As predicted by most

Roster Currently Under Guaranteed Contracts:
Rubio/Allen
Mitchell/O'Neale/Burks
Ingles
Crowder/Thabo
Gobert/Bradley

Last edited:
Waiving Thabo only made sense if the Jazz were waiving everyone. Even if they only kept one of Favors/Exum, they would still only have about 10-13 million in cap room. If they kept both (which has been their stated intention) waiving Thabo doesnt do anything for their cap-space either way.

Will be interesting to see who gets the back-up 3/4 minutes between Royce/Thabo/Jae.

If I'm looking at it right we are just under $84 million guaranteed for this season.

Waiving Thabo only made sense if the Jazz were waiving everyone. Even if they only kept one of Favors/Exum, they would still only have about 10-13 million in cap room. If they kept both (which has been their stated intention) waiving Thabo doesnt do anything for their cap-space either way.

Will be interesting to see who gets the back-up 3/4 minutes between Royce/Thabo/Jae.

Huge Royce fam but he's highly overrated here. Thabo is better than him at nearly everything, and not tone to bouts of stupidity.

Huge Royce fam but he's highly overrated here. Thabo is better than him at nearly everything, and not tone to bouts of stupidity.
Yeah, but Thabo played the 4 exclusively last year. Royce was guarding 1-3. I dont think Thabo has the foot-speed anymore to guard quicker players like Royce can. It's probably more of a Jae vs Thabo thing for minutes.

Yippee the same team.... the west gets better and the only change for the jazz is they get a year older. Thabo’s a grandpa...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O’Neale is still improving.

I believe

I didn't feel like staying the obvious. He's a better ball handler and assist man but Thabo is supreme from 2 and solid from 3, and a significantly better defender.

It'll probably come down to matchups and I think Thabo helps a win now mode team more. I hope Royce earns that spot by playoffs. I have a lot of hope for the kid, but history isn't really on his side here.

Yippee the same team.... the west gets better and the only change for the jazz is they get a year older. Thabo’s a grandpa...

Well, our star and one of our key rotation players now have a full NBA season under their belts and now know what it takes to win a playoff series in the west, that's not nothing. You say 'one year older' like it's a bad thing.

Houston got worse, they lost Ariza. GSW lost McGee and still don't have a reliable center and it's not realistic to get better than them right now anyways. OKC is rolling out the same team. Portland lost Ed Davis and are still paying Turner and Leonard. Lakers haven't signed Kawhi yet and even if they do they will lose help around those. Pelicans signed, Elfrid Payton. ****ing Payton.

Chill. Jazz are more likely to improve internally than other teams.