What's new

The “I’m a Mike Conley hating bitch” list

He played very well last night! If he can keep that up then the 30 million will be almost well spent! He shot well, passed well, played good defense, rebounded!

He hit 5 threes in the first half.

It was clearly Bogey’s turn.

That's great and all. I hope he continues to improve and hit his stride. That said, with the contract he has, the reputation he's gained and the expectations most everyone set, he's not free from criticism.

Having big first and second quarters are awesome. Having big third and fourth quarters is what makes stars and legends.

Right now Conley is just paid like a star.

I’m so glad that there are hard *** fans like you’re around, to hold players like Conley to the fire when the don’t measure up.

Other fans are just mediocre by comparison. You set an extraordinary standard, Archie.

So then you must agree with me that Donovan practically gave the game away single handedly with his foolish shot selection, numerous turnovers and slip shod defense? Don't get me wrong, when Mitchell plays well, I'll be the first to give him the credit he deserves. Last night? He was turrible!

I’m so glad that there are hard *** fans like you’re around, to hold players like Conley to the fire when the don’t measure up.

Other fans are just mediocre by comparison. You set an extraordinary standard, Archie.

I know, how dare me or any fan for having high expectations for players like Conley.

There needs to be more peace, butterflies, positivity, and Engored on Uborn Gore in the world.

I know, how dare me or any fan for having high expectations for players like Conley.

There needs to be more peace, butterflies, positivity, and Engored on Uborn Gore in the world.

What do you get when you take a star player who usually has early season struggles, put him in a new system that also gets out to slow starts, and combine that with a fan base who cries doom and gloom at the first sign of trouble?

Those are all valid points but knocking on Conley for playing underwhelming isn't bad or wrong. It's just saying, at this point, he's not who we thought he was.

It doesn't mean he can't be. It's just making an assessment based off of how he's played with the Jazz. Is that wrong to do? Nah.

Last edited:

You so tough as nails I can barely stand it. The way you take a stand for your standards, and then keep yourself composed in the face of scrutiny is an inspiration.

I don’t know how you do it, but everything you type is like gospel truth to me.

Those are all valid points but knocking on Conley for playing underwhelming isn't bad or wrong. It's just saying, at this point, he's not who we thought he was.

It doesn't mean he can't be. It's just making an assessed based off of how he's played with the Jazz. Is that wrong to do? Nah.
My post wasn't in response to you, but the general vibe of the comments trashing him. I have no problem criticizing his poor play, my point has more to do with coming to a conclusion on what he'll do for this team after 9 games.

My post wasn't in response to you, but the general vibe of the comments trashing him. I have no problem criticizing his poor play, my point has more to do with coming to a conclusion on what he'll do for this team after 9 games.
Shall we take this time to recall some of the early conclusions Archie came up with after about 10 games of Donovan Mitchell’s rookie year?

You so tough as nails I can barely stand it. The way you take a stand for your standards, and then keep yourself composed in the face of scrutiny is an inspiration.

I don’t know how you do it, but everything you type is like gospel truth to me.

Every time I type, I hope it comes across as if I'm in a lifted truck and revving the engine. I'm one if those motorcycle guys that shows how big my balls are by making my crotch rocket go really loud.

Except, that's what you have envisioned, but you're wrong on this.

It's not that I'm so tough or daring, it's that you're too weak to hear criticism for the highest paid Jazz player of all time that's played, barely, like a back up.

Look, dude. I'm 100% a Jazz fan. Conley hasn't played how he should have. If this hurts your feelings, it doesn't mean I'm tough and spewing atrocities. It means you're a gawd damn buttercup.

I like Conley, but he's been a disappointment up to this point. I'm so hard and tough for saying this. The national, local, and ESPN media must be hard asses as well cause the say it too.

I'd love for Conley to play at the level we expected, but until then, as the long remembered words from @TroutBum would have you know, cry harder.

5 months of hard lifting, pudgy couch potato.

I got you. I think we're both on the same page then.

Shall we take this time to recall some of the early conclusions Archie came up with after about 10 games of Donovan Mitchell’s rookie year?

Mitchell sucked *** his first 5 to 10 games. If you're to weak to understand that criticism from what we saw about Mitchell (he literally has the record for poorest shooting percentage to start a career as a lottery pick.)

I never made a conclusion that he would suck or anyone would. If you read my post, you'll see I make fun of fans for thinking they're forecasters, weathermen, and soothsayers. GMs have a hard enough time doing it, let alone fans.

If a Jazz player plays bad. I'm gonna say it. During Mitchell's rookie year, I assure you, I pimped him harder than any Jazz player on Jazzfanz during summer ball.

He just sucked to start his NBA career. 100% understandable. Was asked too much of him. He still sucked to the degree that he holds an NBA record.

Do you argue that assessment?

Last edited:
I think he's talking about how you said he wasn't athletic.

Again, I was a huge fan of him during summer league. His first 5 games he looked slow, confused and unathletic. Obviously, since I wasn't a GAWD DANM forecaster (my biggest fandom pet peeve) people had a hard time with it. I still continually self deprecate for saying he looked slow in a game thread - ask @fishonjazz. I know he's not slow. I know he's not unathletic. Go back and watch his first 5 or so games. I was saying what I saw game by game.

Dude turned the ball over consistently, couldn't guard and couldn't make a shot. He was asked too much of. I wasn't forecasting. Lol.

Don't know, man. I get being positive but some fans are more ludicrous than fans who say stat athletes look poor during game by game assessments.

Last edited:
He cost us Bricky, Crowder, Korver, Allen and a couple of first round picks so he better be effing producing.

Isn't it funny how Rubio is in an article on ESPN today being a suprise as well as Phoenix? I wasn't a huge Rubio fan other than his defense and passion, but he clearly out played Conley up to this point.

Mitchell sucked *** his first 5 to 10 games. If you're to weak to understand that criticism from what we saw about Mitchell (he literally has the record for poorest shooting percentage to start a career as a lottery pick.)

I never made a conclusion that he would suck or anyone would. If you read my post, you'll see I make fun of fans for thinking they're forecasters, weathermen, and soothsayers. GMs have a hard enough time doing it, let alone fans.

If a Jazz player plays bad. I'm gonna say it. During Mitchell's rookie year, I assure you, I pimped him harder than any Jazz player on Jazzfanz during summer ball.

He just sucked to start his NBA career. 100% understandable. Was asked too much of him. He still sucked to the degree that he holds an NBA record.

Do you argue that assessment?
You stated that Mitchell was unathletic and that the Jazz should trade Gobert.

Have fun spinning these truths.