What's new

Thank You Spida Mitchell!!!

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
Biggest what if for me is if we traded for Chris Paul instead of Conley. Both were available at that time. Chris Paul is easy to hate, but he’s just so goddamn effective too
There were probably 4-6 players we could have gotten that would have filled the bill far better than Conley. We totally **** the bed giving up so much for Conley when he was never the answer to anything for us.

Oh, and I wish Mitchell luck in his new gig. But the last couple of seasons really showed who he is and I'm glad he's gone.

MT Steve

Contributor
You do realize that first of the last couple years the jazz hade the #1 best record in the league. That was a fun year. How did you not enjoy that year? Lmao.
I get what he means though. The team's inability to win a close game, and their tendency to melt down in the face of adversity, was really frustrating.

We all knew what would happen when the playoffs came around, so it made all the blowout wins against the bottom 2/3 of the league feel empty.

We had an insanely talented group, but god DAMN they were mentally weak.

SoUjazzfan

You do realize that first of the last couple years the jazz hade the #1 best record in the league. That was a fun year. How did you not enjoy that year? Lmao.
We were a paper tiger and literally everyone knew it! Makes the playoff collapse that much worse, even though you could see it coming a mile away.

Thee Idiotic Minivan K

I get what he means though. The team's inability to win a close game, and their tendency to melt down in the face of adversity, was really frustrating.

We all knew what would happen when the playoffs came around, so it made all the blowout wins against the bottom 2/3 of the league feel empty.

We had an insanely talented group, but god DAMN they were mentally weak.
Not two years ago!!

cowhide

I wish DM all the luck and I hope he makes his critics eat crow. I wish Rudy, Joe, Royce and any other Jazz player the best except when they play the Jazz. I hope Jazz fans show some class and give them cheers when introduced in their first games to SLC. I know some Jazz fans will act like jerks but one can hope.

TheGoldStandard

2022 Prediction Contest Winner
There were probably 4-6 players we could have gotten that would have filled the bill far better than Conley. We totally **** the bed giving up so much for Conley when he was never the answer to anything for us.

Oh, and I wish Mitchell luck in his new gig. But the last couple of seasons really showed who he is and I'm glad he's gone.
Classic case of getting a player because no one else is available. His contract stifled the team. I didn't want that trade at the time, oh well.