What's new

Terrible movies.

I use reviews to help me decide what movie I want to watch.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I like Quentin Tarantino.

I don't think I really need to justify why I like Reservoir Dogs or Pulp Fiction, but let's have a go at it anyway!

Reservoir Dogs has a lot of good acting and a lot of good dialogue. It's a basic story about a heist but unlike most of those it doesn't focus on the heist. You get the meet and greet when they all get their color designations, and that's fun. Then you get the breakfast with a great social commentary on tipping and what Madonna's "Like a Virgin" is all about. Then you get the botched getaway with pain and disappointment. Then the meetup spot, where the psycho, the captured cop and the surprise undercover cop mortally wounded wait. So many good scenes. So much good dialogue. The actors are going for it 100%. I'm sorry for those of you who don't get it. I'm sorry you don't like good dialogue.

Pulp Fiction is much the same. But Pulp Fiction has a ton of laugh out loud moments. "Oh ****! I just shot Marvin in the face!" I mean that was a shocking moment that also provided some comic relief. The outfits they dressed in after they cleaned up, that was funny. I can't really spend the time going over all the funny moments in that film.

I should say, when I watched Pulp Fiction I hadn't seen Reservoir Dogs. But I had seen True Romance. True Romance was written by Tarantino but was not directed by him. Another film with tons of comedy, tons of great dialogue.

A few of you don't get it? You don't like dialogue? I don't know what your issue is. You just want special effects and cookie cutter characters? Whatever.

I like Quentin Tarantino.

I don't think I really need to justify why I like Reservoir Dogs or Pulp Fiction, but let's have a go at it anyway!

Reservoir Dogs has a lot of good acting and a lot of good dialogue. It's a basic story about a heist but unlike most of those it doesn't focus on the heist. You get the meet and greet when they all get their color designations, and that's fun. Then you get the breakfast with a great social commentary on tipping and what Madonna's "Like a Virgin" is all about. Then you get the botched getaway with pain and disappointment. Then the meetup spot, where the psycho, the captured cop and the surprise undercover cop mortally wounded wait. So many good scenes. So much good dialogue. The actors are going for it 100%. I'm sorry for those of you who don't get it. I'm sorry you don't like good dialogue.

Pulp Fiction is much the same. But Pulp Fiction has a ton of laugh out loud moments. "Oh ****! I just shot Marvin in the face!" I mean that was a shocking moment that also provided some comic relief. The outfits they dressed in after they cleaned up, that was funny. I can't really spend the time going over all the funny moments in that film.

I should say, when I watched Pulp Fiction I hadn't seen Reservoir Dogs. But I had seen True Romance. True Romance was written by Tarantino but was not directed by him. Another film with tons of comedy, tons of great dialogue.

A few of you don't get it? You don't like dialogue? I don't know what your issue is. You just want special effects and cookie cutter characters? Whatever.
I couldn't get past the gratuitous violence to care what they had to say. But that's just me.

I couldn't get past the gratuitous violence to care what they had to say. But that's just me.

I didn’t find the violence in RD or PF to be gratuitous. It was, to me, just more brutal. I did think the Pitt smashing the woman’s head in OUaTiH to be over the top and gratuitous. 1-2 less blows would’ve been fine and I wouldn’t have felt that way.

Last edited:
I didn’t find the violence in RD or PF to be gratuitous. It was, to me, just more brutal. I did think the Pitt smashing the woman’s head in OUaTiH to be over the top and gratuitous. 1-2 less blows would’ve been fine and I wouldn’t have felt that way.
I didn't analyze it that closely. It just seemed mostly unnecessary to tell the story.

I didn't analyze it that closely. It just seemed mostly unnecessary to tell the story.

Real violence is often just that, violent. That doesn’t make it gratuitous or too much if it helps to tell the story. In RD and PF, it did aid in storytelling and was therefore not gratuitous. To me anyway.

When playing board games or spending time with family, absolutely. The happiest times of my life.

I see what you did there, buddy boy. Now it's double-secret super gay.

The Last Airbender movie is the only movie I've seen that made me legit mad.

Clearly you didn't see The Dark Tower. Most disappointing movie of all time, and it's not even close. We're talking JazzJeter meets Beantown, meets Aint, meets the guy who stalks One Brow, all mixed together, eaten, digested, and shart into a bucket of char broiled butt holes -- and that's just the opening scene.

Armageddon is so stupid it literally makes me angry. And anything else by Michael Bay, come to think of it. He took a wrecking ball to my childhood with those godawful Transformers movies.
Pain and Gain, by Bay, starring the Rock and Marky Mark, was actually a really good movie. I swear. I hate his stuff usually.

This video is worth watching for any film fans, specifically haters of Michael Bay like me. He's not a terrible filmmaker, is the argument, and you can tell by watching what his imitators do. What he does well, he does really well, he just has no imagination.

Could you tell the stories in RD or PF, or JB or KB for that matter, without the violence? Maybe KB, but not the others. At least, it wouldn't have had an impact like it did.

Could you tell the stories in RD or PF, or JB or KB for that matter, without the violence? Maybe KB, but not the others. At least, it wouldn't have had an impact like it did.

I honestly don’t remember JB that well. But I don’t see how you tell the other three and remain true to the essence of those films without the violence.