What's new

The 2011 NBA Draft Lottery Thread, May 17th, 8:30 EST

One Western Conference general manager was more succinct in his analysis of this year’s pool of available players.
“It’s horrendous,” he said. “Every year we always talk about how bad the draft is. This year we really mean it.”

One Western Conference general manager was more succinct in his analysis of this year’s pool of available players.
“It’s horrendous,” he said. “Every year we always talk about how bad the draft is. This year we really mean it.”

There's a reason GM's always talk about how bad the draft is. It's called job security.

Can't wait for 6:30 pm (Mountain time). I'm obsessing more about the Jazz in the offseason than I ever during during the regular season this past year.

It was a lousy year. (but I admit I do love the NBA draft).

I'd be cool with Marshon Brooks, Chris Singleton or Josh Selby at 12. Those are all potential impact players.

I'd be cool with Marshon Brooks, Chris Singleton or Josh Selby at 12. Those are all potential impact players.

Of those three I might be leaning toward lock down defender Singleton. Not sure if Brooks is a super stud in the making so I'd wait to grab a stud in the better 2012 draft (Barnes, or settling on Gilchrist).

I hope KOC has a fat envelope full of cash to give to Stern right before the commencement of the drawing.

Of those three I might be leaning toward lock down defender Singleton. Not sure if Brooks is a super stud in the making so I'd wait to grab a stud in the better 2012 draft (Barnes, or settling on Gilchrist).

Agreed. Singleton is starting to look better and he might be that lock down defender Utah needs. Im just hoping his size is for real and that he might be the closes thing we can get to a Labron Stopper. And what do you guys think about Rubio coming to Minny? Maybe Bell and a 2nd rounder for next year draft for Flynn?

Agreed. Singleton is starting to look better and he might be that lock down defender Utah needs. Im just hoping his size is for real and that he might be the closes thing we can get to a Labron Stopper. And what do you guys think about Rubio coming to Minny? Maybe Bell and a 2nd rounder for next year draft for Flynn?
It depends where the Wolves end up in the lottery tonight. If I were their GM and we ended up with the 1st pick then I would take Irving and trade Rubio's rights.

If Rubio wouldn't go to Minny I'd doubt he'd come to Utah.

But Jazzfanz, I'm confused as to what your proposal is. Is it Utah trades Bell + a 2nd rounder to Minny for Flynn + 2012 first rounder?

If Rubio wouldn't go to Minny I'd doubt he'd come to Utah.

But Jazzfanz, I'm confused as to what your proposal is. Is it Utah trades Bell + a 2nd rounder to Minny for Flynn + 2012 first rounder?

Minny seems pretty confident they finally might be able to get Rubio over. If so they certainly might trade the first pick.

Flynn was dog doodoo this year, but suppose he is still young and could improve.

Sounds like Rubio is coming over...So I would offer Bell and 2012 2nd round pick for Flynn. Yes he was aweful but seriously there entire team was aweful!! And there coach needs to be fired! He didn't know how to use Big Al, Ramon Sessions, and J. Flynn. Maybe its just new situation for Flynn ,will work more wonders then Botox on an 80yr old! :)

I can't watch or listen to the radio so would someone mind updating this thread as close to real time as possible? Or can someone provide a link to a site that will show results real time?

Screenshot-ESPN%20-%202011%20NBA%20Lottery%20Mock%20Draft%20-%20Google%20Chrome.png