exit in 1st round.

Last edited:
Let's be real....
There is no way the jazz can hang on to 4th or 5th seed. No way.
Hoping for 6th. Won't be surprised if we drop to 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the Jazz are better than Memphis and would win that matchup in 6. Conley and Randolph really have to bring their A game to beat us.

OKC really relies entirely on Westbrook to create offense. I'd be surprised if he can carry a team through a 7-game series with the Jazz throwing every scheme imaginable at him.

Clippers or Rockets, it's hard to tell where that series would go.
This

I care about all of this because I think Gordon Hayward cares about all of this. Did you all see the Cavs/Celtics game? Both teams played with grit and passion.

Why would Gordon pass on playing with a guy like IT4? He wont have the pressure of carrying the load yet he would have the chance to be phenomenal alongside that roster.

His brand grows immensely as soon as he starts playing well in the 2nd and even 3rd round of the playoffs. Boston fans would adore a pretty boy like Hayward. He soon replaces Tom Brady for that spot.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Let's be real....
There is no way the jazz can hang on to 4th or 5th seed. No way.
Hoping for 6th. Won't be surprised if we drop to 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As Jekyll and Hyde as this team has been this year this is entirely possible.

A team built around guys like Diaw, Ingles, Joe... With no athleticism whatsoever. Getting outmuscled and outhustled night in and night out... Is it really that difficult to find another energy guy like Trevor to help out Rudy and Gordon?

A team built around guys like Diaw, Ingles, Joe... With no athleticism whatsoever. Getting outmuscled and outhustled night in and night out... Is it really that difficult to find another energy guy like Trevor to help out Rudy and Gordon?

Bolomboy could potentially be that guy but he's still in the dleague.