What's new

The “I’m a Mike Conley hating bitch” list

He started slow last year too... not this slow... again, let's re-visit this in 20 games. If he isn't performing by then I'll be in full panic.

As bad as these 4 games really have been, it’s hard to look at a guy averaging 20 ppg last year, and entire body of work, on a new team for the first time ever, and think that these four games are a better sample than anything the past couple years. If one is an anomaly between the past 4 games and the past 2-3 years, I know where I’d put my money.

Anyone remember concern over Bogdanovic in preseason? How’d that age?

Mike's job is harder than Bogey's. Bojan did what I thought he needed to and just focused on scoring. Last night on one play when he was trying to balance creating and scoring he threw a pass to nowhere when he should have just shot... so as good as he's looked he's still figuring it out.

Mike will figure it out... I hoped he'd hit the ground running but it appears they have some stuff to iron out. My only worry is the mental part can build on itself. In the first game he just missed shots... they were rattling in and out, but they were close. Last night he was just throwing stuff up. So that part is concerning.

When the Jazz was going after Conley last year, Locke had all these stats saying that Conley is one of the most overrated guards in the league. I hope he wasn't right. I would gladly eat Crow if Conley turns things around, but he has a case of the Ipps and I don't know if he can get over it soon. I don't even think the legendary tank commander John Lucas III started out this bad.

His floor this year, in my view, is 14 and 5 on respectable numbers that space the floor. Even if he’s not last year’s Conley, what he’ll bring is valuable and important.

When the Jazz was going after Conley last year, Locke had all these stats saying that Conley is one of the most overrated guards in the league. I hope he wasn't right. I would gladly eat Crow if Conley turns things around, but he has a case of the Ipps and I don't know if he can get over it soon. I don't even think the legendary tank commander John Lucas III started out this bad.

I feel pretty damn lost in the sauce, cos i watched conley play in memphis and he looks so out of wack rn.

Eff David

I'm still holding out hope it's an anomaly. I think it's harder to learn to be a primary ball handler in a new system than it is to learn to be the recipient of a pass with the green light to go for it. That second part comes fairly naturally no matter the system, but the primary handler has to get everyone on the same page, and get it all going and make the right decision ... and still decide and act quickly and naturally to keep the flow. It's hard. I'm for sure giving Mike the benefit of the doubt and a chance to get comfortable before I even think of going down a critical path.

He's shown what he can do. Trust Mike, and trust Quin and the coaching staff, they have done some pretty amazing things so far with most of the people that have come through here.

The guy I’m worried about is Ingles. I’m not sure I like this coming off the bench stuff. He’s deferring a lot. Even though he wouldn’t get as much usage, I’d like to see us start him in place of Royce and run the offense where the ball is pinballing and ping ponging all over the floor to someone for an open three, and open cut, or a Rudy lob. Wear the other team’s starters down through ball movement.

I agree, I think he'd be much more effective playing with the starters. When he's in with the second unit he doesn't get hardly any open looks from 3 and there's no one for him to run pick and roll with.

I heard his next season salary was a player option, but Hoopshype shows it as team option.

Tough position for Jazz in June.

Unless another team needs 32 million in cap relief.

I heard his next season salary was a player option, but Hoopshype shows it as team option.

Tough position for Jazz in June.

Unless another team needs 32 million in cap relief.
It’s player option.

James Harden and Mike Conley are both shooting 15% from behind the arc.

* They both shot 36% from the 3 point line last season. (Harden is 36% for his career, Conley is 37% for his career)
* They both are adjusting to finding their rhythm with a new backcourt mate who also demands the ball.
* They both are on teams with winning records.
* They both will revert to their averages in time.

200px-LloydBentsen.jpg

I've seen James Harden....

After 4 games Mike is averaging 7.8 ppg at 20% FG% and 15% 3FG%. Yikes.
James 29 ppg, 28% FG%, and 15% 3FG%

As bad as these 4 games really have been, it’s hard to look at a guy averaging 20 ppg last year, and entire body of work, on a new team for the first time ever, and think that these four games are a better sample than anything the past couple years. If one is an anomaly between the past 4 games and the past 2-3 years, I know where I’d put my money.

Anyone remember concern over Bogdanovic in preseason? How’d that age?

It's hard to think of a guy with such a large sample of success in the NBA put together such an atrocious first four game sample on a new team. At this point, you'd imagine he's trying to be this bad.

I can't think of anyone else who's had such a miserable first four games coming off an all star level previous season.

I do think he's a lot better and will play better, but after four miserable games, I'm crossing my fingers.

He will come around. New situation, new team. Not to mention the 4 hour practices. That will tire out anyone who isn’t used to it...